Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599179 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11220 on: May 31, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »
I'm not sure if it's a physical release or not, but I'm excited about getting to play it on my Vita.

desocietas

« Reply #11221 on: May 31, 2016, 02:50:54 pm »
I'm not sure if it's a physical release or not, but I'm excited about getting to play it on my Vita.

Yup, even if it ends up being an enhanced version of the mobile port, I'm glad I won't be forced to play it on a phone.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11222 on: May 31, 2016, 02:55:41 pm »

Yup, even if it ends up being an enhanced version of the mobile port, I'm glad I won't be forced to play it on a phone.

I was actually going to buy the game on the phone today.

Before I did, I wanted to look up some information on it so I did a search for the game and the news of it being brought to the Vita was the first thing that appeared.

maximo310

« Reply #11223 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:13 pm »
Today's news is actually pretty good. I've already got the LE for Ori as a preorder, and I'm  gonna get Saga 2 on the Vita as well.
My guess is that they may do a digital release of Saga 2 on the Vita( at least in the US, idk about japan), there's another tweet where the main director asks people why they wanted a physical copy if they can release it cheaper and quicker digitally.

kashell

« Reply #11224 on: May 31, 2016, 03:16:41 pm »
Today's news is actually pretty good. I've already got the LE for Ori as a preorder, and I'm  gonna get Saga 2 on the Vita as well.
My guess is that they may do a digital release of Saga 2 on the Vita( at least in the US, idk about japan), there's another tweet where the main director asks people why they wanted a physical copy if they can release it cheaper and quicker digitally.

I think it's because digital is evil and mean and ugly and stupid and I don't like it.

« Reply #11225 on: May 31, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »
Digital sucks because my wife can't get any software for her Sifteo.

maximo310

« Reply #11226 on: May 31, 2016, 03:24:43 pm »

I think it's because digital is evil and mean and ugly and stupid and I don't like it.
Haha, well said. I would at least expect Japan to get a physical copy since the Vita gets a ton of physical cart niche game relases due to popularity. I can only wait to see what the final stance on that is.
The other thing that was reported is that Saga 2 on Vita has no PSTV support, which shouldn't be too hard to get around w/ the whitelist hack.

gf78

« Reply #11227 on: May 31, 2016, 03:26:41 pm »
Digital sucks because it is basically an overpriced rental.  You will become tired of whatever game it is.  Sooner or later, you won't play it any longer.  Digital means you can't even put it on your shelf and see it among your games.  Digital means you can't trade it or loan it.  Digital means you can't sell it if you no longer want it.  Digital on day-one means you paid the same retail price for a digital fart as you would have for a pretty disc in a case. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #11228 on: May 31, 2016, 03:30:28 pm »
The other thing that was reported is that Saga 2 on Vita has no PSTV support, which shouldn't be too hard to get around w/ the whitelist hack.

Does the whitelist hack still work? Last I checked, it got patched out, but that was a while back.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #11229 on: May 31, 2016, 03:33:05 pm »

Does the whitelist hack still work? Last I checked, it got patched out, but that was a while back.
I thought it still did if you didn't update the firmware to a certain newer version ( like 3.54 or 3.6).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11230 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:34 pm »
Digital sucks because it is basically an overpriced rental.  You will become tired of whatever game it is.  Sooner or later, you won't play it any longer.  Digital means you can't even put it on your shelf and see it among your games.  Digital means you can't trade it or loan it.  Digital means you can't sell it if you no longer want it.  Digital on day-one means you paid the same retail price for a digital fart as you would have for a pretty disc in a case.

But later on, they get so cheap.  If you're OK with the digital fart to just play with for a while, Steam is amazing.

gf78

« Reply #11231 on: May 31, 2016, 03:49:08 pm »

But later on, they get so cheap.  If you're OK with the digital fart to just play with for a while, Steam is amazing.

In situations like that, I don't have a problem when the price is super cheap or free.  It just seems stupid IMO to pay $60 for a "digital game" when I can buy a pretty, physical game for the same price.  A lot of it is my collector mentality.  A lot of it is because these online storefronts could charge a helluva lot less since there is no "middle-man" (ie Walmart) that they sell to.  The money goes directly to the publisher/host/etc.  I'm sure there are fees and costs involved in a digital storefront, but you can't tell me they aren't making significantly more for a digital sale than one where they had to sell the game for half-price to a retailer. 

In addition, "Digital Collector's Editions" just make me laugh.  A collector's edition of...a digital fart.  What is there to collect?  I don't want a digital art book.  I want to have a physical art book that I can touch and flip through.  To smell the paper.  To have it look nice on my bookshelf.  But hey, to each their own.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11232 on: May 31, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »

In situations like that, I don't have a problem when the price is super cheap or free.  It just seems stupid IMO to pay $60 for a "digital game" when I can buy a pretty, physical game for the same price.  A lot of it is my collector mentality.  A lot of it is because these online storefronts could charge a helluva lot less since there is no "middle-man" (ie Walmart) that they sell to.  The money goes directly to the publisher/host/etc.  I'm sure there are fees and costs involved in a digital storefront, but you can't tell me they aren't making significantly more for a digital sale than one where they had to sell the game for half-price to a retailer. 

In addition, "Digital Collector's Editions" just make me laugh.  A collector's edition of...a digital fart.  What is there to collect?  I don't want a digital art book.  I want to have a physical art book that I can touch and flip through.  To smell the paper.  To have it look nice on my bookshelf.  But hey, to each their own.

QFT

To charge $60 for a digital release is greedy. You don't have to manufacture a damn thing, so it's a fraction of the cost.

kashell

« Reply #11233 on: June 01, 2016, 08:09:43 am »

This is how I feel.

Also, who in their right mind would pay 60 dollars for a series of letters so they can download a game? There are so many scenarios that make this sound like throwing money away.

« Reply #11234 on: June 01, 2016, 08:25:42 am »
Microtransactions.

I never understand how anyone pays for microtransactions, but I am my little brother's "guardian" for his xbox live account (even though he is an adult now), so I get emailed every time he makes any purchases on XBL, and he does the destiny and CoD microtransactions fairly often.