Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600585 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10500 on: April 15, 2016, 03:04:30 pm »
Does anyone know if the GOTY edition of Dead Island on XBox 360 came with a physical manual or not? I was just curious because I picked it up from GameStop, and mine doesn't have a manual.

BTW, what the hell does everyone do with their manuals? Why are so many freaking games missing them? I mean, there's a nice little slip in to keep the manual in your case and everything, so it's not like it gets in the way.

I miss manuals. Glad that some games still do it, but they're a dying breed.

Also, I don't know what people do with their manuals when they sell them back without them. Either they just forgot or someone else stole it.  Was your copy a "Gamestop 'new'" copy?

No, it was used. I was just wondering if I had a complete copy or not.

abe

« Reply #10501 on: April 15, 2016, 03:05:35 pm »
Fellow Canadian VGCollectors, are any of you familiar with videogamesplus.ca and would you recommend it?

This is from over a year ago, but I don't think anyone answered Abe back then.  They've been restocking a few things, and I notice that they mention that they are allowed to "republish" rare games. Does anyone know anything about this?

Are these releasees different at all from the originals? They tweet about items and working with licenses and such, so it seems legit, but also seems odd to me.

That quote really confused me for a moment there haha. I was wondering why I didn't remember posting that and then I looked at the date. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #10502 on: April 15, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »
Does anyone know if the GOTY edition of Dead Island on XBox 360 came with a physical manual or not? I was just curious because I picked it up from GameStop, and mine doesn't have a manual.

BTW, what the hell does everyone do with their manuals? Why are so many freaking games missing them? I mean, there's a nice little slip in to keep the manual in your case and everything, so it's not like it gets in the way.

I miss manuals. Glad that some games still do it, but they're a dying breed.

Also, I don't know what people do with their manuals when they sell them back without them. Either they just forgot or someone else stole it.  Was your copy a "Gamestop 'new'" copy?

No, it was used. I was just wondering if I had a complete copy or not.

I believe it did come with a manual, at least one of those 4-page jobs. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #10503 on: April 15, 2016, 10:25:24 pm »
We had really bad hail earlier this week, talking 3.5 inch hailstones.  Home insurance is coming out next week to inspect.  Hadnt heard anything all week from auto insurance and then I get a phone call from them stating they will be at my house in 20 minutes to inspect the vehicle while I was at work (25 min drive).

Car is deemed unsalvageable.  Now I get to go through the process to retain the vehicle and get it repaired myself.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10504 on: April 15, 2016, 10:34:01 pm »
We had really bad hail earlier this week, talking 3.5 inch hailstones.  Home insurance is coming out next week to inspect.  Hadnt heard anything all week from auto insurance and then I get a phone call from them stating they will be at my house in 20 minutes to inspect the vehicle while I was at work (25 min drive).

Car is deemed unsalvageable.  Now I get to go through the process to retain the vehicle and get it repaired myself.

But down that road. Well, car repairs. Not hail, just smash. Smash and run. Cost me about $400 out of pocket to fix and that's DIY.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10505 on: April 16, 2016, 03:16:26 am »
Showing symptoms of bicep tendinitis on my right arm when lifting heavy and it sucks but I've felt worse. I'm too damn stupid or stubborn to let myself recover too long, you decide. I'll have to figure something out. Hitting it again starting Monday whether it's ready or not. Hopefully I can get it healed up for good but not if it requires me to stop doing what I'm doing for more than a few days.

Maybe I can borrow my friend's grandma's garlic socks recipe--he says they can help prevent aids during sex, maybe they can help my arm, too. I assume it's like the "Fix for everything" Vicks rub Hispanic families use for anything and everything. The common cold, squeaky doors, you name it. Sarcasm doesn't go so well online.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 05:36:07 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

Warmsignal

« Reply #10506 on: April 16, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »
Trying to decide whether to spend basically all of my savings on a car. The situation is tricky. My current car is still hundreds of dollars away from being road legal because of body rust and cracked windshield. It's only worth it's cost in repairs.

Went out and test drove a car today, and I somewhat like it. It's a Fusion Sport edition. It's only 4 years old and $5000 some dollars. Reason being is it was a flooded car. The guy who sells them runs a rental service with nothing but flood cars, and sells them off every so often. It's not perfect, it's been treated like a rental but overall no major problems. It's just that when cars get flooded it ruins the resell value of them and that's why it doesn't cost a fortune. It has bluetooth, reverse camera, USB support, all the gadgetry works. Me being picky, the only issue I have is that it's essentially just a better, newer version of my current car. Rather than being something completely different. I'm torn. Dunno if I should just wait, or will I miss out on a great car if I do? On the other hand, could end up being a money pit too.

kashell

« Reply #10507 on: April 16, 2016, 06:07:58 pm »
Trying to decide whether to spend basically all of my savings on a car. The situation is tricky. My current car is still hundreds of dollars away from being road legal because of body rust and cracked windshield. It's only worth it's cost in repairs.

