Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671190 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1725 on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:57 pm »
Since you are the seller, all you should have to do is make sure he pays and you cover your ass on shipping.
I've dealt with eBay for the past seven years and I know they will not hesitate to screw me over if the guy decides to pull a chargeback on me.

The last thing I need is for them to cause my bank account to go in the red because of a scammer. They were pretty close to doing that to me a few years back. Never again.

soera

« Reply #1726 on: March 03, 2014, 07:27:12 pm »
Even if you do signature delivery? Ive only sold 2 items on Ebay so I really havent ever dealt with being a seller.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1727 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:32 pm »
Even if you do signature delivery? Ive only sold 2 items on Ebay so I really havent ever dealt with being a seller.

I've heard it go both ways, but I'm definitely not a big fan of Paypal sometimes. I used to take postal money order on Ebay, but then they changed the rules so they could bleed more money off of you. :/ I've sold since 1998 on Ebay, and it has changed quite a bit in that time, and not all for the better. Sigh~

soera

« Reply #1728 on: March 03, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »
I guess Im a good buyer then. Ive only filed a claim one time and it was a game that took almost 3 months to arrive at the house. I held out as long as I could before I would have ended up getting nothing. Do people really file crappy false claims all the time?

anruiukimi

« Reply #1729 on: March 03, 2014, 07:43:30 pm »
I guess Im a good buyer then. Ive only filed a claim one time and it was a game that took almost 3 months to arrive at the house. I held out as long as I could before I would have ended up getting nothing. Do people really file crappy false claims all the time?

I don't think it's as common as it sounds, but it does seem to be a "when it rains, it pours" type phenomenon. :/

To date, I've had one ebay item I bought never show (would have been two, one of which I escalated to an Ebay case, but it actually showed up a month and a half after it was shipped, meaning it was a PO error, and the seller had been entirely honest, so I repaid him.

As for selling, I've had two no-show Etsy orders (I send them 1st Class, so no big) and one supposedly broken Ebay item, which I didn't even fight due to the nature of the item. ::shrugs:: (35 year old amp.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:47:53 pm by anruiukimi »

soera

« Reply #1730 on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »
Apparently Sega loses the trademark to Shenmue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8596uXokRo

foxhack

« Reply #1731 on: March 03, 2014, 08:40:06 pm »
Signature delivery won't protect me from a credit card chargeback. :(

« Reply #1732 on: March 04, 2014, 02:01:52 am »
Apparently Sega loses the trademark to Shenmue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8596uXokRo

I watched this earlier and I wish I could be optimistic about Sega no longer owning the rights, but I fee this is a huge step back in terms of Shenmue 3 ever being made. I accepted a long time ago that this series would never be concluded, and this gives me even less hope :(

argyle

« Reply #1733 on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:07 am »
I think you get to a point to where even if a series WAS continued, it's been so long and things / staff / etc. have changed so much that it realistically wouldn't be the same game anymore anyway.  And Shenmue hit that point a good while back.  :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #1734 on: March 04, 2014, 03:04:16 pm »
According to Konami's rules section. I should have heard from them via DM by 12pm PST today, which would be 3pm my time... and nothing. Maybe they are just running late... they haven't announced the PS3 version's winner yet either. :\
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1735 on: March 04, 2014, 03:22:46 pm »
Anyone wanna' know what made my day today; hmm?

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/god-fate-cross-thesis-awakening-announced-playstation-3/

Well, since you asked so nicely ^^^^^^ this did!  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1736 on: March 04, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »
Holy Stinky Shit-storms, Batman!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00IOUS2DA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Seriously...W.t.F.?   :o

I mean - this only came out a few weeks ago -and- there's *ONLY* 2 new ones for sale on Amazon ==> both listed for more than 3 times what they were bought for   :-\

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez   :-X

argyle

« Reply #1737 on: March 04, 2014, 03:53:07 pm »
Anyone wanna' know what made my day today; hmm?

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/god-fate-cross-thesis-awakening-announced-playstation-3/

Well, since you asked so nicely ^^^^^^ this did!  ;D

Heh, comes out on my b-day too.   ;D  I'll have to await word of a US release now - sounds like a very interesting premise tho.  Is it an RPG, or more of a visual novel? 

And I missed out on that DanganRonpa CE.  :(  As soon as they announce preorders for the inevitable CE's of its sequel and that Fairy F game tho, I'm locking in some preorders. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1738 on: March 04, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »
sounds like a very interesting premise tho.  Is it an RPG, or more of a visual novel?

From what I understand, it's going to be very much like The Guided Fate Paradox, which was my (happy & positive) "Surprise of the Year Game"   ;D

In a nutshell, it's similar to some older-school dungeon-crawlers/"Roguelikes"...I pre-ordered it, got it on release -and- I'm *STILL* playing it  8)

Here's some reviews for you if you'd like to read a little more about the game...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/680713-the-guided-fate-paradox/critic

argyle

« Reply #1739 on: March 04, 2014, 04:12:20 pm »
Oh awesome, I hope it does get brought over then.  I picked up Guided Fate Paradox a couple months ago because I love Rogue-likes, but I haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet...  :-[

Second pre-order bonus for Drakengard 3 was announced - it's a Nier costume pack.  :)

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/04/drakengard-3-second-pre-order-bonus-and-novella-announced-shiba-video-interview-inside/