Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1604851 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12330 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:16 pm »
We keep getting NES clones and Genesis clones. And people keep flocking to them.

...when are we gonna get a Master System, TurboGrafx, or 3DO clone?

I would be all over a master system one. 3DO doesnt appeal to me and the turbo grafx better have Duo games too!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12331 on: November 21, 2016, 04:33:33 pm »
We keep getting NES clones and Genesis clones. And people keep flocking to them.

I would be all over a master system one. 3DO doesnt appeal to me and the turbo grafx better have Duo games too!

I don't think they would do as good as standalone systems. I was thinking more along the lines of the Retron 5, but with something other than the standard NES, SNES, and Genesis we normally get with clones.

Or if not that, at least something like the Classic NES that has games from various rarer systems pre-programmed in.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12332 on: November 21, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »
Major earthquake stroke off Japan coast, stay safe bros, claiming a tsunami warning.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12333 on: November 21, 2016, 05:12:03 pm »

I don't think they would do as good as standalone systems. I was thinking more along the lines of the Retron 5, but with something other than the standard NES, SNES, and Genesis we normally get with clones.

Or if not that, at least something like the Classic NES that has games from various rarer systems pre-programmed in.

I'd like to see systems with games on board. 

Turbo games are hard to find and expensive.  Master System games are scarce.  I don't need these clone systems in people's hands making it harder for me to find games. 

soera

« Reply #12334 on: November 21, 2016, 05:15:21 pm »
Thats what I meant is one with games already. Im sure I could come up with a perfect 30 game list for a Master system classic.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12335 on: November 21, 2016, 05:23:10 pm »
Thats what I meant is one with games already. Im sure I could come up with a perfect 30 game list for a Master system classic.

Just leave Alex Kidd off the list.  Those games suck

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12336 on: November 21, 2016, 06:10:17 pm »

Just leave Alex Kidd off the list.  Those games suck

That's what I thought after playing the first one.

But then I saw a review recently of Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, and that really made me want to play that game.

« Reply #12337 on: November 22, 2016, 08:17:54 am »
But... wouldn't this be the same situation as the NeoGeo X?  That didn't do too well.  I guess technically it didn't come with games, which would be a good counter point.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12338 on: November 22, 2016, 10:02:57 am »
But... wouldn't this be the same situation as the NeoGeo X?  That didn't do too well.  I guess technically it didn't come with games, which would be a good counter point.

I had a NeoGeoX. I liked it. It was fun. It had games built in and you could buy more too. Yes, it was an emulator, but what did people expect?  All new hardware? 

Too bad it disappeared in The Great Divorce of 2015.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12339 on: November 22, 2016, 01:41:54 pm »
Some guy on my local Craigslist is trying to sell his used XBox One, original model not an S model, for $550.

Now he's complaining on our local Facebook selling group that people keep harassing him about the price, and he's sick of lowballing scumbags.

LMAO!

You can get a new XBox One S, still in the box, that does 4K, for less than that. And he thinks everyone else are dicks because that's what he paid for it when he got it. "Depreciation" is a word many people don't know, apparently. Even then, was the XBox One ever $550?

Flashback2012

« Reply #12340 on: November 23, 2016, 02:00:45 am »
Some guy on my local Craigslist is trying to sell his used XBox One, original model not an S model, for $550.

Now he's complaining on our local Facebook selling group that people keep harassing him about the price, and he's sick of lowballing scumbags.

LMAO!

You can get a new XBox One S, still in the box, that does 4K, for less than that. And he thinks everyone else are dicks because that's what he paid for it when he got it. "Depreciation" is a word many people don't know, apparently. Even then, was the XBox One ever $550?

I don't remember but I don't think the system ever went over $500 at any point. I'm finding it hard to imagine it going over the $399.99 price point though it may have. Even still, the fool has to realize that a new and more powerful iteration is on the market now and it going for WELL less than what he's asking for his older machine. I paid $225 for mine with like 5 or 6 games and this was right before the price drop/Slim announcement.

No idea what your local CL listings look like but around here it's jacked-up prices across the board, scalpers/flippers galore, and hole-in-the-wall shops using CL as free advertising for their crappy game selections. Ripped label? No box or book? Ebay pricing and then some for that!  ::)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12341 on: November 23, 2016, 11:44:45 am »

I'd like to see systems with games on board. 

Turbo games are hard to find and expensive.  Master System games are scarce.  I don't need these clone systems in people's hands making it harder for me to find games.

Funny that we were just talking about this. 

maximo310

« Reply #12342 on: November 24, 2016, 02:38:52 am »
So, apparently a bunch of stores started listing the Black Friday New 3DS's at 9pm PST w/o any warning, and by the time I got home and could access the net, everywhere seems to be sold out online. I'm wondering if it worth trying to go early on Black Thursday/ Friday and try my luck in picking one up.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12343 on: November 24, 2016, 10:47:52 am »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #12344 on: November 27, 2016, 02:51:19 am »
There is going to be a huge arcade auction about 150 miles away from me on Dec 10, which also so happens to be the day I move into my new place, which also so happens to be the reason I currently have no money to buy anything from said arcade auction even if I could attend!!!

FML.....