Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532638 times)

htimreimer

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #780 on: June 15, 2013, 11:04:45 pm »
i found this song from the early 80s and i can't believe this thing exist but its video game related. what do you guy think of it 

I actually had just found out about this song as well. I heard it in the "Video Game Years 1978". I had no idea it existed. I knew of the Pac Man Fever song, but not SPace Invaders. It's an interesting piece. Nice!

Just because, here is Pac-man fever...

pac man fever is bad and not the so bad its good kind of bad, its just bad unlike space invaders which is so bad its good. its hard not to love how much effort that lady puts in to saying "space invaders"

sin2beta

« Reply #781 on: June 15, 2013, 11:38:07 pm »
i found this song from the early 80s and i can't believe this thing exist but its video game related. what do you guy think of it 

I actually had just found out about this song as well. I heard it in the "Video Game Years 1978". I had no idea it existed. I knew of the Pac Man Fever song, but not SPace Invaders. It's an interesting piece. Nice!

Just because, here is Pac-man fever...

pac man fever is bad and not the so bad its good kind of bad, its just bad unlike space invaders which is so bad its good. its hard not to love how much effort that lady puts in to saying "space invaders"

She does put in a lot of effort. I do find it great.

I'll be honest, I kind of like Pac-man fever...   :D
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #782 on: June 16, 2013, 12:23:14 am »
The whole Pac-Man Fever album is awesome!  Bought the re-release on CD not to long ago.  My two favorites are Mouse Trap and Goin' Berzerk
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

sin2beta

« Reply #783 on: June 16, 2013, 12:30:09 am »
The whole Pac-Man Fever album is awesome!  Bought the re-release on CD not to long ago.  My two favorites are Mouse Trap and Goin' Berzerk

Man... I thought the Pac-Man Fever was a one-shot. It turns out they were a complete video game nerd band! The fact that there is a song about Berzerk is amazing.

Just to keep this train rolling, here is MC Frontalot with It is Pitch Dark. It's a tribute to Infocom games. Best of all it features a cameo by the great Steve Meretsky:

scott

« Reply #784 on: June 16, 2013, 01:36:39 am »
Ugh. For the love of Christ the last section of Uncharted is annoying. It's almost Halo's Flood annoying.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #785 on: June 16, 2013, 12:27:19 pm »
Trash Digging with my wife is a seriously two-edged sword. She'll help me hunt and dig, but if she finds vintage jewelry it's going to cost me some money.

« Reply #786 on: June 16, 2013, 12:41:39 pm »
Trash Digging with my wife is a seriously two-edged sword. She'll help me hunt and dig, but if she finds vintage jewelry it's going to cost me some money.
Why is that? ???

ko1ru

« Reply #787 on: June 16, 2013, 07:38:58 pm »
Is there anyone that doesn't list their physical PC games in with their collection stats?  Only simply because they're not console/handheld games?  I've been struggling with this lately and wondering whether or not to include them in my numbers.  Not to mention, they're nothing special anyway.  :P

sin2beta

« Reply #788 on: June 16, 2013, 07:48:46 pm »
Is there anyone that doesn't list their physical PC games in with their collection stats?  Only simply because they're not console/handheld games?  I've been struggling with this lately and wondering whether or not to include them in my numbers.  Not to mention, they're nothing special anyway.  :P

I don't. I have some Commodore, Mac and Apple stuff. I also have a tiny bit of Nintendo stuff that I can't see getting rid of (mother 1&2, 3, etc.) But I don't collect for those systems. So, I don't list em. I don't have a lot outside of the SEGA/XBox collection though.

I've been toying with adding the Apple/Mac stuff though. But I think that would probably expand my collection focus a little more than I want.

scott

« Reply #789 on: June 16, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »
I list pretty much everything. There are some swag items I haven't bothered with and some demos. But for the most part, if it's a game I own it's listed.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #790 on: June 16, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

my rule is to list anything physical I don't count Digital

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #791 on: June 16, 2013, 10:30:40 pm »
Why is that? ???

Because my wife is distracted by shiny objects. She loves antique and vintage jewelry. If she spots any kind of jewelry, my games take a back seat in her priorities.

I don't. I don't really collect for PC. I just have a few Star Wars games that I keep ,
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:33:25 pm by turf »

soera

« Reply #792 on: June 17, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »
I used to list my Everquest and my DDO stuff but I removed it a while back. The only PC stuff I list anymore is something I actually have a physical copy of. No real reason why as I list my Virtual console and PSN stuff.

blipcs76

« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2013, 10:38:27 am »
I actually have TWO copies of Pac Man Fever on vinyl.  It's OK, because I collect Pac Man memorabilia.  The music is embarrassingly awful.  The album is on Spotify, for anyone who uses it: http://open.spotify.com/album/5mRWpW84JhNLdEdxDTm5H5.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #794 on: June 18, 2013, 10:39:51 am »
coming up on 800 posts; wtf?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"