Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1595171 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2400 on: May 30, 2014, 02:03:32 pm »
Aww man, just read this. I know how much you care about your dog so Im sure you are going through a tough time right now. Hope it gets better.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2401 on: May 30, 2014, 02:03:56 pm »
I feel your pain brother. I had a St. Bernard that I was big time tight with. That big, hairy bastard was awesome. He was a little overprotective of my wife. If someone was over he would lay in the floor between whoever and my wife. 
He's been gone 5 years.  It sucks.  I won't get another dog anytime soon because I get too attached to them.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2402 on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:46 pm »
I feel your pain brother. I had a St. Bernard that I was big time tight with. That big, hairy bastard was awesome. He was a little overprotective of my wife. If someone was over he would lay in the floor between whoever and my wife. 
He's been gone 5 years.  It sucks.  I won't get another dog anytime soon because I get too attached to them.

Yeah...you know - it was a hard decision to "replace" (what a horrid word that doesn't come close to doing justice to long-time, loyal, and unconditional companions)/get another dog after Kodiak died.

I ended up getting another puppy a few months sooner than I was planning to -and- haven't regretted it.

I decided that I'd feel better & be happier giving another dog an awesome + loving home to live in ('cause...any dog of mine fucking hits the lottery when it lands in my house; seriously, my dogs have beds/sleep in 'people' beds, a fire place (w/ a bed in front of it) + a pool & a lagoon to swim in).

The other thing that really cinched it for me is that, my 2 favorite breeds (Akitas & Rotties) so often get used as fighting dogs and live miserable lives (Heh...just like their owners would if I ever met one:) that - in a way, I feel that I'm doing a good thing since there's a good chance that at least 1 of the dogs I've had over the years didn't have to live such a shitty life because I got it before "they" did.

I don't believe that there's ever been a "bad" dog...just bad people (likely insecure little pussies) trying to live vicariously through the lives of dogs that are brave & loyal enough to do the things that they never would/could themselves.

I've lived w/ a good amount of Akitas & Rotties, and have yet to meet a bad/mean one yet...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #2403 on: May 30, 2014, 02:47:41 pm »

Yeah...you know - it was a hard decision to "replace" (what a horrid word that doesn't come close to doing justice to long-time, loyal, and unconditional companions)/get another dog after Kodiak died.

I ended up getting another puppy a few months sooner than I was planning to -and- haven't regretted it.

I decided that I'd feel better & be happier giving another dog an awesome + loving home to live in ('cause...any dog of mine fucking hits the lottery when it lands in my house; seriously, my dogs have beds/sleep in 'people' beds, a fire place (w/ a bed in front of it) + a pool & a lagoon to swim in).

The other thing that really cinched it for me is that, my 2 favorite breeds (Akitas & Rotties) so often get used as fighting dogs and live miserable lives (Heh...just like their owners would if I ever met one:) that - in a way, I feel that I'm doing a good thing since there's a good chance that at least 1 of the dogs I've had over the years didn't have to live such a shitty life because I got it before "they" did.

I don't believe that there's ever been a "bad" dog...just bad people (likely insecure little pussies) trying to live vicariously through the lives of dogs that are brave & loyal enough to do the things that they never would/could themselves.

I've lived w/ a good amount of Akitas & Rotties, and have yet to meet a bad/mean one yet...

I had a similar situation with my kitty. After my buddy Max passed away last year, I wasn't ready to go get a cat, but my girlfriend really wanted to get one and knew I was ready. I'm glad we did. I can't imagine not having my cat now. She's only 8 months now, but she's already a big part of the family. Plus we adopted her from a pretty run down home so I'm glad to provide her a loving home.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #2404 on: May 30, 2014, 02:52:01 pm »

I'm so sorry Kenny, that really sucks... But from the way you're talking, I'm pretty sure that these dogs indeed have an awesome life with you. I'm totally on your side for the "no bad dogs, only bad people" thing; they're indeed more loyal and great friends than many humans will ever be. In all honesty, I tend to love my pets more than I do people.  :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2405 on: May 30, 2014, 03:27:46 pm »
Been there Disgaeniac. 2 years ago our dog died after 17 years, so i feel your pain.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2406 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »
I'm totally on your side for the "no bad dogs, only bad people" thing; they're indeed more loyal and great friends than many humans will ever be. In all honesty, I tend to love my pets more than I do people.  :P

If we weren't already friends...you would have just made yourself a new friend with that short -but- perfect post that perfectly sums-up & describes *Exactly* how I feel & think myself  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2407 on: May 30, 2014, 03:31:16 pm »
Been there Disgaeniac. 2 years ago our dog died after 17 years, so i feel your pain.

Thanks for all of the support/comments everyone...and for reminding me why I like this place & community so much!

90snostalga

« Reply #2408 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:23 pm »

Thanks for all of the support/comments everyone...and for reminding me why I like this place & community so much!

Im sorry Disgaeniac.  We are here for you and I love you!  :)  Cant speak for anyone else loving you or not

90snostalga

« Reply #2409 on: May 30, 2014, 04:12:19 pm »
Made it to work with 3 minutes to spare. Go me!

Congrats on the Mario Kart addition!   :)  Did they give you a poster as well?

tpugmire

« Reply #2410 on: May 30, 2014, 04:23:18 pm »
Yeah, not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it just yet. It seems like kind of an odd size, not what I was expecting.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

90snostalga

« Reply #2411 on: May 30, 2014, 04:34:18 pm »
So I caught Soera delivering a pizza this afternoon down the street and I snapped a pic.  It's no wonder he does not get a tip

soera

« Reply #2412 on: May 30, 2014, 04:42:28 pm »
So I caught Soera delivering a pizza this afternoon down the street and I snapped a pic.  It's no wonder he does not get a tip

I dont even know what to say .... I dont remember the camera.

90snostalga

« Reply #2413 on: May 30, 2014, 04:53:27 pm »

I dont even know what to say .... I dont remember the camera.

Thats because I'm Aiden Pierce lol

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2414 on: May 30, 2014, 05:09:46 pm »
Anyone who Loves animals (knows just how much better friends & companions many animals make than many people do) & prays/believes in prayers...please aim some at my "Big Fella" Kuma-Ki (pic in my avvie here)...he's getting older, deterioriating, in pain, and...breaking my heart  :'(

Thank God that I've still got my little girl Shadow (female Rottie) hanging in there -but- she's getting up there in years, too...

"Kuma Ki" = "bear spirit" / "spirit of the bear" in JP (Akitas ARE JP dogs bread & used for hunting bears) + if you've ever seen the paws of an Akita...

My last Akita was "Kodiak" (and Kuma Ki carries on his spirit; hence the name).

WTF?

I'm...*leaking*?

Unidentified, salty liquids streaming down the corners of my eyes  :'(

sorry to hear that, man... I hope you both find peace.

I'm still on my first dog ever. She's only 3 now but I can't even imagine what I'll be like once she gets to that stage   :(