Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1647993 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3690 on: September 27, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »
Yeah, you right... I will probably still hang around here if only to live vicariously through theflea

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3691 on: September 28, 2014, 07:35:01 am »
Hey all, sorry I took an unexpected leave of absence, I spent most of the past 2 months on preparing and settling into college life. Really sorry about shelving the site.

That having been said, life is pretty good right now, and I have an unexpected amount of free time on my hands. So expect me to be around here a lot more often.

Now how's that for cosmic balance? Right after I say I'm gonna slow down, someone with similar post and collection count comes on to say he's gonna be more active... You can pick up where I left off lol

Just because you aren't buying stuff, doesn't mean you have to stay off the site.

Besides, how are we gonna enable you if you don't read our post?

true dat'

ABE - no problem  ;D

TURF - Didya get a variance to use varients as variants?  :P

I'm good at cypherin' too!  Naught + naught = 2 too, right  :o

(+5 points to the 1st to id my reference)!  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #3692 on: September 28, 2014, 09:02:24 am »
To any of you who have purchased the standard edition of Mugen Souls Z, do new copies come with a soundtrack CD as with many other games NISA has published? I was wondering if I should pick up a sealed copy soonish while it's still easy to find, or if I can hold out and not bother with it until later.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3693 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:36 am »
To any of you who have purchased the standard edition of Mugen Souls Z, do new copies come with a soundtrack CD as with many other games NISA has published? I was wondering if I should pick up a sealed copy soonish while it's still easy to find, or if I can hold out and not bother with it until later.

I've only got LE's of both Mugen Souls games, so I'm not sure but - an easy way to answer your question would be to just check out its description @ N1's on-line store...even if you end up buying it elsewhere.

PM incoming momentarily ===>

abe

« Reply #3694 on: September 28, 2014, 10:36:55 am »

I've only got LE's of both Mugen Souls games, so I'm not sure but - an easy way to answer your question would be to just check out its description @ N1's on-line store...even if you end up buying it elsewhere.

PM incoming momentarily ===>

That's a great idea. ;D I just checked and unfortunately it seems that it doesn't have a soundtrack. It's a bit disappointing, considering the standard edition of the first Mugen Souls came with a soundtrack and mini artbook. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3695 on: September 28, 2014, 10:40:16 am »
Hey all, sorry I took an unexpected leave of absence, I spent most of the past 2 months on preparing and settling into college life. Really sorry about shelving the site.

You were gone?!

:P

karyann

« Reply #3696 on: September 28, 2014, 11:17:13 am »

Very understandable :) that's always a pretty big change. As long as you don't forget about us, it's fine  ;D

« Reply #3697 on: September 28, 2014, 11:50:29 am »
You were gone?!

:P

Haha, I can understand this, I never really did post much. I pretty much stick to behind-the-scenes work, but even that I've slacked off with recently. This will assuredly change soon.

Very understandable :) that's always a pretty big change. As long as you don't forget about us, it's fine  ;D

Yeah, that and being not quite able to get any new games because of all my funds going into college >:( But it's only for another 3 years or so, after that, I'll be back into collecting 101%. ;D No reason to quit, but I have taken several large breaks so far... So hopefully this will be the last time I take a break, as I try to stick around hereon out.

« Reply #3698 on: September 28, 2014, 12:37:45 pm »
Does anyone else feel like the quality of the Game Chasers episodes has gone down recently? After the Canadian Quest episodes, I feel like the overall entertainment value of the show has taken a major hit. I mean the last two episodes have essentially been the guys rummaging through a garage/storage room of random stuff only to find several common 2600 games, a few consoles and an SNES sports title. While I understand not every episode can have them finding Little Samson, I just feel like they are churning out episodes with no real climax. What does everyone else think about this?

karyann

« Reply #3699 on: September 28, 2014, 12:39:20 pm »

Yeah, that and being not quite able to get any new games because of all my funds going into college >:( But it's only for another 3 years or so, after that, I'll be back into collecting 101%. ;D No reason to quit, but I have taken several large breaks so far... So hopefully this will be the last time I take a break, as I try to stick around hereon out.

I understand you 100%; I can't wait to be done with college too  :P I have to say, I've been buying a lot more games than I should as a student, though. But I still can't wait to get even more  ::)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3700 on: September 28, 2014, 01:04:06 pm »
just kidding there, exonerator  ;)

I remember you -and- I remember thinking that you were pretty cool; (although...I can't recall exactly *WHY* I thought that)!

Assuredly, you must have taken my side, backed me up, helped me out, and/or showed me favorable & preferential treatment w/ something, way back when...
 ;D

maximo310

« Reply #3701 on: September 28, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

I understand you 100%; I can't wait to be done with college too  :P I have to say, I've been buying a lot more games than I should as a student, though. But I still can't wait to get even more  ::)
Same here, I've been buying quite more than I thought I would since I entered college last year, mostly because of saving up from previous holidays/b-days/ piano gigs. I've just wanted to get some stuff that I'd really like for my collection, despite some of the items' cost. I've gotten a lot of flak from the family for collecting games because they see it as stupid and I should save my money for other things, but my brother and I see it as pretty worthwhile thing to do. I'm probably gonna be in college for a while though, as I'm trying to get more degrees in addition to my current one.

kashell

« Reply #3702 on: September 28, 2014, 03:37:45 pm »
Too much fun. That's the only way to describe this past weekend. We just returned from a fantastic anime con in Atlanta. I FINALLY found a copy of Suikoden V that was complete, and I found a beautiful statue of Estelle from Tales of Vesperia. The highlight of the trip was yesterday evening when I won more Tales memorabilia after winning Tales trivia. To put the icing on the cake, I was dressed as Loni Dunamis from Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one) and despite only a few people recognizing my costume, I got so much praise for it. It was a fantastic weekend of new friends, old friends, way too much money and more anime than a used DVD store. I can't wait for AWA 2015 and I'm already considering my next costume.

dark: I haven't played Ar no Surge yet. I have been out of town, but I have been playing a lot of Dangan Ronpa 2. I finished the main game, and now I am hunting for trophies. Once I'm finished with it, Ar no Surge or Suikoden V will be my next game's du jour. I'll let you know what I think!

« Reply #3703 on: September 28, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »
Too much fun. That's the only way to describe this past weekend. We just returned from a fantastic anime con in Atlanta. I FINALLY found a copy of Suikoden V that was complete, and I found a beautiful statue of Estelle from Tales of Vesperia. The highlight of the trip was yesterday evening when I won more Tales memorabilia after winning Tales trivia. To put the icing on the cake, I was dressed as Loni Dunamis from Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one) and despite only a few people recognizing my costume, I got so much praise for it. It was a fantastic weekend of new friends, old friends, way too much money and more anime than a used DVD store. I can't wait for AWA 2015 and I'm already considering my next costume.

dark: I haven't played Ar no Surge yet. I have been out of town, but I have been playing a lot of Dangan Ronpa 2. I finished the main game, and now I am hunting for trophies. Once I'm finished with it, Ar no Surge or Suikoden V will be my next game's du jour. I'll let you know what I think!

I love anime conventions. I'm going to one I have never been to this coming February, I can't wait!

foxhack

« Reply #3704 on: September 28, 2014, 04:06:11 pm »
Speaking of cons, a friend of mine went to a local one yesterday and he tweeted this picture.

http://instagram.com/p/tdy7AJRozD

I told him "I'll bring the masks and fake guns, we can go all Payday on this, just let me know." Which I might have done if only the convention center wasn't right next door to a police station. :p

Seriously though, some guy in my hometown has way too much money.