Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1602669 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14160 on: February 02, 2018, 10:25:58 pm »
These store owners get stuck on the mindset of "Well it's that price on ebay", not realizing that they are just shooting themselves in the foot by saying "I'm no better than the more convenient option...".  Seems like they should be trying to actually set themselves apart from Ebay abit more...

Reminds me of a game booth at a flea market that refused to sell one of those Jungle Green N64 controllers for anything less than a price they once saw on Ebay.  It was dusty, kinda dirty, had been there for awhile before I saw it, and the analog stick was busted, needing new parts, but I asked twice over like a year if they'd take like 10 bucks for it, but nah, they couldn't go below the 20 or 25 bucks on Ebay for it.  Pretty positive I could've found one in good working condition for that or less at the time.  That controller stayed there on the wall for years till they eventually shut down.

kevininja

« Reply #14161 on: February 04, 2018, 05:07:33 pm »
Welp, I just bought an original PS2. As if I needed another console to collect for  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14162 on: February 05, 2018, 06:32:05 pm »
Wal-Mart pennied out a bunch of games. I just got Kirby's Epic Yarn for 3 cents. And I know Metroid Other M and Castlevania Lord of Shadow 2 (Xbox 360) was part of it as well. Wal-Mart themselves didn't even know about it as they rung me up in shock.

Use the Brickseek website and you can look it up by upc, it will tell you price and if your local store has it in or not.

tpugmire

« Reply #14163 on: February 05, 2018, 08:21:29 pm »
I’m curious to know what else got discounted. I have those two Wii games already. Both are great games, by the way.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #14164 on: February 06, 2018, 09:11:12 am »
Looks like most of my stores got cleared out already.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14165 on: February 06, 2018, 10:23:03 pm »
Man Wolfenstein II is weird. The first 2 games were serious, dark, story-driven games. This one is hard to take seriously at times.

« Reply #14166 on: February 07, 2018, 08:18:25 am »
Looks like most of my stores got cleared out already.
Managed to get Sin & Punishment, Steel Diver, and Crosswords Plus.

Hoping to get Rhythm Heaven Fever.

arkaneer

« Reply #14167 on: February 07, 2018, 11:25:15 am »
Man Wolfenstein II is weird. The first 2 games were serious, dark, story-driven games. This one is hard to take seriously at times.

I had that same reaction...there were a couple of scenes that were supposed to be shocking, but I just laughed my head off.

Shame, because I really loved New Order and Old Blood.

« Reply #14168 on: February 07, 2018, 12:36:19 pm »
No good reason, but I decided to take a look at local offerup/CL stuff.

Guy has his "collection" listed for best offer, but he "knows it's worth $2,500-$3,500".  I, in my mind, priced it at flea market prices (meaning like 50% above retail with 3x retail for Mario and Zelda games) and still only got around $1,500.  Shame that everyone is an idiot.

rayne315

« Reply #14169 on: February 07, 2018, 03:35:24 pm »

Guy has his "collection" listed for best offer, but he "knows it's worth $2,500-$3,500".  I, in my mind, priced it at flea market prices (meaning like 50% above retail with 3x retail for Mario and Zelda games) and still only got around $1,500.  Shame that everyone is an idiot.

The fact that you saw the listing just proves that everyone is not an idiot. if they were you wouldn't have seen the listing lol.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14170 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:52 pm »

The fact that you saw the listing just proves that everyone is not an idiot. if they were you wouldn't have seen the listing lol.
Guy just posted it.  Even if it sold, it'd still be there... people are stupid and don't know how to take down listings either.

Also, poor trumps stupid in this case.

rayne315

« Reply #14171 on: February 07, 2018, 04:48:01 pm »

Guy just posted it.  Even if it sold, it'd still be there... people are stupid and don't know how to take down listings either.

Also, poor trumps stupid in this case.

lol true. on the other end of the spectrum I was looking through places where people commonly mislabel games (in craigslist) and found an arcade machine (RBI Baseball) in non-working order in the furniture section for $40 and haul away... wish I had the space, the transport, and the knowledge to fix it. not my idea of an arcade game id like to have but super cheap.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14172 on: February 12, 2018, 12:50:54 pm »
Man, my awesome find didn't work out.

My copy of Resident Evil: Gaiden (GBC) won't work. The title screen and intro loads just fine. But whenever it gets to the actual gameplay, the screen just goes blank.

I've tried the obvious: Cleaning the cart and GBA-SP. I also looked up any compatibility issues, can't seem to find anything about that.

It's just so odd. Usually if a cartridge is not working, it doesn't work at all or the screen shows up all glitchy from the the beginning.

doafan

« Reply #14173 on: February 14, 2018, 01:31:52 pm »
Minutes ago received a call from my mother telling me that an uncle just passed away early morning, he was in a rare situation where the doctors said that he was fine but he totally felt the opposite, was always in bed, depresed and without any aspiration in life, he was eating fine but never wanted to leave the bed, I seriously thinks that the damn depresion was the primary factor of his dead am not gonna say that I cried when I hear the bad new cause I know how hard can be when some one is depressed, totally lived that when was younger and totally know how it feels to be in that kinda of situation, even the idea of comitting suicide came into my mind a couple of times.

Because of my personal experiences I hate that people that believe that there is nothing left for them in life even when they are completely fine, dunno why he was depressed cause he never was alone, my grandma, my uncles and the rest of the family was always there, he was married and had a daughter am not gonna say that am not sad but am also mad because he never did anything to overcome is situation, indeed feel the loss cause this uncle when I was a kid was the one who took me to the arcades every damn weekend, even when my father never approved it, he even purchased an Atari for me when I was a kiddo so I can say that part of my gamer life is because of him, my love for the UFOs' and all the stuff that is related to the paranormal and conspirations is because and always will be because of him, he used to purchase tons of magazines of this kind which always read with a lot of joy, can only say that am gonna miss him.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14174 on: February 14, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »
Minutes ago received a call from my mother telling me that an uncle just passed away early morning, he was in a rare situation where the doctors said that he was fine but he totally felt the opposite, was always in bed, depresed and without any aspiration in life, he was eating fine but never wanted to leave the bed, I seriously thinks that the damn depresion was the primary factor of his dead am not gonna say that I cried when I hear the bad new cause I know how hard can be when some one is depressed, totally lived that when was younger and totally know how it feels to be in that kinda of situation, even the idea of comitting suicide came into my mind a couple of times.

Because of my personal experiences I hate that people that believe that there is nothing left for them in life even when they are completely fine, dunno why he was depressed cause he never was alone, my grandma, my uncles and the rest of the family was always there, he was married and had a daughter am not gonna say that am not sad but am also mad because he never did anything to overcome is situation, indeed feel the loss cause this uncle when I was a kid was the one who took me to the arcades every damn weekend, even when my father never approved it, he even purchased an Atari for me when I was a kiddo so I can say that part of my gamer life is because of him, my love for the UFOs' and all the stuff that is related to the paranormal and conspirations is because and always will be because of him, he used to purchase tons of magazines of this kind which always read with a lot of joy, can only say that am gonna miss him.

Man, I'm sorry for your loss.  It always sucks to lose someone close to us. 

As for the depression.  That shit is real.  If you've never felt it, you don't understand.  It is a real sickness that can take your life.  If anyone reading this ever feels like that, please get some help.  Reach out to anyone.  I check this website everyday.  PM me.  I'm not therapist, but I promise you I understand.  Please get some help.