Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89438 times)

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2013, 02:21:05 am »
i collect pop vinyl figures.
got over 100 of them now with more in the mail

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2013, 01:10:54 pm »
Comics
Batman Arkham Asylum: a serious House on Serious Earth (15th Anniversary Edition)
Batman Beyond: Industrial Revolution

Anime
Kurokami Vol. 1-3(DVD) vol.6(blu-ray) oddly with that combo I'm only missing 2 episodes of that series which pisses me off because I can't find vol. 4 for less than $100
Full Metal Panic! TSR complete(Blu-Ray)

Manga
Ruroni Kenshin (vizbig) vol.3
Berserk vol.2&3
Black God(Kurokami) vol.1-6

Animated Batman
Batman Beyond seasons 2&3

scott

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2013, 12:08:33 am »
I'm working through my list of digital CDs and replacing them with real ones. Today I snagged Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, and Good News for People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse. As well as buying Coheeds new CD The Afterman: Descension. I had 2 $5 reward certificates at Best Buy, so I ended up getting one of them free, basically.

Only 89 more albums to go.

And yes, I'm on a hard anti-digital resistance. Viva la Tangible!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2013, 12:41:51 am »
I haven't posted in this thread yet, so these are some of the purchases I've made in the last few months or so. I mostly collect comics outside of video games, and movies.

I also collect CDs to a lesser extent. But with online radio, YouTube, single-song downloads on Amazon, and other means I haven't been collecting physical media music as much as I used to.

Movies:
-Alien Trilogy
-Akira (Animated)
-Batman Beyond: The Movie (Animated)
-Batman: Under the Red Hood (Animated)
-Blade II
-The Dark Knight
-Event Horizon
-The Faculty
-Heavy Metal (Animated)
-Hook
-Justice League: Doom (Animated)
-The Last Starfighter
-Legend (1985)
-Metallica: Live, Sh--, Binge, & Purge
-Motley Crue: Decade of Decadence
-The Mummy
-Predator 2
-Prometheus
-Resident Evil
-Star Trek (2009)
-Superman II
-Ted
-Willow
-WWE: The Attitude Era
-WWE: Hell in a Cell: The Greatest Hell in a Cell Matches
-Young Guns

Graphic Novels:
-Avengers: Infinity
-Batman: Gotham By Gaslight
-Exiles: The Age of Apocalypse
-Iron Man: The Armor Wars
-Justice Society: All-Star Comics Vol. 1
-Marvel Universe: The End
-Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1 - Origin storyline and Dr. Doom storyline

Comics:
-The Age of Apocalypse 10th Anniversary Mini-Series & One-Shot
-Amazing Spider-Man #250 - Climactic battle with original Hobgoblin.
-Amazing Spider-Man #252 - First in-print appearance of Spider-Man's black costume.
-Avengers vs. X-Men mini-series and Avengers issues
-Green Lantern/GL Corps: Rise of the Third Army storyline
-Last Hero Standing mini-series (Marvel Comics)
-Last Planet Standing mini-series (Marvel Comics)
-Marvel 1602 mini-series
-Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars #8 - First in-story appearance and origin of Spider-Man's black costume.
-Shazam #1 (1973) - First appearance of Captain Marvel in DC Comics and since the Golden Age.
-Superman: H'El on Earth storyline
-Thor - Eric Masterson as Thor issues.
-Ultimate Fantastic Four #27-29 - President Thor storyline
-Universe X mini-series (Marvel Comics)
-War of Kings - Cosmic Marvel Crossover
-Web of Spider-Man #1 - Spider-Man loses the Alien Symbiote Costume.

CDs:
-3 Inches of Blood: Advance & Vanquish
-Amon Amarth: With Oden on Our Side
-Amorphis: Skyforger
-As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security
-Demons & Wizards (Self-Titled)
-Demons & Wizards: Touched by the Crimson King
-Disturbed: Believe
-Five Finger Death Punch: American Capitalist
-Metallica: Ride the Lightning (had this on cassette tape for years)
-Metallica: Master of Puppets (had this on cassette tape for years)
-Metallica: And Justice For All (had this on cassette tape for years)
-Nightwish: Highest Hopes: The Best of
-Nightwish: Dark Passion Play
-Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:23:31 am by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2013, 09:17:27 pm »

They're coming to get you, Barbara...

