Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1643972 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3660 on: September 24, 2014, 02:57:05 pm »
AFAIK no one has sold at retail a emulated games with no improvements whatsoever.

Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition on the Wii is just the SNES rom in an emulator. :p

argyle

« Reply #3661 on: September 24, 2014, 02:58:14 pm »
AFAIK no one has sold at retail a emulated games with no improvements whatsoever.

Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition on the Wii is just the SNES rom in an emulator. :p

Lol, you're right, I completely forgot about that one.  That's the reason I've left it off of my Wii wanted list & just plan on picking up the SNES cart at some point.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #3662 on: September 24, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

Lol, you're right, I completely forgot about that one.  That's the reason I've left it off of my Wii wanted list & just plan on picking up the SNES cart at some point.  ;) 
Yeah, defenitely get the SNES cart. You can probably get it for around 10 bucks or so, since it has all the game you'd be getting on the limited edition anyways. I'd only pick up the limited edition just for the booklet and the History soundtrack cd, but that's the only incentive for the wii version, and is quite pricey for the whole wii version.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3663 on: September 24, 2014, 04:00:11 pm »

The stupidest part of that is: If they were just gonna be lazy and use a ROM like that, why not at least give us the one that has Super Mario World included on it?

maximo310

« Reply #3664 on: September 24, 2014, 04:05:47 pm »

The stupidest part of that is: If they were just gonna be lazy and use a ROM like that, why not at least give us the one that has Super Mario World included on it?
It was very stupid, considering how the original Super Mario All-Stars +Super mario World was a pack in title in North America for the most part, plus its not that hard to get the rom on there( plus play for the first time a slimmer luigi). They really went cheap on that limited edition re-release, and its too bad they didn't add anything inside the game compliation.

argyle

« Reply #3665 on: September 24, 2014, 04:13:28 pm »

That's exactly what I thought the first time I played it.  ???
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

« Reply #3666 on: September 24, 2014, 05:24:55 pm »
Ar no Surge has finally arrived. The contents of the LE aren't as grand as I had hoped, but I'm glad I got it. The poster is going to be stunning once I finish framing it.

argyle

« Reply #3667 on: September 25, 2014, 12:12:42 am »
Shirt Punch! just put their new shirts for the day up (will run until about this time tomorrow night) and it was impossible for me not to immediately order this:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3668 on: September 25, 2014, 11:43:22 am »
The only good thing about being sick and staying home form work is my guilty pleasure: The Price Is Right.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3669 on: September 25, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »
The only good thing about being sick and staying home form work is my guilty pleasure: The Price Is Right.

It's not the same without Bob Barker... Especially if you're like me and hate Drew Carey lol

« Reply #3670 on: September 25, 2014, 12:49:17 pm »

It's not the same without Bob Barker... Especially if you're like me and hate Drew Carey lol

^ this

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3671 on: September 25, 2014, 12:54:10 pm »

^ this

It's not the same, but it's still good.

argyle

« Reply #3672 on: September 25, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »
I don't even have anything against Drew really, but it really isn't the same.  Too many years spent as a kid/teen watching that show w/ Bob Barker. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3673 on: September 25, 2014, 01:02:55 pm »
I don't even have anything against Drew really, but it really isn't the same.  Too many years spent as a kid/teen watching that show w/ Bob Barker.

Agreed. And Bob was a pimp. Remember the scandal he had with Bob's beauties?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3674 on: September 25, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »
Ar no Surge has finally arrived. The contents of the LE aren't as grand as I had hoped, but I'm glad I got it. The poster is going to be stunning once I finish framing it.

I just got my 2 LE's of it today.

What part(s) of the LE disappointed you?  So far, I've only listened to about 1/2 of the OST & it's pretty decent.

Have you started the game yet?  Tyler (aka Junpei) PSN-messaged me yesterday saying that:

a).  he'd played a few hours of it,

b).  that he was liking it so far,

c).  that there's already a trophy guide for it and that the plat's not bad at all (w/ no miss-able trophies), and

d).  that there's (at least!) 2 recurring characters from Both AT 1 and Cross Edge (whose identities, I will not spoil here)  ;D

I'm probably not going to have enough time to type up a reply to your last PM (not one that does it enough justice, at any rate:) until tomorrow or Saturday -but- I *DID* want to tell you that I'll be thinking about you tomorrow & wishing you the best of luck (which is, of course, clearly completely unnecessary & over-kill; since you don't need any of my luck since you *are* Da' Man...not to mention that you are, in all sooth, Cool like Dat')  ;)

So, GREG -

I take it that you would *not* count that Mario game as a "native" release since it's identical to the emulated version, right?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"