Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582478 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8160 on: September 11, 2015, 07:43:37 pm »
Quick question: If my Gamestop account w/ Poweruprewards pro got deleted for violating TOS, can I create another account( and upgrade to powerup pro) as long as I don't anything wrong again w/ TOS?

I checked with my bf (who has worked at GS for a year now)... He's not quite sure, but he said it's possible they permabanned the email address used, so you could try to open another one with the same email address and see what happens...  You'd probably be fine if you just open one with a different email address.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #8161 on: September 11, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »
Quick question: If my Gamestop account w/ Poweruprewards pro got deleted for violating TOS, can I create another account( and upgrade to powerup pro) as long as I don't anything wrong again w/ TOS?

I checked with my bf (who has worked at GS for a year now)... He's not quite sure, but he said it's possible they permabanned the email address used, so you could try to open another one with the same email address and see what happens...  You'd probably be fine if you just open one with a different email address.
It doesn't let me use the same e-mail since its registered to the old account, so I just created a seperate account w/ a different e-mail. I think I'll wait a week or so to make sure that nothing else happens, and then go for the upgrade.

desocietas

« Reply #8162 on: September 11, 2015, 08:45:24 pm »

It doesn't let me use the same e-mail since its registered to the old account, so I just created a seperate account w/ a different e-mail. I think I'll wait a week or so to make sure that nothing else happens, and then go for the upgrade.

Hopefully that should work out.  Sorry to hear about the account getting cancelled... I have a lot of points on my account, so it'd suck if it got deleted.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #8163 on: September 12, 2015, 12:31:22 am »
Just curious as to what you did to violate the TOS. Ive never heard of anyone doing that. Ive been working at GS for about 6 months now and never seen anyone not able to be pro so you should be fine if you have a different email and phone number.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8164 on: September 12, 2015, 12:36:37 am »
Just curious as to what you did to violate the TOS. Ive never heard of anyone doing that. Ive been working at GS for about 6 months now and never seen anyone not able to be pro so you should be fine if you have a different email and phone number.
I

I am wondering that too lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #8165 on: September 12, 2015, 12:43:54 am »
I

I am wondering that too lol
I think it was something about a coupon that I used. But I don't know that is completely certain, since I haven't been able to connect with customer support in the last few days on phone and email to get a defenite answer. I'm gonna call in tomorrow morning, to see if its ok to use an new account and upgrade to pro with a different email. I'm defenitely gonna lose some points for this as well.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:45:53 am by maximo310 »

soera

« Reply #8166 on: September 12, 2015, 01:00:47 am »
When we try to enter a coupon code and its already been used, it just doesnt accept it. No reason it should ban you for that. Ive tried to enter dozens of coupon codes for people that didnt realize they were already used.

You should call the number on the back of the card. I think its 866 676 GAME. They should be able to help you out.

maximo310

« Reply #8167 on: September 12, 2015, 01:25:53 am »
When we try to enter a coupon code and its already been used, it just doesnt accept it. No reason it should ban you for that. Ive tried to enter dozens of coupon codes for people that didnt realize they were already used.

You should call the number on the back of the card. I think its 866 676 GAME. They should be able to help you out.
Yeah, I'm gonna try tomorrow morning, since calling the power up rewards line in the afternoon resulted in 1 hr+ wait times, and I wasn't able to be on hold for that long. I'll let you know how the call goes, and hopefully this problem will get resolved soon.

90snostalga

« Reply #8168 on: September 12, 2015, 08:25:09 am »

Sometimes, I don't know why I put up with this shit. No matter what I do, its never good enough. No matter how much dedication I give my job, how much I bust my ass, no matter how much I try to be a super hero, its never good enough

Everytime I have friends, they disappear within no time. All the effort I put into them, is never good enough.

I always try to keep close to my family and repair any broken ties but its never good enough

With no friends, no money, a horrible job, tequila is all that's good enough and im marrying this bottle of 1800

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8169 on: September 12, 2015, 10:44:40 am »
So. Today is National Video Games Day. What games will you be playing?

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8170 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:12 am »
So my friend gave me his Wii like a year ago... it didnt come with Wii Sports... just looked up the price,,,, jeeze, i thought it would be dirt cheap.

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #8171 on: September 12, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »
Update on the gamestop situation:
 I waited about 30 min to speak to a representative.  So apparently, according to her, the new online account can't be opened until I talk to a representative at a retail store, and that there is nothing left in terms of points ( about 8000) or info on the old powerup rewards account that was " suspended". I tried to ask what my TOS was actually about, but I didn't get an exact answer and it doesn't seem like I can get any more specific information because they can't share investigation data with consumers . I had to hang up after awhile since I was getting nowhere in trying to figure out the situation, but I wish I could at least be told the specific action/transaction that lead to TOS. That might be a bit selfish of me,  but I'm still would like to know information like this. It doesn't help that when i said that I didn't know about the coupon  being a problem until after the fact, they said " Oh, too bad".

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8172 on: September 12, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »
Wow what pricks. I would try emailing and twittering too and see if you can get someone else to give a different answer.

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #8173 on: September 12, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »
Wow what pricks. I would try emailing and twittering too and see if you can get someone else to give a different answer.
I've already sent them multiple e-mails; they simply don't respond. Don't have a twitter account but I could probably make a temp if I needed to. I defenitely did not get a good representative on the phone with how the conversation went; they didn't really help besides reading from their script from their responses to my statements; the store employees were more helpful than this person. Probably one of the worst cases of customer service that I've dealt with yet.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8174 on: September 13, 2015, 02:44:48 pm »
I hate when people wont split a bulk video game buy. I just want the games.. I dont need another SNES or Genesis, and i really dont want another sega cd, there is a reason i traded my other one away lol

1049-2600-8730