Went out and test drove a car today, and I somewhat like it. It's a Fusion Sport edition. It's only 4 years old and $5000 some dollars. Reason being is it was a flooded car. The guy who sells them runs a rental service with nothing but flood cars, and sells them off every so often. It's not perfect, it's been treated like a rental but overall no major problems. It's just that when cars get flooded it ruins the resell value of them and that's why it doesn't cost a fortune. It has bluetooth, reverse camera, USB support, all the gadgetry works. Me being picky, the only issue I have is that it's essentially just a better, newer version of my current car. Rather than being something completely different. I'm torn. Dunno if I should just wait, or will I miss out on a great car if I do? On the other hand, could end up being a money pit too.

I would say hunt around a little bit more, do some Kelly Blue Book research, and see what type of car "fits" you best.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10508 on: April 16, 2016, 06:35:30 pm »

That sucks! Sorry
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10509 on: April 18, 2016, 10:09:08 am »
Finally.

A gorgeous spring day here in sunny south jersey!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #10510 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:22 am »
Finally.

A gorgeous spring day here in sunny south jersey!

Usually the weather in Missouri sucks on a daily basis.  But I have to say, Friday through today has been beautiful.  The humidity isn't unbearable, there has been a nice breeze and the temps have been in the mid to upper 70's. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #10511 on: April 18, 2016, 11:05:27 am »

That sucks bud and I'm sorry to hear it.  Last April, we had the worst storm I have ever seen come through our area.  Several tornados, softball-size hail.  The vinyl siding on my house was obliterated.  My and my oldest daughter's bedroom windows were smashed out.  My gutters were...well, gutted.  The shingle roof was demolished.  The carport has a bazillion dents.  Yard ornaments were exploded all over the yard like they were nuked. 

On one hand, we were lucky the car and truck were under the carport and received minimal damage.  Just a few little dings from where the giant balls of ice bounced up and hit.  On the other hand, living in the boondocks combined with the distance from the closest volunteer fire station means nobody wants to cover us for home owners insurance.  So all damage to the house was out-of-pocket to repair.  It cost over $7K to have everything fixed.

Oh...and did I mention that just two months earlier in February, our well pump decided to call it quit?  So that was nearly $1K to have it pulled and replaced.

Oh...and my wife went out of work last year in July.  Right now, we are covered by insurance from our work that pays 60% of her pay.  But...we had that awesome "benefit waiting period" for 90 days aka three months with no income for her.  And I had to put her and the girls on my insurance which took an addition $107 out of my paycheck twice a month.

Oh...and the personnel department at our workplace is a bunch of incompetent dildo-heads that fucked up her insurance, telling her she would receive a bill for the difference that would be a few hundred...only to get a bill for over a grand because personnel are idiots.  So on top of the $107 extra in insurance costs when I added them to mine, I had an extra $68 withheld to "pay back" the insurance company every pay period.  That ran until the end of February this year. 

Oh...and working for the state sucks.  We haven't had a real pay raise in several years, only one cost of living raise in the last several and it doesn't look like we will get one this year. 

« Reply #10512 on: April 18, 2016, 11:25:22 am »
I'm only so worried about the car because it's my secondary vehicle and I don't want to have to go through the process of buying another car.

The house of the other hand, I'm concerned about.  My deductible is over $2k and assuming there is nothing wrong with the roof, there is no way I'm going to hit that deductible, so the things that need fixing will be entirely out of pocket.  I suppose it's a silly thing to complain about, that the damages are so minimal and that the cost is so low that it doesn't even hit our deductible, but I'm not looking forward to it regardless.  Though, the payout from the car should cover repairs for both the car and the house.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10513 on: April 18, 2016, 11:30:32 am »
My daughter isn't feel well. Puked all over the place already, and it smelled terrible, like bad cheese.
Now she just had diarrhea all over the place.

I'm both wanting to comfort her and completely grossed out by it at the same time, lol.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10514 on: April 18, 2016, 11:34:34 am »
So it seems the rumors of XBox One's demise have been exaggerated? Because now the rumor is that Microsoft is wanting to play catch-up with PS4's PS4K console release, and release something of their own. Saw IGN's latest podcast where they were speculating on what exactly this is going to be for Microsoft (update, add-on, or new console).

I'm both relieved, and worried. Relieved that my XBox One isn't already over this generation (like my Wii U mostly is), but at the same time, I hope I don't HAVE TO upgrade to get the latest games. I know I won't be getting a 4K T.V. for a long time with a new daughter and new house we just bought (and my wife is talking about upgrades on it already).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:49:52 am by burningdoom »