Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532179 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2865 on: July 18, 2014, 10:58:33 am »
Nobody saw what I did there/got the reference  :o
I'm guessing a reference to Axl Rose?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2866 on: July 18, 2014, 11:34:36 am »
Nobody saw what I did there/got the reference  :o
I'm guessing a reference to Axl Rose?

+ 5 points for getting the reference

and

+ 5 more for correcting my spelling  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2867 on: July 18, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »
Axl and Slash sound like they could've been characters from a sidescrolling beat-em up on SNES.

Axl and Slash: Tough Streets

argyle

« Reply #2868 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:53 pm »
Axl and Slash sound like they could've been characters from a sidescrolling beat-em up on SNES.

Axl and Slash: Tough Streets

Genesis, and no Slash but there's a Blaze! :P

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2869 on: July 18, 2014, 12:43:07 pm »
Oh Skate... One of the most dated characters in video game history. I remember when in-line skates were all the rage in the streets (see what I did there?)... Then Tony Hawk came and in-line skating became lame.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2870 on: July 18, 2014, 12:54:16 pm »
Oh Skate... One of the most dated characters in video game history. I remember when in-line skates were all the rage in the streets (see what I did there?)... Then Tony Hawk came and in-line skating became lame.

Roller Blades have always been lame.  Unless, you were playing Street Hockey '95!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2871 on: July 18, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »
Rollarblades were definitely cool for a time in the 90s. They were insanely popular.

scott

« Reply #2872 on: July 18, 2014, 01:38:20 pm »
I still have a pair of rollerblades... >_>
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2873 on: July 18, 2014, 01:41:05 pm »
I agree that they were always lame, but that didn't mean they weren't popular as shit in the 90s (same holds true with zubaz pants). But when skateboarding took off in the 00s, rollerblades became lame in the cultural sense as well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:44:23 pm by Bwigdahl »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2874 on: July 18, 2014, 02:36:12 pm »
I have a question.

Does anyone here know why someone pays 310€ for this NES, with zapper and 2 games?
http://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/587747-nintendo-nes-console-+-zapper-and-games-x2

Its a dutch auction site, but i have no clue why someone would pay that.

bobster

« Reply #2875 on: July 18, 2014, 02:41:12 pm »
I have a question.

Does anyone here know why someone pays 310€ for this NES, with zapper and 2 games?
http://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/587747-nintendo-nes-console-+-zapper-and-games-x2

Its a dutch auction site, but i have no clue why someone would pay that.
Could be because that's an Asian version of Tetris? I'm not sure if that's rare or not.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #2876 on: July 18, 2014, 03:48:51 pm »
All this talk about Rollerblades, reminds me of one of my most favorite cartoons as a kid.  "Rocket Power!"

I used to want to live as a character on Rocket Power so bad  :-\  It never happened  :'(  I'm now old and fat, and probably cant even skate on regular skates any more.

abe

« Reply #2877 on: July 18, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »
All this talk about Rollerblades, reminds me of one of my most favorite cartoons as a kid.  "Rocket Power!"

I used to want to live as a character on Rocket Power so bad  :-\  It never happened  :'(  I'm now old and fat, and probably cant even skate on regular skates any more.

Rocket Power was awesome! Some of the games didn't completely suck either, which is a nice bonus. I used to enjoy Rocket Power: Dream Team on the GBA, before I sold it like an idiot.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2878 on: July 19, 2014, 01:03:50 am »
So I finally obtained the last Dreamcast game on my NTSC library want list, Street Fighter III: Double Impact. However, instead of feeling very excited that I just completed my collection for my favorite console of all time, I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I was done, that's it.

My remedy was to dig deeper into the NTSC Dreamcast library and find some more gems that I didn't own. I managed to pull out 13 more titles to find. None of them are particularly valuable (with the exception of Sonic Adventure Limited Edition), but they are all cool games that I have thought about owning at one point or another.

The Journey Continues. . . . :)

argyle

« Reply #2879 on: July 19, 2014, 01:07:14 am »
So I finally obtained the last Dreamcast game on my NTSC library want list, Street Fighter III: Double Impact. However, instead of feeling very excited that I just completed my collection for my favorite console of all time, I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I was done, that's it.

My remedy was to dig deeper into the NTSC Dreamcast library and find some more gems that I didn't own. I managed to pull out 13 more titles to find. None of them are particularly valuable (with the exception of Sonic Adventure Limited Edition), but they are all cool games that I have thought about owning at one point or another.

The Journey Continues. . . . :)

So what are the other 12? :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis