Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1604519 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3585 on: September 20, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »
So I have been playing Goat Simulator on my phone a lot lately and I found a glitch that allows you to visit space!  You have to be Spider Goat while using the pitching machine.  If you shoot a ball and stick your grappling tongue out at the same time the goat begins floating and you can go all the way to space, or fall outside the map and walk around!

yooooooooooooooooo
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #3586 on: September 20, 2014, 11:13:11 pm »
anyone know a good place to get started if you're someone who wants to make their own 8/16 bit game but has no coding skills what so ever?

« Reply #3587 on: September 20, 2014, 11:20:06 pm »
While the thrill of the hunt has somewhat faded since I started game hunting and collecting, one thing that has never gotten old is watching an auction on Ebay for a whole week, taking time out of your day to watch the last 10-minutes and snipe it for a pretty good price despite many other hungry buyers.

Success :)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3588 on: September 20, 2014, 11:29:08 pm »
anyone know a good place to get started if you're someone who wants to make their own 8/16 bit game but has no coding skills what so ever?

befriend someone who knows how to code

« Reply #3589 on: September 20, 2014, 11:57:25 pm »

befriend someone who knows how to code

Lol that was my initial though... but I kinda want to do this one on my own. I need to leave my mark on the world!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3590 on: September 21, 2014, 11:24:15 am »
As a fan of the Ar tonelico series, hearing that Ar no Surge is its prequel is bliss for my ears; you're an AT fan too, right KASHY?

As far as any questions regarding families + addiction, not only is there no easy answer but, IMO (as one who's seen, been affected by, dealt with, and experienced the many forms/faces of addiction from every possible side & angle)...be very wary of taking or following any advice (however well-intentioned it may be) on on-line forums & places (like & including this one)!

Well-meaning friends & posters can magnify & worsen a stranger's problems exponentially...all while wanting nothing but to be helpful.

There is NOWHERE near enough information here about your personal situation for any informed person to counsel you or advise you wisely.

PM me if you want - I know a little about such subjects & may be able to be helpful to you and/or your mother...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #3591 on: September 21, 2014, 12:10:03 pm »
So I have been playing Goat Simulator on my phone a lot lately and I found a glitch that allows you to visit space!  You have to be Spider Goat while using the pitching machine.  If you shoot a ball and stick your grappling tongue out at the same time the goat begins floating and you can go all the way to space, or fall outside the map and walk around!

So that's how people are glitching the maximum height leaderboard.

I made it into outer space and was only getting a low score.

karyann

« Reply #3592 on: September 21, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »

I was about to suggest a very good website, but it's in French... it's pretty much the only case ever where I know a learning website that's better in French haha.

If you want to make it into a smartphone game, you'll have to learn Java (for Android) or objective-C (for iOS). If you want it to be playable on a website, you'll have to first learn HTML and CSS (which make the core of a web page, it's very simple to learn), and then JavaScript (which will be used to program your game). Maybe add a layer of PHP on top, but that's totally optional imo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:16:50 pm by karyann »

abe

« Reply #3593 on: September 21, 2014, 01:29:40 pm »
Fellow Canadian VGCollectors, are any of you familiar with videogamesplus.ca and would you recommend it?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

pacpix

« Reply #3594 on: September 21, 2014, 04:39:29 pm »

So that's how people are glitching the maximum height leaderboard.

I made it into outer space and was only getting a low score.
Are you playing on mobile?  I did not see any leaderboard on the Android version.  Or is Spider Goat in the PC version and I just missed it?  Also on a complete side note I got 10 points in Flappy Goat  on Android, but it did not give me the achievement.  It is much easier with a touchscreen though considering I have never done that on PC.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #3595 on: September 21, 2014, 07:29:29 pm »
I swear...it's like night and day when it comes to video game sales clerks. Today, we stopped into two stores that had used games, movies, etc. The experiences were complete opposites. The first store was a pleasant experience. It smelled of cigarette smoke, but aside from that the staff was courteous and helpful. Yet, they were not pushy. A clerk asked me if I needed help with anything and I told him that I was looking for Suikoden V. Since he must have been a gamer, he said, "Well...I highly doubt it but let me check for you." They didn't have it, but we had a small chat about the series and that was it.

