Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601828 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11460 on: June 25, 2016, 10:20:04 am »
Random question for you guys. How would you consider a game without an end beaten? Like Atari games/pinball games/games impossible to beat without HUGE year long time sinks like Tetris? Do you have a try limit, time limit, personalized score limit? Or is there some other method/metric you use?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #11461 on: June 25, 2016, 11:47:17 am »
For games like that, I just stop until I've had enough. For example, I'll play Kirby's Pinball Land for as little as ten minutes or up to 45 minutes. It just depends on my mood.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11462 on: June 25, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »
Well, I went to Too Many Games. Primarily, I went just to be able to say that I've been once. Overall, not bad. Not that much better than your average gaming con, aside from having a few YouTube personalities there, which is kinda cool. We listened to Mike Matei and Bootsy talk for a while and then James Rolfe popped in the door and sat down pretty much right beside us, trying to disguise himself as an audience member to the panel.

The marketplace however, was yet another eye opening experience and testament to the ever rising cost of games.  Lots of titles that used to be $20 or $30 last year and now commonly priced at double. As a the most notorious among them all continue to soar closer to and over $200, there are now a lot of new "heavy hitters" that have entered into that $50 - $80 range that you'd have never thought would make it there a few years ago. I didn't buy much, but still spent a lot of money. That's the nature of these cons.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:06:18 pm by Warmsignal »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11463 on: June 26, 2016, 12:02:14 pm »
For games like that, I just stop until I've had enough. For example, I'll play Kirby's Pinball Land for as little as ten minutes or up to 45 minutes. It just depends on my mood.

this.....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

shepard11

« Reply #11464 on: June 26, 2016, 01:19:54 pm »

this.....

I usually play Jetpack Joyride Deluxe (vita) probably about an hour a night before I go to bed. That game is so mindless but does help me settle before I sleep.

kashell

« Reply #11465 on: June 27, 2016, 08:12:19 am »
A short work week this week, and an even shorter one next week. Hellz yeah!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11466 on: June 27, 2016, 11:11:25 am »
My brother, SIL, nephew, and his inlaws are leaving for Hawaii this weds. So ill be house/dog/fish sitting from weds to July 5th....

Bringing my ps4, and seriously, getting paid to sit on my ass, playing video games. Just to watch all this stuff

Bonus points, they stocked up the fridge so i can eat, and they have AC!

So if you have ps4, add me, cause ill be pretty bored the whole time, my best friend is in Europe right now and 2 other close friends are pretty much doing the married life now.

#foreveralone ?

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #11467 on: June 27, 2016, 12:47:04 pm »
My brother, SIL, nephew, and his inlaws are leaving for Hawaii this weds. So ill be house/dog/fish sitting from weds to July 5th....

Bringing my ps4, and seriously, getting paid to sit on my ass, playing video games. Just to watch all this stuff

So if you have ps4, add me, cause ill be pretty bored the whole time, my best friend is in Europe right now and 2 other close friends are pretty much doing the married life now.

#foreveralone ?

(What's your PSN id? it's in your signature I'm stupid. I sent you a friend request!)

On a side note, you seem to be house sitting pretty often. That sounds both boring and awesome at the same time  :D Being paid to play games is the dream.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:49:25 pm by karyann »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11468 on: June 27, 2016, 01:14:40 pm »

#foreveralone ?

(What's your PSN id? it's in your signature I'm stupid. I sent you a friend request!)

On a side note, you seem to be house sitting pretty often. That sounds both boring and awesome at the same time  :D Being paid to play games is the dream.

My sister in law likes to take vacations a lot. My brother and I didnt really grow up taking vacations or going places. (my dad is a homebody). And they know ill happily go watch their house.

But her brother recently moved out to Hawaii so they are gonna go visit him. It be good for Hunter (my nephew) to see his other uncle haha.

thanks for the add, ill add you.

Maybe ill buy a new 3ds game before i go too. I currently only own new leaf, and finally played that out.

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11469 on: June 28, 2016, 09:21:34 am »
Today is (hopefully) Star Ocean V day!!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11470 on: June 28, 2016, 10:58:02 am »
I FINALLY GOT KEYS TO MY NEW HOUSE!!!! 

I'm beyond pumped.  It's going to be a good day.  The next episode of Our Parents' Basement will come from my new game room!  Game room tour and video to come!

kashell

« Reply #11471 on: June 28, 2016, 11:09:44 am »

I'm beyond pumped.  It's going to be a good day.  The next episode of Our Parents' Basement will come from my new game room!  Game room tour and video to come!

Congratulations!! You deserve it.

soera

« Reply #11472 on: June 28, 2016, 11:31:35 am »
Is there room enough for a Soera shrine?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11473 on: June 28, 2016, 11:52:55 am »

Congrats man! looking forward to seeing the tour.

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #11474 on: June 28, 2016, 12:03:49 pm »

Awesome! Congrats, I'm so happy for you  ;D