Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1661488 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6135 on: February 20, 2015, 04:52:45 pm »
does Ninty (Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii-U...whatever)

have any kind of equivalent to Sony's trophies/M$' achievements?

also - just got a Wii-U ;D

my understanding is that it's b/c and will play Wii games (making the b/c Wii that I bought - and haven't even once - connected and/or tried it out/used it) from soera, well...redundant; right?

next up: since I didn't originally plan on getting a Wii-U (heh, even with 'found' / 'given' money - I *still* have no interest in an XBO :P )

i'm pretty much in the...

...dark,

as it were ;)

concerning its current, coming soon, and/or announced & confirmed game library -

what is there/is there coming for the system, in the way of RPGs?

Wii U is compatible with all Wii games/peripherals as far as I know. The only reason I even have my Wii around is to serve as the only internet capable system for my CRT room setup (which is moot right now since everything is in the same room, lol) and I also use my wii as my gamecube just to save on *some* of the clutter with all my systems. It's actually pretty sparse on RPGs, only ones I can really think of off the top of my head are Monster Hunter and Xenoblade Chronicles (which isn't out yet)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6136 on: February 20, 2015, 06:13:50 pm »

my understanding is that it's b/c and will play Wii games (making the b/c Wii that I bought - and haven't even once - connected and/or tried it out/used it) from soera, well...redundant; right?

next up: since I didn't originally plan on getting a Wii-U (heh, even with 'found' / 'given' money - I *still* have no interest in an XBO :P )

...dark,

as it were ;)

concerning its current, coming soon, and/or announced & confirmed game library -

Not really any sort of achievements/trophies for Nintendo. There are certain games that have kind of goals that you can post that you accomplished on min verse or unlock something in the game (smash bros) but no real bragging rights you can compare to other people.

The backwards Wii is still technically a gamecube and component cables are cheaper for the Wii than the gamecube so there's that

As far as RPG'S off the top of my head
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X

Download only
Pier Solar
Child of Light
and a bunch of virtual console ones including Fire Emblem, Earthbound,

Quick question that I hope someone here can answer for me before I leave work today:

Can I add some arbitrary amount to my Nintendo eShop account from my debit card like say $22.96? Or does it have to be in $10, $20, and $50 amounts only?

The answer that question will decide if I need to go to GameStop to pick up an eShop point card after work, or not.

Thanks in advance. :)

You can't really add an odd amount but you can always choose pay remainder with card and pay for a game like that which just charges the amount you need for the transaction. Can't buy multiple games at once though each is separate.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6137 on: February 20, 2015, 07:33:43 pm »
Sold a game on eBay. It's been only 9 days, and we had a holiday weekend, and the buyer is placing a dispute on me for the item not arriving. And without ever trying to even contact me first.

Freaking impatient people. I hope eBay doesn't give them an automatic refund. I'm sure the mail is just a little slow due to the holiday weekend and weather.

Pretty sure mail didn't even run yesterday here on the east coast. So much for rain, sleet, or snow. But that is some pretty abysmal service from the USPS. If it's within the US, in 9 business days there's really no good excuse. Especially if you bought first class.

It's actually 6 business days, since it went through 2 Sundays and President's Day.

I've had things take 2-3 weeks to arrive, plenty of times, though. I think even if it was 9 days, that's too soon to start a dispute case, ESPECIALLY since the guy never bothered to message me first.

So I went to the post office and was given a print-out showing it was delivered to the given address (which I double-checked) at 1:29 pm on 2/13/15.

I sent a message telling the buyer that, and sent him an email with pics of the print-out showing it.

Except now, the buyer is silent. Not saying a word in response, when he had no problem communicating with me beforehand.

Anyone been in a situation like that? What should I do?

desocietas

« Reply #6138 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:37 pm »
Sold a game on eBay. It's been only 9 days, and we had a holiday weekend, and the buyer is placing a dispute on me for the item not arriving. And without ever trying to even contact me first.

Freaking impatient people. I hope eBay doesn't give them an automatic refund. I'm sure the mail is just a little slow due to the holiday weekend and weather.

Pretty sure mail didn't even run yesterday here on the east coast. So much for rain, sleet, or snow. But that is some pretty abysmal service from the USPS. If it's within the US, in 9 business days there's really no good excuse. Especially if you bought first class.

It's actually 6 business days, since it went through 2 Sundays and President's Day.

I've had things take 2-3 weeks to arrive, plenty of times, though. I think even if it was 9 days, that's too soon to start a dispute case, ESPECIALLY since the guy never bothered to message me first.