Down the street was another store. Only this time, the staff was not attentive. One wage slave was on his cellular phone the entire time. Another was talking with a customer about...well I couldn't tell what it was about but it was holding up the line. The last wage slave wasn't doing anything. I went to him to ask if they had Suikoden V. He said, "All of our PS2 games are over there." *sigh* So I looked, but then asked if he could check since things were out of order. He said, "Well...if it's not there it's not there. We have a lot of PS1 games though." I said, "...yeah I can see that..." It was like he was reluctant to help but wanted to still make a sale.

I just...GAH! People these days are so rude! Yelp is going to here about both of these places. One will get a great score, the other will get a bad score.

« Reply #3596 on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »
There are few situations more awkward than running into an exgirlfriend in public whom you haven't seen in years and the relationship ended on bad terms. Just sayin . . .

« Reply #3597 on: September 21, 2014, 10:12:25 pm »
I swear...it's like night and day when it comes to video game sales clerks. Today, we stopped into two stores that had used games, movies, etc. The experiences were complete opposites. The first store was a pleasant experience. It smelled of cigarette smoke, but aside from that the staff was courteous and helpful. Yet, they were not pushy. A clerk asked me if I needed help with anything and I told him that I was looking for Suikoden V. Since he must have been a gamer, he said, "Well...I highly doubt it but let me check for you." They didn't have it, but we had a small chat about the series and that was it.

Down the street was another store. Only this time, the staff was not attentive. One wage slave was on his cellular phone the entire time. Another was talking with a customer about...well I couldn't tell what it was about but it was holding up the line. The last wage slave wasn't doing anything. I went to him to ask if they had Suikoden V. He said, "All of our PS2 games are over there." *sigh* So I looked, but then asked if he could check since things were out of order. He said, "Well...if it's not there it's not there. We have a lot of PS1 games though." I said, "...yeah I can see that..." It was like he was reluctant to help but wanted to still make a sale.

I just...GAH! People these days are so rude! Yelp is going to here about both of these places. One will get a great score, the other will get a bad score.

As a frequent customer of various game stores and second hand media stores in my area, I know what you mean. I have a 2nd and Charles near me that I love going to; helping staff, very accommodating and helpful, and a great selection to boot. Then there is a place called Tradesmart which is owned by GoHastings. The employees are among the least helpful pieces of shit I have ever encountered, and to add insult to injury about half a dozen pouch all the decent games coming in so they can resell them. If you dare ask to see any games that may have just come in they will seriously bite your head off; one employee literally yelled at me just for asking and told me to go away, no kidding.

kashell

« Reply #3598 on: September 22, 2014, 08:48:21 am »

As a frequent customer of various game stores and second hand media stores in my area, I know what you mean. I have a 2nd and Charles near me that I love going to; helping staff, very accommodating and helpful, and a great selection to boot. Then there is a place called Tradesmart which is owned by GoHastings. The employees are among the least helpful pieces of shit I have ever encountered, and to add insult to injury about half a dozen pouch all the decent games coming in so they can resell them. If you dare ask to see any games that may have just come in they will seriously bite your head off; one employee literally yelled at me just for asking and told me to go away, no kidding.

You asked the employee if they had a game and you got yelled at because of it? Am I reading this properly?

abe

« Reply #3599 on: September 22, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »
So, I've just learned that Sony now has a compatibility list up for the Playstation TV at launch. I suppose it's to be expected that it won't support everything because of touchscreen controls and what have you, but I'm still sad to see some of my favorite stuff not on there (no Gravity Rush on my TV :'(). Hopefully some more stuff will be added (aside from just new releases) after the system launches.
Y'all can check it out here--> https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)