Author Topic: Gaming/Collecting "I Nevers"...  (Read 3367 times)

thecollector0o7

Re: Gaming/Collecting "I Nevers"...
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:26 am »
So...what were your thoughts/impressions about Pokemon (I've never played one yet myself) & which game did you play?!

Personally I'm a big Pokemon fan. I'd say if you've never played one before, you should try Platinum, Heartgold/Soulsilver, or FireRed/LeafGreen. If the amount of Pokemon in pre-Black/White seems overwhelming, try Black/White, since there are only 150 some Pokemon in those games, before post-HoF.

I agree, if you dont have a gameboy to play the original 2 or yellow, then play Platinum/Pearl/Dimond. After that in Black/White, you get bombarded with to many new pokemon. 

scott

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 12:00:46 pm »
The nice thing about him not ever playing a Pokemon game is that they are all new Pokemon.  ;D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

thecollector0o7

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:43 pm »
Thats true :P, having played Pokemon for most of my life, I still say the original are the best but thats me being bias :P. The new ones are pretty cool aside from the new pokemon. But I just always find myself going and picking up my Game Boy and playing Yellow :P

scott

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »
"I've Nevers":

1) ...buy a game base solely on reviews/ first looks.
2) ...buy a game as an investment
3) ...I never sell off non-dupes (anymore)

"I just can't understand why/Believe that anyone would":

1) People think they are getting a good deal for trading in games/consoles to buy different games/consoles.
2) Fanboys, of all stripes.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:18 pm »
I'm w/ you on all of those, Scott -except- for the "never buying a games as an investment"...

...Any specific reasons that you don't/won't do it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:01 pm »
I'm w/ you on all of those, Scott -except- for the "never buying a games as an investment"...

...Any specific reasons that you don't/won't do it?

Well, first of all, I don't really have the money to put forward to buy multiple CE/LE games from day one. I hem and haw about buying the CE/LEs that I do buy because I have to justify the value of it in my mind.

Then there is the thing of choosing the right ones. And will they more than likely go up in price? But seeing a bunch of CEs on store shelves with slashed prices for 1/3 of their original price, makes me think they generally won't...

Finally, I'm bad at determining value on items. So when I go to sell something, I either mistakenly mark it for too much, thus never selling it. Or, like the case of my original Nintendo and Saturn systems, ask way to little and end up selling it for way less that it should have and feeling like a fool later.

Mostly, I'm not a big risk taker and worry about ponying up the cash to potentially not see a return on it.

It's like playing the AH in WoW. I was never any good at it and was constantly broke, ha.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 03:44:08 pm »
^^^     ^^^     ^^^

All good reasons :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

lordmeatpie

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 02:04:00 am »
(5).  I will *NEVER* buy and/or support any system that goes "100% Digital"...OR...a system that dis-allows the ability to play used games!

(1).  Welcome/prefer a future where physical copies of games cease to exist, and

I strongly agree with both of those.
Im glad they scrapped the DL Only for PS4.
Also wanna throw out that the PSP Go was lame.
And as working in a 2nd hand game store, that would ruin business for staying with the times on technology.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

htimreimer

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 04:24:31 am »
(5).  I will *NEVER* buy and/or support any system that goes "100% Digital"...OR...a system that dis-allows the ability to play used games!

(1).  Welcome/prefer a future where physical copies of games cease to exist, and

I strongly agree with both of those.
Im glad they scrapped the DL Only for PS4.
Also wanna throw out that the PSP Go was lame.
And as working in a 2nd hand game store, that would ruin business for staying with the times on technology.
i also agree with you