So I went to the post office and was given a print-out showing it was delivered to the given address (which I double-checked) at 1:29 pm on 2/13/15.

I sent a message telling the buyer that, and sent him an email with pics of the print-out showing it.

Except now, the buyer is silent. Not saying a word in response, when he had no problem communicating with me beforehand.

They might be deciding to wait a few more days to see if it arrives.  Hopefully it does.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #6139 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »

If he opened a dispute against you, add a scan or picture of the printout - and the tracking number, of course - to the case as evidence that the item has been delivered. An eBay rep should eventually look at it and close this in your favor.

Unless they pull the "this item was not signed for therefore D/C is irrelevant" BS on you, this should get rid of the case.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6140 on: February 20, 2015, 08:31:05 pm »

If he opened a dispute against you, add a scan or picture of the printout - and the tracking number, of course - to the case as evidence that the item has been delivered. An eBay rep should eventually look at it and close this in your favor.

Unless they pull the "this item was not signed for therefore D/C is irrelevant" BS on you, this should get rid of the case.

There is no where in the dispute messaging system that allows me to add pics or upload files, which is why I emailed him the pics. But I was sure to mention that I still have the paperwork and sent him pics in the dispute system.

foxhack

« Reply #6141 on: February 20, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »
There is no where in the dispute messaging system that allows me to add pics or upload files, which is why I emailed him the pics. But I was sure to mention that I still have the paperwork and sent him pics in the dispute system.

... what.

There used to be an option in the dispute where you could add proof of shipping and other documents the last time I had to do this. Did eBay become even more ass-backwards?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6142 on: February 20, 2015, 08:48:16 pm »

... what.

There used to be an option in the dispute where you could add proof of shipping and other documents the last time I had to do this. Did eBay become even more ass-backwards?

You can add tracking info, but no pics or files.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6143 on: February 20, 2015, 08:55:47 pm »
No problem, now. Just got the message that it was closed in my favor.

foxhack

« Reply #6144 on: February 20, 2015, 08:55:47 pm »
This is from two years ago, but this is how I did it.

Edit: Woohoo for you!

karyann

« Reply #6145 on: February 20, 2015, 10:58:50 pm »
They'll probably put out a 2nd edition of the console down the road that will address this, though.

They are selling a bigger-capacity battery, if you want to correct the problem already :)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6146 on: February 20, 2015, 11:27:29 pm »
Instead of achievements or trophies the main way to show your accomplishments is by screenshot posts in the community pages (miiverse). Some games do offer things such as stamps to collect and use in your miiverse posts.

I was concerned at first that Nintendo didn't have an equivalent to Microsoft's greatest addition to gaming, but soon found it was a breath of fresh air seeing Nintendo's approach.

...dark,

as it were ;)

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6147 on: February 21, 2015, 10:02:18 am »
most of you already know about (what is now) part one of my rant & dissatisfaction with CoH2G.

the more i think about it + the longer my posts are ignored, add up to one pissed off Kenny  >:(

One pissed off Kenny wrote a 2nd part (admittedly, while pissed) and is wondering...

...how much of this is overkill and/or unfair?

I *did* try for impartiality  ;)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995396-class-of-heroes-2g/71238106#3

it's post #3

thoughts?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6148 on: February 21, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »
How is everyones weekend going so far?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #6149 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:32 pm »
Brace yourselves, rant incoming.

What the hell is wrong with freaking Nintendo of America?  >:(
Excerpt from a recent interview (full interview here http://waa.ai/4rNS)

Did you expect the blowback from not releasing the New 3DS with face plates in North America?
Yeah (laughs). Look, the face plates are super cool, but we're a different market. And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems. Before, there was a very limited difference between the 3DS and 3DS XL: other than size. It was the same resolution, same functionality... now, there's the 2DS, 3DS, and New 3DS XL, all of which have their own functionality and features. The different price points give it a clear message for consumers. The core audience... we weren't going to win with them on that decision. But we had to think about expanding the user base, we had to be able to market it and make it easy to pick up for consumers.

"And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems".
JUST GIVE IT A CLEAR NAME, for crying out loud. Something with more thought than "New" would not confuse people and then you could give us the same damn product as everywhere else in the world. Do you think we are so stupid in North America that we can't understand the differences between two systems, while Europe seems to be able to?  >:(

/endrant, sorry about that. I've been building steam against NoA for a while and that was one too many bullshit excuse.