Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532754 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4500 on: November 13, 2014, 04:37:23 pm »
Quite the excessive amount of Lemonade

When it originally sells for $3.50 a bottle, you do what you must.

Are they really really really good lemonade? or was it a cheap impulse buy?

It's not the world's best lemonade, but it's the best 2L bottle I ever got for 50 cents ;p (It was an impulse buy, but I do not regret it by any means)

I think we're missing the real question here - what the heck's a "Dominion"? :o The most sinister-sounding grocery store ever??

If you go by Persona/the SMT universe, iirc, "Dominion" is one of the orders (ranks) of the Angels.  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4501 on: November 13, 2014, 04:39:57 pm »
Buuuuut guuuuuuys, it is real lemonade! :'( :'( :'(

I think we're missing the real question here - what the heck's a "Dominion"? :o The most sinister-sounding grocery store ever??

Its the Newfoundland version of Loblaws, and it's actually a reeeeeally good place to shop. They're pretty tall glass buildings, and it's a nice place to shop at night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Stores_(Newfoundland)

argyle

« Reply #4502 on: November 13, 2014, 04:44:34 pm »

Its the Newfoundland version of Loblaws, and it's actually a reeeeeally good place to shop. They're pretty tall glass buildings, and it's a nice place to shop at night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Stores_(Newfoundland)

Ahhh, gotcha. It *does* look pretty sinister tho...

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #4503 on: November 13, 2014, 04:47:49 pm »

Okay, What is this Loblaws you speak of?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4504 on: November 13, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »

Hahaha, indeed it does!

For some reason, I'm thinking that the word "Scientology", on the same building & w/ the exact same lettering...would be looking pretty 'at home' there  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4505 on: November 13, 2014, 04:56:23 pm »

Yarr, gather round, lads. For here be a tale from the bitter North. If ye trek deep in the barren land of Canada, ye shall find a scatter few shoppes where tea leaves, spices, and silk can be traded for nary a few shillings! But abandon all hope ye who enter here, for the frigid temperatures and savage land-bears almost make the savings not worth the effort, yarrrr!

it's just a line of pretty good grocery stores in canada

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4506 on: November 13, 2014, 04:58:08 pm »

Yarr, gather round, lads. For here be a tale from the bitter North. If ye trek deep in the barren land of Canada, ye shall find a scatter few shoppes where tea leaves, spices, and silk can be traded for nary a few shillings! But abandon all hope ye who enter here, for the frigid temperatures and savage land-bears almost make the savings not worth the effort, yarrrr!

it's just a line of pretty good grocery stores in canada

That was fun to read.

« Reply #4507 on: November 13, 2014, 04:59:35 pm »
That was fun to read.

It's better when you read it in a raspy pirate accent. Or as I like to call it, "the local dialect".

argyle

« Reply #4508 on: November 13, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »

Hahaha, indeed it does!

For some reason, I'm thinking that the word "Scientology", on the same building & w/ the exact same lettering...would be looking pretty 'at home' there  :o

Yup, that or "Dharma".  :o :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4509 on: November 13, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »
That was fun to read.

It's better when you read it in a raspy pirate accent. Or as I like to call it, "the local dialect".

I did.  I'm fluent in the language of the sea folk.

davifus

« Reply #4510 on: November 13, 2014, 05:19:19 pm »

Looks likes a Northface Spinoff

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4511 on: November 13, 2014, 06:11:36 pm »
PS3 is region free, isn't it?

davifus

« Reply #4512 on: November 13, 2014, 06:28:24 pm »
Yes, tuff

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4513 on: November 13, 2014, 06:53:39 pm »
I thought so.  You gotta double check yourself sometimes.

karyann

« Reply #4514 on: November 13, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »
Soooooooo... Digimon All-Star Rumble isn't all that great. Quite the disappointment  :( Every action feel sluggish, and it's impossible to dodge. You can defend, but only after your awfully long previous action is complete... Let's say that I recommend getting Smash Bros instead  :P