Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599435 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2205 on: May 02, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »
Any PC gamers have advice for me?    I managed to play through all of Wolfenstein 3D and enjoyed it very much; however, playing with carpel tunnel was so hard.  I could not get any of my 3 gamepads to work with that game so I had to use the mouse and/or keyboard.  Very enjoyable just a bunch of pain in my right wrist because its a bad wrist.  Anyways, any advice from any expert pc gamers?

Gamepad + XPadder or Joy2Key. Just configure the pad to use the keys the game uses. Circling might be a problem though.

90snostalga

« Reply #2206 on: May 03, 2014, 10:48:01 am »
Any PC gamers have advice for me?    I managed to play through all of Wolfenstein 3D and enjoyed it very much; however, playing with carpel tunnel was so hard.  I could not get any of my 3 gamepads to work with that game so I had to use the mouse and/or keyboard.  Very enjoyable just a bunch of pain in my right wrist because its a bad wrist.  Anyways, any advice from any expert pc gamers?

Gamepad + XPadder or Joy2Key. Just configure the pad to use the keys the game uses. Circling might be a problem though.

Excellent Thanks!   :)  I downloaded Joy2Key.  I got it working with my Microsoft Sidewinder (gameport hookup) through Windows 98.  I learned last night that my 360 controller dont even turn on even hooked up by usb on my laptop or on the actual 360 console itself so i'll need a new one.  But I'll just play Diablo via Windows 98 with the Sidewinder.  I just have to get use to the mouse movement using a d-pad.  But thanks for this Fox!   :)  Its a wonderfull tool!!!    Much appreciated

« Reply #2207 on: May 03, 2014, 11:29:42 am »
Blurgh, the Flea Market has become a barren wasteland.  Almost zero garage sale folks at all, even people I had seen there set up in a semi-permanent status were gone.  Guess I'm stuck with just thrift shops for now, maybe go back to trying garage sales again.  Too much competition in my area for it which is annoying.

karyann

« Reply #2208 on: May 03, 2014, 02:41:17 pm »
Anyone knows how to spot bootleg vs real Famicom games? I've started seeing some at flea markets and I know I have many that I want, so I'd like to get genuine games only. The carts can be pretty much any color, and there seems to exist multiple colors for one given game too, so I don't know what to start looking at apart from label print quality.  :-\

foxhack

« Reply #2209 on: May 03, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »
Anyone knows how to spot bootleg vs real Famicom games? I've started seeing some at flea markets and I know I have many that I want, so I'd like to get genuine games only. The carts can be pretty much any color, and there seems to exist multiple colors for one given game too, so I don't know what to start looking at apart from label print quality.  :-\

Bootlegs will have Chinese writing on them. The plastic the carts are made out of often feels pretty flimsy and light.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2210 on: May 03, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »
Blurgh, the Flea Market has become a barren wasteland.  Almost zero garage sale folks at all, even people I had seen there set up in a semi-permanent status were gone.  Guess I'm stuck with just thrift shops for now, maybe go back to trying garage sales again.  Too much competition in my area for it which is annoying.

I hear you, brother. But I got lucky recently. I just happened to go to the flea market again for the first time in a long time because I bored and just wanted to go do something. I hadn't gone in forever for the same reason you're saying. But then, lo and behold, a guy with a few tables spread out and full of nothing but consoles, handhelds, controllers, and games from a bunch of retro systems (all common Nintendo, Sega, and Sony stuff, but still that was an awesome find!). Not only that, but he tells me he always there on the weekends! Score! But now my wife is pregnant and we're looking to get out of our apartment and into a house. So no game shopping at the moment.

« Reply #2211 on: May 03, 2014, 05:21:07 pm »

I hear you, brother. But I got lucky recently. I just happened to go to the flea market again for the first time in a long time because I bored and just wanted to go do something. I hadn't gone in forever for the same reason you're saying. But then, lo and behold, a guy with a few tables spread out and full of nothing but consoles, handhelds, controllers, and games from a bunch of retro systems (all common Nintendo, Sega, and Sony stuff, but still that was an awesome find!). Not only that, but he tells me he always there on the weekends! Score! But now my wife is pregnant and we're looking to get out of our apartment and into a house. So no game shopping at the moment.

For where I live in Florida, basically the Spring/Summer season leads to very few folks out there for it renting tables cause the heat usually, but I keep going every Saturday because its only like 10 minutes away from where I live, so even if its a bust, nothing is lost and then I usually make a run to the three thrift shops I frequent and I'm back before like 11am lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2212 on: May 03, 2014, 05:25:57 pm »
Mid-Trip check in!  How are you fools doing?  I'm in Disney World, and I'm checking on you people. Doesn't that make you feel special?

argyle

« Reply #2213 on: May 03, 2014, 07:07:25 pm »
Mid-Trip check in!  How are you fools doing?  I'm in Disney World, and I'm checking on you people. Doesn't that make you feel special?

I'm jealous - take a ride through the giant golf ball for me!  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #2214 on: May 03, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »
Bootlegs will have Chinese writing on them. The plastic the carts are made out of often feels pretty flimsy and light.

I saw a lot of games that had a big picture all over the sticker, but the games in our database all seem to have an outline surrounding or beside the picture (like this one with a gray outline/border : http://vgcollect.com/item/54228). Is it possible that stickers with no border would always be bootlegs?

Don't forget to send me a souvenir ;)

scott

« Reply #2215 on: May 03, 2014, 07:37:28 pm »
Nooooooooooooooooo! The Retrotron: 1984 arcade cab I built for my buddy last year has been partially destroyed in a basement flood and its not just water damage, it was a backed up sewer.  :'(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2216 on: May 03, 2014, 08:50:20 pm »
This is why when I get my own place, I'll be sure to keep my collection on the 2nd story. I've heard way too many horror stories to risk it!

Also, I'm glad you're having a good time, turf! :)

foxhack

« Reply #2217 on: May 03, 2014, 10:23:01 pm »
I saw a lot of games that had a big picture all over the sticker, but the games in our database all seem to have an outline surrounding or beside the picture (like this one with a gray outline/border : http://vgcollect.com/item/54228). Is it possible that stickers with no border would always be bootlegs?

It really depends on the game and the manufacturer. Look at these two original games:

htimreimer

« Reply #2218 on: May 04, 2014, 06:04:39 am »
i love this song but i cant be the only man on this site who thinks that michelle is hot in this video

karyann

« Reply #2219 on: May 04, 2014, 07:12:34 am »

It really depends on the game and the manufacturer. Look at these two original games:

I see. I guess the best way is to see it in person and judge the quality then. Thanks guys  :D