Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517132 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4530 on: November 14, 2014, 02:09:08 pm »
I guess this is one of those incidents where you have to remember that there are three sides to every story: hers, theirs and the truth. On the one hand, she seems like a human slug that would do anything for profit. On the other hand, the Internet is plagued with morons who lack the balls to say things outside of a computer screen.

I sort of remember that topic on RPG:EE. I'm more interested in who the idiots are that caused kimi to close her account.

Definitely with ya on the 3-sides thing!

iirc, TEJ (who, btw - I just deleted from my PSN friends list, because - he just never contributes anything positive or meaningful to it) was a large contributor to her leaving --but-- blaming it entirely on him wouldn't really be fair, either since it was more like...too many disrespectful & ignorant posts, made by too many ignorant & disrespectful people had a cumulative effect on her  >:(

exonerator -

you're late to this party too!

the whole gamergate thing was already brought up & discussed here  :o

It had a (deservedly:) short lifespan  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4531 on: November 14, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »
When the hell did it become a "hashtag" anyways? It's a pound sign!

davifus

« Reply #4532 on: November 14, 2014, 02:11:01 pm »
I'm not even sure what #Gamergate is and I have never hash-tagged anything in my life.

Fixed it
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4533 on: November 14, 2014, 02:12:32 pm »
I'm not even sure what Gamergate is and I have never hash-tagged anything in my life.

;D

That's funny!

When that 'someone from M$ hash-tag thing' was going around...I had to google hash-tag, just to know wtf was being talked about.

Gaming - the only subject where my ignorance of many things, often makes me feel smarter  :P

« Reply #4534 on: November 14, 2014, 02:19:03 pm »
exonerator -

you're late to this party too!

the whole gamergate thing was already brought up & discussed here  :o

It had a (deservedly:) short lifespan  ;)
Ahh, I have trouble keeping up on this thread sometimes :p At least it was short, haha.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4535 on: November 14, 2014, 02:28:30 pm »
At least it was short, haha.

That's what she said.  ;D

kashell

« Reply #4536 on: November 14, 2014, 02:28:57 pm »

THANK YOU!!! Good goddess on high, THANK YOU!!! That's what I have been saying since the advent of this stupid trend.

« Reply #4537 on: November 14, 2014, 02:47:03 pm »

THANK YOU!!! Good goddess on high, THANK YOU!!! That's what I have been saying since the advent of this stupid trend.

I still call it pound, because that's what that symbol has been taught to me as; a pound sign. :P If Facebook called an ampersand a "squigglething", I'd still call it an ampersand ;D

foxhack

« Reply #4538 on: November 14, 2014, 02:51:11 pm »
Lies, it's all about Tic Tac Toe!

« Reply #4539 on: November 14, 2014, 03:09:27 pm »
Lies, it's all about Tic Tac Toe!

So that's what the teens are saying these days... "Tic Tac Toe Yolo"... It all makes sense now!

kashell

« Reply #4540 on: November 14, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »
Facebook is a cesspool of filth and mistrust. I still wonder why I have an account. Sure, seeing happy news from my close friends is good, but the majority of the time I see terrible ads and people who I never talk to requesting me to play some cheap browser game.

I'm pretty sure dark knows this, but I grew up in the horribly cold and impoverishedlovely city of Cleveland, OH. I used to listen to a radio show called Rover's Morning Glory every morning on the way to work and then during the day. Today, I learned that one of the show's former producers lost a loved one (a six week old infant...sheesh) in a terrible car accident. I just got finished listening to the interview about what happened and the status of the rest of his family. This is one of those situations where I have to touch base with family members and friends whom I cherish because accidents can happen in a flash.

To this board (and especially dark since he's been a great sounding board/confidant/friend) I want to just say how much I appreciate everyone and how lovely it was that I got welcomed to this great community without a second thought.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4541 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »
Facebook is only a "cesspool of filth and mistrust" if you stay in contact with those kind of people.

I love Facebook. I'm a member of a bunch of comic book, video game, metal, and geek groups that are full of great people that share my passions. I know more geek friends through Facebook then I ever met in real life.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4542 on: November 14, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »
The only reason I even have a facebook is because I have a few good friends outside the country I enjoy talking too.

Otherwise I doubt I would have one..... I still have people trying to get me to sign up for twitter and instgram.... God knows why......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4543 on: November 15, 2014, 07:22:18 am »
Facebook is a cesspool of filth and mistrust. I still wonder why I have an account. Sure, seeing happy news from my close friends is good, but the majority of the time I see terrible ads and people who I never talk to requesting me to play some cheap browser game.

I'm pretty sure dark knows this, but I grew up in the horribly cold and impoverishedlovely city of Cleveland, OH. I used to listen to a radio show called Rover's Morning Glory every morning on the way to work and then during the day. Today, I learned that one of the show's former producers lost a loved one (a six week old infant...sheesh) in a terrible car accident. I just got finished listening to the interview about what happened and the status of the rest of his family. This is one of those situations where I have to touch base with family members and friends whom I cherish because accidents can happen in a flash.

To this board (and especially dark since he's been a great sounding board/confidant/friend) I want to just say how much I appreciate everyone and how lovely it was that I got welcomed to this great community without a second thought.

Yeah, I've known & been friends w/ Kash for years before finding VGC.  Always saddened by your sadness & always here for you, friend  ;D

Me?

I'm just anti-social (media), I guess...I don't hate Facebooks and/or people who use them - but, between real life, real life problems & situations, a real g/f...who has real claims & expectations on some of my time & affection/attention, pets, a house, pool, cars, etc to upkeep, gaming, gaming-related sites, and a fast-approaching holiday season; including all of the family commitments, visitors, & guests (wanted or otherwise:) that are a part of all of my holiday seasons, the last thing I want/need is more things that take time away from the above.

I don't need to go to or use Facebooks to know that they haven't cornered the market on internet "cesspools, mistrust", etc.

The nature of millions of anonymous people, of all ages, in a consequence-free forum, to say & do wtf they want to, IMO, *breeds* & is bound to bring out the very worst that human nature has to offer...

...it's also how I've met the soeras, kashells, argyles, and VGC communities that I've grown ever so fond of  ;)

IMO, it's worth wading through a lot of shit...to find the few diamonds  :P

kashell

« Reply #4544 on: November 15, 2014, 09:05:56 am »
There's a review up for Tears to Tiara on GameFAQs.com.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/620232-tears-to-tiara-ii-heir-of-the-overlord/reviews/review-159375

This user sometimes asks me for input on how to write a good review and/or feedback on things he's previously created. I didn't read the review yet, but based on the tag line I'm not sure if it'll be reputable. My guess is he just wanted be the first to write one for the game.