$2.

scott

« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »
Nice! Is that a legit autograph? Or printed on the box

foxhack

« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:45 pm »
It's printed on the artwork. :P

This is (or was) the only release with George Romero doing commentary. He says this was intended to be -the- commentary for the film (I think he also did one for the Elite DVD edition from the early 2000s.)

sin2beta

« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »
It's printed on the artwork. :P

This is (or was) the only release with George Romero doing commentary. He says this was intended to be -the- commentary for the film (I think he also did one for the Elite DVD edition from the early 2000s.)

That's nice to know! I would love to hear the commentary, I will have to keep an eye out for it. I had a hell of a time tracking down an acceptable version of Night of the Living Dead when I bought it ~5 years ago. It is right up there with Star Wars with the number of pointless and horrible revisions. It is one of my favorite films though.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2013, 12:01:00 am »
I got the 1979 Topps Mariners Team Set in the mail today!  I have completed 1977 and I am missing two sets from 1978, one because it has not been listed on ebay and the other because I don't want to spend 40 bucks on 12 pieces of cardboard ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:38 am »
That's nice to know! I would love to hear the commentary, I will have to keep an eye out for it. I had a hell of a time tracking down an acceptable version of Night of the Living Dead when I bought it ~5 years ago. It is right up there with Star Wars with the number of pointless and horrible revisions. It is one of my favorite films though.
I think you're mistaken. There's only been one version of the original Night of the Living Dead. Remakes and sequels don't count. You see the movie show up everywhere because a particular print of the movie fell into the public domain, so it shows up on cheapy DVD sets all the time, often in awful quality. I have it in two or three different versions aside from this one but this is the best DVD print of the movie I've seen.

There is one "alternate" version made by John Russo, though. One that adds completely pointless scenes and horrible "modern" music. Oh and they got Bill Hinzman to reprise his role as the cemetery ghoul... with horrible make-up that makes his face look like if it had a plastic mask on top of it. Nothing against the man, he can do a great zombie (and played one in other films) but the makeup he had on him in that version looked flippin' ridiculous.

And then there's this asshole:

Because Night of the Living Dead needed a pointless preacher dude who keeps ramming how evil evil evil humanity is and the ending with this guy just made me rage so hard. SO HARD.

If I ever get to do movie reviews I AM GOING TO RANT ABOUT THIS GUY SO FUCKING MUCH. Spoiler alert for the ending: IT FUCKING BLOWS.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:22:53 am by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2013, 12:41:11 am »
Ha ya. I'll have to keep an eye out for that version. I have a cheapie copy that has both B&W and Colorized versions on the disc. It seemed to be pretty decent quality. But I'd love to hear Romero talk about the movie.

foxhack

« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2013, 04:01:53 pm »

I found six different Bloom County books for $1. I thought this would be worth something, but... nope! Still, the books are pretty funny (and strangely accurate even today) so I think I'll keep 'em. And yes, that IS Poppa Bush holding a penguin wearing a bikini.

A booth where I usually get CDs and games had a tub with dollar store DVDs. I asked the owner the price and she said two for a buck. Hnnnnnnngh. I held up and decided to go back after I'd done my usual hunt for stuff, and when I did, I grabbed all these. I left behind a -lot- of things I wanted to take because they were either scratched, cracked, or the artwork was trashed. Still, nine bucks for what amounts to 27 movies, none of which I already owned, wasn't bad.

I think I have a problem. :P

« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »
Picked up Ring of Honor: Honor vs. Evil for my pro wrestling collection.

Still need to pick up the last two Chikara shows and the last couple of TNA PPVs from 2012.

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

ko1ru

« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »
I got a copy of Ys I & II Chronicles Soundtrack for $5, new and sealed.

Disgaeniac, I think you had said you got this recently?  Is yours missing the back cover?  The CD has a little booklet in the front, but no spine or back insert.  Mine is factory-sealed, so I would assume it was packaged this way...?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:23 pm »
Passed up Serenity for $3.99 on DVD at Goodwill. It even had the collector's edition case with the foil-enhanced artwork. I've been kicking myself ever since. I hope it's still there when I go back.