Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601033 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14040 on: December 26, 2017, 08:45:20 pm »
My XBox One broke, on Christmas.  :(

I had just finished installing my new copy of Pillars of Eternity, and was about to install my new copy of Wolfenstein II. I stick it in, and it starts making this awful grinding noise. The XBox would neither give it back to me, nor would it read the disc to install the game.

I tried to completely power it down, and start it up again. No good. I then tried the manual eject, that's on the side, that I had to Google to find out even existed. That didn't work, either. I then went to GeekSquad at Best Buy...they don't repair consoles, only give you a new one if you bought a warranty. I then tried Nerds on Call, they do repair consoles...just not XBox Ones. WTF?!

So now I have a XBox One S, so I guess I upgraded, cool. Only I had to use my Christmas cash and then some to get it, which is stupid, because I would have been happy just using my launch model.

Oh, and I never did get Wolfenstein II back. I did try to crack that machine open, but once I did I saw that inside was nuts and bolts I had no idea how to get out, because I didn't have that kind of screwdriver.

« Reply #14041 on: December 27, 2017, 08:54:08 am »
I tried to completely power it down, and start it up again.
Now when you say this, do you mean the "1. Shut down. 2. unplug console.  3. Wait two minutes to see if the power brick light changed (I think) to white.  4. Plug console back in.  5. Turn console back on."?  Or do you mean you just shut it off?

X1 is weird in that unless it is disconnected for like 2 minutes straight it is technically still in a version of standby mode.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14042 on: December 27, 2017, 09:52:43 am »
I did the full shutdown in the settings menu, and I unplugged it because I had to do that in order to try the manual eject.

telly

« Reply #14043 on: December 27, 2017, 10:37:23 am »
Alright guys, I have an SNES classic, what game should I play first? I'm leaning towards either Super Metroid or Mega Man X
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14044 on: December 27, 2017, 11:59:20 am »
Alright guys, I have an SNES classic, what game should I play first? I'm leaning towards either Super Metroid or Mega Man X

Personally I think Super Metroid is the better game, but I have a soft spot for the genre ;) (they're both great games, so you can't go wrong with either - you'll get more playtime out of Super Metroid though if that influences your decision)

azure

« Reply #14045 on: December 27, 2017, 12:06:21 pm »
Argh I love both so much, I'm going to say Mega Man X though. It's the shorter of the two, then play Super Metroid.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14046 on: December 27, 2017, 12:55:54 pm »
Not only did my XBox One break, not only did I lose Wolfenstein II to the broken XBox before even playing it, but Resident Evil 7 just showed up and the case is completely shattered, in pieces. Because the seller didn't add any padding at all. No bubble wrap, not even wrapped in a plastic bag.

Luckily he is willing to refund me the cost to buy a blank replacement case on eBay.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:59:43 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14047 on: December 27, 2017, 12:56:52 pm »

Save the best for last. Play Super Metroid last.

telly

« Reply #14048 on: December 27, 2017, 04:08:49 pm »

Save the best for last. Play Super Metroid last.

Haha well I have a lot of games to play on it so that'll be a while :) The Classic has really opened up quite a few games for me that I've never even touched before. I mentioned those two, but there's also Super Mario RPG, F-Zero, Kirby Super-Star, and Yoshi's Island. Never played any of those.
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #14049 on: December 27, 2017, 04:25:06 pm »
My OG Xbox broke, on Christmas. Well, I think it did. After we lost power, it turned itself on and would not turn off. Had to unplug, plus the disc drive is now stuck.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14050 on: December 27, 2017, 04:32:48 pm »
My OG Xbox broke, on Christmas. Well, I think it did. After we lost power, it turned itself on and would not turn off. Had to unplug, plus the disc drive is now stuck.

What's with Xboxes and Christmas?!

soera

« Reply #14051 on: December 27, 2017, 07:17:19 pm »

Fixed it for you ... and the answer is obvious. Its not Playstation.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14052 on: December 27, 2017, 07:46:08 pm »

Fixed it for you ... and the answer is obvious. Its not Playstation.

Nah. I'm on my 3rd PS2, and have a dying original PS.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14053 on: December 27, 2017, 08:14:55 pm »
My OG PSX is basically dead, it can't really read discs anymore. Just skips around and freezes.

« Reply #14054 on: December 28, 2017, 08:19:06 am »
I've gone through more PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 systems than any other systems in their respective generations.  I'm on my second PS4, 4th or 5th PS3, 6th or 7th PS2, and 3rd or 4th PS1.

I've had 0 X1 systems go bad, 0 bad Wii U systems, 2 360 systems go bad, 0 bad Wii systems, 1 Xbox go bad (Which I repaired), 0 bad Gamecubes, and 1 bad N64 (Which to be fair was my brother's fault for pouring soda on it).  I've also gone through a few Sony laptops pretty quickly and quite a few Sony CRTs.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:21:02 am by ignition365 »