Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1610728 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9540 on: February 12, 2016, 01:19:35 pm »
Best of luck, Burning.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9541 on: February 12, 2016, 01:21:22 pm »
Thanks guys.

@ rayne: Yeah, my brother is still with my mom. He's not legally conserved by anyone, so he has to go into the governemnt office and tell them he wants to go to group home or they won't do it. They treat him just like an adult, making his own decision because of not being conserved. But at the same time, he is mentally challenged. My mom is going to manipulate him to convince him not to do that, and it's not like he drive himself down there to do it, anyways.

We did make some progress, though. We got my step-dad to get legal control of his bank account. Before that, my mom and her loser junkie friends were stealing money out of his account to feed their habits.

That is definitely progress.  Maybe now that your mom no longer has access to that money, she won't try to manipulate your brother into staying with her?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #9542 on: February 12, 2016, 01:27:38 pm »
so last week I raided the gamestops in my area for cheap ds titles and ran across this little number and started dying of laughter.

http://vgcollect.com/item/18604

why is this even a thing? I understand it existing just not on DS. Whats worse is I didn't pick it up although it was only like 70 cents and after thinking about it I will probably go back for it. I find more than that on the ground every day.

EDIT: Btw I do not smoke
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:48:59 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #9543 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:32 pm »
so last week I raided the gamestops in my area for cheap ds titles and ran across this little number and started dying of laughter.

http://vgcollect.com/item/18604

why is this even a thing? I understand it existing just not on DS. Whats worse is I didn't pick it up although it was only like 70 cents and after thinking about it I will probably go back for it. I find more than that on the ground every day.

See? And there are people out there who think that video games are bad for you.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9544 on: February 12, 2016, 02:30:31 pm »
Thanks guys.

@ rayne: Yeah, my brother is still with my mom. He's not legally conserved by anyone, so he has to go into the governemnt office and tell them he wants to go to group home or they won't do it. They treat him just like an adult, making his own decision because of not being conserved. But at the same time, he is mentally challenged. My mom is going to manipulate him to convince him not to do that, and it's not like he drive himself down there to do it, anyways.

We did make some progress, though. We got my step-dad to get legal control of his bank account. Before that, my mom and her loser junkie friends were stealing money out of his account to feed their habits.

That is definitely progress.  Maybe now that your mom no longer has access to that money, she won't try to manipulate your brother into staying with her?

No, unfortunately. She gets what's called IHSS. That's where the government pays her for taking caring of him, because he's an adult. So that's why she wants him to stay.

gf78

« Reply #9545 on: February 12, 2016, 03:00:53 pm »
Thanks guys.

No, unfortunately. She gets what's called IHSS. That's where the government pays her for taking caring of him, because he's an adult. So that's why she wants him to stay.

Oh, gotcha.  Is he capable of leaving for a home or another arrangement?  By that I mean, would they officially deem him of "sound mind & body" or whatever they say where he could choose to leave?  And how does he feel about what the situation at home is?  Sorry, but it's been a while back when we originally talked about it and my old ass has memory problems these days.  Can't even walk into a room half the time and remember what I went in there for.   :-\
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9546 on: February 12, 2016, 03:32:50 pm »
Like I said, he can choose for himself. But my mom manipulates him in to staying because he's mentally challenged, and it's easy for her to do.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9547 on: February 12, 2016, 03:48:13 pm »
Like I said, he can choose for himself. But my mom manipulates him in to staying because he's mentally challenged, and it's easy for her to do.

Has your mom ever tried to get clean - what's she using?

I'm a drug, alcohol, and gambling counselor and, there's pretty simple ways - even for those without the money and/or insurance - to get either outpatient or, if necessary, inpatient help.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9548 on: February 12, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »
She doesn't want to get clean. She abuses pills, alcohol, and now heroin, too. She completely explodes whenever it's even slightly suggested that she needs help, even though it's damn obvious.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9549 on: February 12, 2016, 08:46:01 pm »
I've got a confession to make - I'm a hoarder. Legitimately. I'm not as bad as those ones the show Buried Alive. But, I think I have enough of a problem where I could probably get there. So recently I've been going through a purge, and it feels really good. Just throwing away all kinds of worthless items I don't need, they have no monetary value, and that I never even look at. I think it's genetic, my father was always a hoarder, would stack things to the ceiling and never glance at them.

I've always had problems letting go of objects, I can't explain why. It's just stuff. I do also have the tendency to want things that are destine to just collect dust. It's only when, on the rare occasion I get fed up and angry, that I decide it's time throw things away. So I've been chucking, and it feels nice. None of my game collecting is going to go anywhere though. ;) Though some of my other "collections" are going to be thinned out. I'm vowing never to become interested in collecting any other kind of items again. That's a dangerous road for a hoarder.

I've got thousands of items more to go, probably. I don't want stuff anymore despite my game collection. I just can't stand it. The Brand New song Bed comes to mind - everything that you own starts to pile up like bones and form the walls of a prison<-- true story.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:48:35 pm by Warmsignal »

Warmsignal

« Reply #9550 on: February 12, 2016, 08:46:35 pm »
Double post is lamesauce.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9551 on: February 12, 2016, 11:15:13 pm »
I've got a confession to make - I'm a hoarder. Legitimately. I'm not as bad as those ones the show Buried Alive. But, I think I have enough of a problem where I could probably get there. So recently I've been going through a purge, and it feels really good. Just throwing away all kinds of worthless items I don't need, they have no monetary value, and that I never even look at. I think it's genetic, my father was always a hoarder, would stack things to the ceiling and never glance at them.

I've always had problems letting go of objects, I can't explain why. It's just stuff. I do also have the tendency to want things that are destine to just collect dust. It's only when, on the rare occasion I get fed up and angry, that I decide it's time throw things away. So I've been chucking, and it feels nice. None of my game collecting is going to go anywhere though. ;) Though some of my other "collections" are going to be thinned out. I'm vowing never to become interested in collecting any other kind of items again. That's a dangerous road for a hoarder.

I've got thousands of items more to go, probably. I don't want stuff anymore despite my game collection. I just can't stand it. The Brand New song Bed comes to mind - everything that you own starts to pile up like bones and form the walls of a prison<-- true story.
I know that feeling. I can see me becoming a horder. Stuff starts to build up. Run out of room. And I get sick of it. And start to toss stuff I don't need. But I gotta keep room for my gaming stuff. Guns and ammo. And fishing gear. Guns and ammo take a lot of space.

Good luck man with keeping on top of things. We here for you for support.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9552 on: February 13, 2016, 02:42:42 pm »
I'm so upset that XBox One owners aren't getting Bloodborne (or Wii U owners, but no surprise there). The game just looks incredible.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9553 on: February 13, 2016, 04:02:56 pm »
I had my final interview for my promotion yesterday.
I feel like it went pretty well. Now, we just have to wait and see.

kashell

« Reply #9554 on: February 13, 2016, 05:38:26 pm »
I had my final interview for my promotion yesterday.
I feel like it went pretty well. Now, we just have to wait and see.

That sounds like a good start. I'll raise a glass (or two) no matter the outcome for you.