Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606762 times)

azure

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13305 on: July 13, 2017, 12:23:48 pm »
Which is worse?

People who complain about games they have never played, or people who try to give advice on games that they never played?
Advice or backseat gaming in general is usually worse but... Someone who complains or tries to be critical with something they haven't even played gets under my skin more personally I would say.

« Reply #13306 on: July 13, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »
Which is worse?

People who complain about games they have never played, or people who try to give advice on games that they never played?
Advice or backseat gaming in general is usually worse but... Someone who complains or tries to be critical with something they haven't even played gets under my skin more personally I would say.
The only time that gets to me is when they are completely wrong.  Like someone describing Twilight Princess as a Barbie Dress Up/Dating Sim game.

Yes, this has happened.  Not joking.  Guy was the President of a college Video Game/Anime club.

azure

« Reply #13307 on: July 13, 2017, 12:33:26 pm »
Which is worse?

The only time that gets to me is when they are completely wrong.  Like someone describing Twilight Princess as a Barbie Dress Up/Dating Sim game.

Yes, this has happened.  Not joking.  Guy was the President of a college Video Game/Anime club.
Damn how uninformed can you be, Zelda is so popular too. Not sure what that says for the club  :P

soera

« Reply #13308 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:38 pm »
But ... but ... Barbie is popular too!  :P

And yeah, Id say advice too. I would especially hate to get advice about a game I havent ever played saying "oh its great, you will love it, etc" and it turns out to be a flop.

kashell

« Reply #13309 on: July 13, 2017, 12:44:19 pm »

Woooooooow. I'm not sure whether to laugh at him or shake him until he realizes his buffoonery.

Anyways, there's this jackwagon on another board who gives awful "advice" for games he's already played, but then he has the audacity to give the same level of "advice" for games he hasn't even touched. It's...obnoxious.

« Reply #13310 on: July 13, 2017, 12:53:52 pm »
My wife and I still make jokes about it to this day.

maximo310

« Reply #13311 on: July 13, 2017, 02:39:21 pm »
Probably the ones who give "advice" or try to act like the big expert about a particular subset of games.

There is one guy I know who thinks that he should be a revered figure of the stg community because he played a bullet hell that has very little interest or competition( due to this version only being offered as a pre-order bonus for the base game's release on the 360).
 Due to this he makes numerous comments about other games in the genre are not good & easy( due to one crappy list), and the only ones worth playing are the modern bullet hells bc according to him, pre rendered and flashy 3d is the only thing that matters :p.

Due to this, its no surprise that nobody places any meaning on his opinions anymore.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13312 on: July 13, 2017, 03:17:53 pm »
Which is worse?

Advice for sure.  Nothing makes my ass itch (other than loose ends/not having a plan) like folks talking about something they know nothing about. 

telly

« Reply #13313 on: July 13, 2017, 05:16:34 pm »
Does anyone know of a good site to view gamertags for 360 and One achievements similarly to PSN profiles? I can't find one that doesn't just show 360...
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #13314 on: July 13, 2017, 05:22:02 pm »
Which is worse?

Depending on how the advice is framed and how much I know about the game, I think the complaining is worse.
If I'm playing a new game and trying to figure something out, I don't mind if someone is also mildly trying to figure it out, too. Like things like "hmm, do you have a journal?" or "was there a town you missed?" But if it's straight backseating like "you missed that" and "no, you shouldn't play that - I heard it's stupid. play something else" - that's not wanted at all.

I'm tired of folks complaining about games they've never played or haven't even come out yet. Like don't poo-poo on something that other people might be interested in. Don't make them feel bad about being interested in something you're not, y'know? We don't need more negativity in the gaming world.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13315 on: July 13, 2017, 05:22:41 pm »
I use exophase, they do Steam, PSN, and XBL.  You can choose to do just one, two, or all three... though I've never seen all 3 work at the same time.

I don't know if it has what you want though.

telly

« Reply #13316 on: July 13, 2017, 05:24:55 pm »
I guess I just like seeing the achievements on games I've played and what ones I still need to get, but I can't seem to find that service for xbox yet. Does that make sense? Haha
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #13317 on: July 13, 2017, 05:46:07 pm »
I guess I just like seeing the achievements on games I've played and what ones I still need to get, but I can't seem to find that service for xbox yet. Does that make sense? Haha
Maybe check out this site Telly, may be similar to what you want not sure.

https://www.mygamerprofile.net/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13318 on: July 13, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »
Which is worse?

Advice for sure.  Nothing makes my ass itch (other than loose ends/not having a plan) like folks talking about something they know nothing about.

Remember the Jay & Silent Bob movie?

This conversation reminded me of this scene, lol

pzeke

« Reply #13319 on: July 13, 2017, 07:47:32 pm »
Snootchie bootchies!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!