Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564097 times)

jcalder8

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2012, 12:27:16 am »
Even at over 2100 games I am not even close to being a hoarder, I think I would have to be living in a one bedroom apartment to come close to being buried by games. They are just too small.

When the day comes where I can't get to all my games I will start to sell without a doubt..... I mean if the day comes.... IF :D

vancha

« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2012, 02:58:44 pm »
I fully expect to see one of our users on an episode of Hoarders. Who will it be?

Is that some kind of showon youtube or the US? Never heard of it before

scott

« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2012, 03:10:57 pm »
Its a US TV show on, I think, Discovery Channel about people with obscenely large collections of stuff. Its kind of disgusting, especially this one episode where this lady had a ton of cats. There was crap everywhere and they found a couple dead ones. I can't imagine the stench.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2012, 07:48:50 pm »
Its a US TV show on, I think, Discovery Channel about people with obscenely large collections of stuff. Its kind of disgusting, especially this one episode where this lady had a ton of cats. There was crap everywhere and they found a couple dead ones. I can't imagine the stench.

I can. I'm friends with soera. He always smells like dead cats.

soera

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2012, 10:17:24 pm »
Nothing wrong with the smell of dead cats. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2012, 05:48:38 pm »
Random bit of lunacy!

Just picked up a few things at my local pawn shop.

I saw a copy of DQ IV *SEALED* (also graded at an 80 -and- in a grading-case)...and asked to look at it...

...Imagine my surprise when I saw the $6,000.00 price-tag O.o

I think it may well be the most expensive game I've touched!

Is this like a fucking "Holy Grail" game or something - or just inflated pricing from/for the grading?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2012, 05:51:48 pm »
just inflated pricing from/for the grading?!

This. It's often considered the best game in the NES era of the Dragon Quest series. And it's, I think, the most spendy title of the 4. But, like all graded games, people think that a plastic box = gold. Another case of graded game retardation.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »
just inflated pricing from/for the grading?!

This. It's often considered the best game in the NES era of the Dragon Quest series. And it's, I think, the most spendy title of the 4. But, like all graded games, people think that a plastic box = gold. Another case of graded game retardation.

Figured...

I know nothing about this grading, really - is an "80" even a great score?

soera

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2012, 06:11:30 pm »
An 80 is actually an average grade. 70 is probably the lowest acceptable and 95 is the highest I have seen. That price is absurd though. Ive seen sealed copies of DWIV price for half that and not sell.

soera

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2012, 06:13:45 pm »
Hrmm, this could very well be the same game (This is around where you live, right?) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Warrior-IV-Nintendo-1992-VGA-Graded-80-NEW-SEALED-LOOK-BUY-IT-NOW-/380521535199?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5898d9d6df

If it is, then they are jacking up the price big time at your store.

pacpix

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2012, 06:25:07 pm »

Saw this one on Nintendo Age a while ago.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2012, 07:54:14 pm »
That is honestly an exception to the rule. He sent that game in specifically for that goofy grade. That is his prized possession right now. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2012, 08:28:05 am »
Hrmm, this could very well be the same game (This is around where you live, right?) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Warrior-IV-Nintendo-1992-VGA-Graded-80-NEW-SEALED-LOOK-BUY-IT-NOW-/380521535199?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5898d9d6df

If it is, then they are jacking up the price big time at your store.

Hah - yeah...that was in my hand less than a day ago :P

You're right - it's the same store (they sell on-line, too).

Is that $1,999.99 what you can buy it for...or...is that just where they're starting the bidding?

(Never bought/sold on E-Bay...not really sure how, exactly, it works:)

Anyone wanna' take a stab at how much the store bought it for??

And, yeah...they always highly inflate their display price-tags (leaving lots of room for negotiating (I'm better at it than they are XD) & for "tricking" people into thinking that they're leaving w/ a steal if they walk out w/ the game, for say, 1/2 of the tag amount)...

Oh.  And yep - that's my main "pawn-shop" (about 20 min. drive) -but- they've got branches all over the state.

EDIT:

If anyone feels like looking through their other games/systems and wants anything from them...I could help w/ calling, negotiating, picking-up, shipping, etc. for the rest of ya'...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:35:24 am by disgaeniac »

soera

« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2012, 10:14:25 am »
The $1999 is the buy it now price. Which, honestly, is the price I think the game would actually list for in normal circumstances. While I know people dont like sealed/VGA games, Ive considered making my whole DW collection sealed but its the price for DW III and IV (NES ones) that are killing my chances of doing it. If I had a decent amount of disposable income, I would be picking that one up though.

scott

« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2012, 10:20:10 am »
Just saw that GameStop now as a "exclusive" pre-order bonus for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. It's a super cheesy clear 3DS armor w/ themed decals? Not the greatest bonus ever given in the Castlevania series.. but I'll take it.