Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532910 times)

htimreimer

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #750 on: June 04, 2013, 06:37:09 am »
So pissed off right now.

I bought a DVD set that I've been hunting down for the past two and a half years - the company that made it went out of business in 2010/11 so it's pretty rare by now - and I found it on eBay, listed in like new condition.

I bought the set, I got it today, and the discs are scratched to hell.

I'm an eBay seller, have been for the past six years, and man, who the hell lists something in this condition in "Like New" shape? This is a store with 210000 feedback, that's who. Bloody idiots... :\
So, the guy took a return, refunded my money, and I left him a neutral.

He then relisted the item in "Very Good" condition on eBay and Amazon.

And he had the gall to ask me to revise my feedback! I told him in polite words that after listing the item in very good shape, when it wasn't, then doing it AGAIN, I wouldn't change my feedback. I almost wrote "You should be grateful I didn't leave a neg", but that would've made eBay side with him because they're idiots.
something like this has happen to me, i bought showdown in 2100 ad box and game for the odyssey 2 for $25 and picture looked good plus the listing said it was in good condition, when i got the box and game from the mail three weeks later, i find out that the spine has split and needs to be repaired by hot glue gun that i dont have and the icing on the bull$hit cake was when i gave him a mediocre score, he was surprised and even a bit mad that i gave a him mediocre score.

apparently he doesn't not give any details on the things he sells and relies heavily on trick photography,putting objects in front of the camera to hide stuff like split spines and words like bad, good and vary good condition to fool people who are not all that familiar with ebay and some how he has 95 percent as seller
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:41:47 am by htimreimer »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #751 on: June 04, 2013, 10:15:59 am »
*OUCH*

Went into ER on Wed night w/ bad chest pains,

diagnosed w/ pneumonia,

just staggered back home last night,

still weak & shaky...but at least AT HOME instead of another day or night in *that* fucking place  :'(

If I'm light on posting/visiting for a bit - it means that I feel like shit :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #752 on: June 04, 2013, 10:17:48 am »
That's terrible! I hope you recover soon  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #753 on: June 04, 2013, 10:19:35 am »
Thanks Kimimi!

soera

« Reply #754 on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:31 am »
Damn! Been wondering where you were. Get better man. That sounds horrible.

scott

« Reply #755 on: June 04, 2013, 02:05:22 pm »
Ya I was wondering what you were up to. Get well man.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #756 on: June 04, 2013, 03:12:06 pm »
*OUCH*

Went into ER on Wed night w/ bad chest pains,

diagnosed w/ pneumonia,

just staggered back home last night,

still weak & shaky...but at least AT HOME instead of another day or night in *that* fucking place  :'(

If I'm light on posting/visiting for a bit - it means that I feel like shit :(

I hope you get well soon. Pneumonia is nasty.

foxhack

« Reply #757 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:34 pm »
How the hell do you even get pneumonia in the summer?

I'll get you a nurse. A burly bald middle-aged guy who'll cure ya. :P Get better!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #758 on: June 04, 2013, 03:55:40 pm »
How the hell do you even get pneumonia in the summer?

Any number of ways. You don't have to have a cold or flu to get it. Pneumonia is liquid in the lungs.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #759 on: June 04, 2013, 03:59:19 pm »
Thanks everyone!

*is feeling the "VGCollect-Love*,

*Feels just a little bit better*

*Warm Fuzzies*

;)

jcalder8

« Reply #760 on: June 05, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
Thanks everyone!

*is feeling the "VGCollect-Love*,

*Feels just a little bit better*

*Warm Fuzzies*

;)
Get better soon!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #761 on: June 09, 2013, 09:22:15 am »
Thanks!

Been feeling a little better...

sin2beta

« Reply #762 on: June 09, 2013, 09:16:21 pm »
I'm watching an ebay thread that is something specific I've been looking for at a great price. But I know there are so many other people watching it too. And once it gets down to the final 5 minutes the price is going to skyrocket. But here's hoping. God, I both love and hate ebay. As a SEGA collector I do get a lot of good deals that slip past everyone. I imagine if I was a Nintendo collector I would HATE ebay. Way too much competition.

EDIT: and it went past my mark. Currently it is still a ok price for a collector. But nothing great. Certainly not a deal. Especially considering the games. But it would have finished out the CD 32X collection for me. I was excited about snagging them for $5 a piece potentially. But now it is 43 shipped. But most of these can be obtained for 10 a piece all day long. The others you don't have to wait long for. Any higher on value and someone is over paying. Right now it is at market with maybe a slight discount by "bundled" shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281116697432?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:29:53 pm by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

sin2beta

« Reply #763 on: June 11, 2013, 01:51:34 am »
Yu Suzuki turned 55 yesterday. Now play some Outrun, Space Harrier, or after Burner to celebrate.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #764 on: June 11, 2013, 02:03:32 pm »
Yu Suzuki turned 55 yesterday. Now play some Outrun, Space Harrier, or after Burner to celebrate.

Even better to celebrate: Write Sega and tell them you want them to hand over rights of Shenmue to Yu Suzuki, or give him the greenlight to make Shenmue 3 with Sega.

Suzuki wants to start a kickstarter for Shenmue 3, but can't because Sega owns the rights.

http://blog.games.com/2013/03/04/shenmue-creator-may-seek-kickstarter-to-fund-shenmue-3/

I've never played a Shenmue game in my life; however, I've heard the desperate plights of Shenmue fans all across the internet, clamoring for the third installment. There may be hope yet for Shenmue fans, as according to French reporter, Sebastien-Abdelhamid, series creator Yu Suzuki may resort to Kickstarter to fund the long-awaited third installment.

According to GameInformer, Sebastien-Abdelhamid had a chance to speak with Suzuki at the Monoco Game Show, and he posted on twitter about the creator's interests. According to the reporter, Suzuki may even consider creating an anime or manga, which I suppose would be better than continuing to have no Shenmue 3.

The problem is Sega still owns the rights to Shenmue. So before Suzuki can even begin setting up a Kickstarter, he still has to figure out how he can acquire the rights to the cult franchise. Still, I hope he can pull it off. I may not be a Shenmue fan, but I too know what it's like to be waiting for a game that will in all likely never be made (still waiting for a third Chrono game).

If you're a Shenmue fan, does this get your hopes up? And if you're not a Shenmue fan, are you also waiting for a long-awaited game that may never come?