Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532774 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #795 on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:06 am »
Lots of general stuff to discuss!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #796 on: June 18, 2013, 10:46:08 am »
Lots of general stuff to discuss!

+1 awesome guy w/ the awesome idea to kick this thread off  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #797 on: June 18, 2013, 11:30:32 am »
You're welcome (obviously you are talking about me and not yourself since the word awesome was used).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #798 on: June 18, 2013, 11:56:57 am »
You're welcome (obviously you are talking about me and not yourself since the word awesome was used).

;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #799 on: June 19, 2013, 12:23:20 am »
Torchlight is free for the next 48 hours on GoG! It doesn't look like it, at first. But when you add it to your cart, it comes up as free. I just got it! I was informed with an email from GoG.

htimreimer

« Reply #800 on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:15 am »
i bought some old software, it called lotus cc:mail mobile release 2 for windows and its rare, theres no info on the net about it and i could only find two pics of it,
one pic was the mac version and the other was on the internet archive on the lotus website in 1996. now i have a problem, its new old stock and dont know if i should open it up because it could up in value in the future especially rare item and there is a growing market for software collecting

foxhack

« Reply #801 on: June 19, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »
It's Lotus software, which means there's lot of copies and it's not worth anything.

ko1ru

« Reply #802 on: June 19, 2013, 03:35:51 pm »
Going back to listing PC games:  Another reason I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to list my physical PC games is that neither of my computers will run most of the games I own anymore (thank you Vista and XP).  So with them being essentially unplayable and in a binder (read: coasters), I don't see an overwhelming need to continue to include them in my numbers.  Like I said, they're nothing particularly special anyway.

However, I feel a bit hypocritical about this as I include XBLA titles...   ::)

Also, to make clear, I don't have any swag or "game-related" items in my numbers - aside from strategy guides, and even then I'm considering taking them out as well.  I have a bunch of swag and soundtracks myself, but can't bring myself to list them as they're not games.

Decisions, decisions... 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #803 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37:11 pm »

Also, to make clear, I don't have any swag or "game-related" items in my numbers - aside from strategy guides, and even then I'm considering taking them out as well.  I have a bunch of swag and soundtracks myself, but can't bring myself to list them as they're not games.

Decisions, decisions...

I kinda felt the same way about the whole "games" thing...I guess that everyone here will (eventually:) figure out what *they* feel right with - and go with that.

"My" answer/decision was to look at this as a site for listing my gaming *Collection*, as opposed to just my *games*.

So, (I still have a lot of items to get around to adding) -but- my eventual goal is to list all of my *physical* items that I consider as part of my gaming collection...and not bother with any digital-only shit.

Then again, that's just me -and- of course, everyone else's mileage may vary - I don't personally think that there's really any 'set' "right" and/or "wrong" answers or ways to do this  8)

foxhack

« Reply #804 on: June 19, 2013, 05:29:35 pm »
Going back to listing PC games:  Another reason I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to list my physical PC games is that neither of my computers will run most of the games I own anymore (thank you Vista and XP).  So with them being essentially unplayable and in a binder (read: coasters), I don't see an overwhelming need to continue to include them in my numbers.  Like I said, they're nothing particularly special anyway.

Decisions, decisions...
You don't have to list the stuff you don't want to add.

I still have around two thirds of my physical PC collection, unlisted. Why? Because that's a lot of disc only games and it's not worth adding them right now.

sin2beta

« Reply #805 on: June 19, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »

Decisions, decisions...

Have you tried using DOSBox? You usually have to use a program that makes it playable with the much faster processors we have now. But it seems to work well.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

« Reply #806 on: June 19, 2013, 08:00:48 pm »
JAMES GANDOLFINI DIED!

Sadness.  :'(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #807 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:50 pm »
I know this is going to sound odd but I didnt know who he was by name. When I read that, I was thinking the actor that played Gandolf for some reason.

Its pretty sad ... he was only 51 and on vacation. That sucks.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #808 on: June 19, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »
If I have any say in it, I want to die on a Monday. I'll be pissed if I go out on Friday at 4:29.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #809 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:09 am »
DAMMIT!!!  My work just turned Websense on to vgcollect.com. I guess I'm only going to be on here by phone. This sucks.