Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1529911 times)

htimreimer

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1350 on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:03 am »
what the fuck is this thing?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1351 on: January 10, 2014, 09:57:08 am »
Nicely done, KIMIMI!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #1352 on: January 10, 2014, 09:59:15 am »

I think we should stop going further down the rabbit hole already lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #1353 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:04 am »
Thank you everyone for the kind words, I'm pretty chuffed myself! If you do get to read it I do hope you like it :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1354 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »
"chuffed"

What a cute word...how could anyone *NOT* like someone who says that they're "chuffed"?!

Love it  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #1355 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »

Haha, that reminds me of the camera gremlin episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1356 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »
@ ERIK (and/or anyone else here who's pretty tech-savvy & knowledgeable about computer/tech-related subjects) -

Alriiiighty, then...I'm confused  :o

My 'understanding' was that, this gen, it would/should be easier for games to be programmed (*Especially* on the PS4 due to the PS3's "Cell Architecture") because the PS4 (and Xbone) were going to be more "CPU-Like".

So, what's got me confused is this following link:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/09/amount-work-next-gen-eight-ten-times-greater-says-capcom/

Are they full of shit, or what?!

How can becoming more CPU-like cause it to be eight to ten times more difficult to program for?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any answers, replies or explanations  ;D

« Reply #1357 on: January 12, 2014, 04:17:27 am »
Would this be the place to vent? if not please feel free to move this. I'm just kinda pissed at myself and needed to get it out somewhere since my wife doesnt really care abut my collection.

I've been looking for some new shelving for my growing collection and after seeing some pictures on here and other collecting sites I decided to go with two Sauder Multimedia Storage Towers. I found them on amazon earlier this week for 29.99 with free shipping via prime. I decided to put it off till i got paid this friday and when i went to go make the purchase they were listed at 49.99. I contacted customer service to see if they could do anything and they told me the researched the price history and it was never listed for $30. it had always been $50. I know for a fact they were 30. i specifically budgeted for two of them at the price.

Now when you look them up, they are only being sold by a 3rd party for 36 + 28 for shipping.....

Im just kind of pissed at myself for not buying them right away.... now i dont know what im going to do for new shelving. sorry for ranting and thank you for letting me waste your time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1358 on: January 12, 2014, 09:25:38 am »
Would this be the place to vent? if not please feel free to move this. I'm just kinda pissed at myself and needed to get it out somewhere since my wife doesnt really care abut my collection.

I've been looking for some new shelving for my growing collection and after seeing some pictures on here and other collecting sites I decided to go with two Sauder Multimedia Storage Towers. I found them on amazon earlier this week for 29.99 with free shipping via prime. I decided to put it off till i got paid this friday and when i went to go make the purchase they were listed at 49.99. I contacted customer service to see if they could do anything and they told me the researched the price history and it was never listed for $30. it had always been $50. I know for a fact they were 30. i specifically budgeted for two of them at the price.

Now when you look them up, they are only being sold by a 3rd party for 36 + 28 for shipping.....

Im just kind of pissed at myself for not buying them right away.... now i dont know what im going to do for new shelving. sorry for ranting and thank you for letting me waste your time.

You're good - anything goes here  ;D

« Reply #1359 on: January 12, 2014, 11:07:47 am »

This has happened with me before as well. Forgot what the item was, but I remember putting it in my cart and several minutes later when I went to check out the price had nearly doubled. I was like WTF! Needless to say, I ended up passing on the item. I think that sellers have the ability to see if people have items in their cart, and in an attempt to pull a fast one they up the price to try and catch people off guard. Or maybe I'm just paranoid lol, but I have experienced this myself and it is very frustrating.

htimreimer

« Reply #1360 on: January 12, 2014, 04:54:00 pm »
something i learned today, commodore computers are vary well made
i opened my vic 20 up and its clean as a whistle,no dust,rust,food or any other nasty and this computer came from someone who had a family

desocietas

« Reply #1361 on: January 13, 2014, 01:41:15 am »

ugh, sorry to hear that Justin8301... Here's a handy site for the future: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Sauder-Multimedia-Storage-Cinnamon-Cherry/product/B002RRH23W?context=browse

When I see a really good price, I sometimes will check "the camel" as dealfinders will call it, to see if the price is as good as it sounds.  It does look like the price fluctuates (even today it dropped down closer to $30).  The other confusing thing about Amazon is that sometimes third-parties will be "fulfilled by Amazon" which makes it look like they're the ones selling it and offering free shipping, when they're only verifying the sale (or whatever).

But at least the Camel helps those moments when you see a price for a certain amount and swear it was there when it disappears.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1362 on: January 13, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »
Well today i woke up and started doing some searching and walmart dropped their price to 29.99 with free shipping so i Immediately jumped on them this time. Look like i will be getting some new shelves after all!!!

If anyone else is looking for some new storage get them here while they last
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-O-Sullivan-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Cinnamon-Cherry/13044874

desocietas

« Reply #1363 on: January 13, 2014, 11:51:05 pm »
Well today i woke up and started doing some searching and walmart dropped their price to 29.99 with free shipping so i Immediately jumped on them this time. Look like i will be getting some new shelves after all!!!

If anyone else is looking for some new storage get them here while they last
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-O-Sullivan-Multimedia-Storage-Tower-Cinnamon-Cherry/13044874

nice work!  glad they had them available for you :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1364 on: January 14, 2014, 02:22:42 am »
nice work!  glad they had them available for you :)

Im glad too, they are already sold out. I was surprised they went so quickly. Once They get here and I get my collection sorted out I'll make sure to throw some pics up in the gameroom thread.