Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596575 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9735 on: March 01, 2016, 11:25:49 am »
Holy shit $3000!?

maybe if i told my truck i could afford it lol

You have to ask your truck's permission?!   :o   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #9736 on: March 01, 2016, 11:32:45 am »
Holy shit $3000!?

No He is an Adult he doesn't have to ask permission.. but I'm impressed with the level of communication between them.. the only words I exchange with my vehicle are not for young peoples ears..  ;D
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9737 on: March 01, 2016, 11:35:37 am »
Holy shit $3000!?

No He is an Adult he doesn't have to ask permission.. but I'm impressed with the level of communication between them.. the only words I exchange with my vehicle are not for young peoples ears..  ;D

He told me no, and told me to buy him NEW tires instead, and stop being a cheap SOB and buying used.  8)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9738 on: March 01, 2016, 11:59:55 am »
Anyone know if there's a way to use a PS4 to stream recent episodes (season 6) of The Walking Dead without paying for a subscription service?

I tried using AMC's site and it keeps saying "Loading video player", and then...nothing.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9739 on: March 01, 2016, 12:26:46 pm »
Anyone know if there's a way to use a PS4 to stream recent episodes (season 6) of The Walking Dead without paying for a subscription service?

I tried using AMC's site and it keeps saying "Loading video player", and then...nothing.

Looks like only the first episode is available without logging in at the moment (though maybe you have a cable service). I was able to get it to work after letting it load for a while. I also had to tell it to allow the flash player plugin to run before it would show up (a little puzzle piece with an x shows up in the address bar to the far right:)

I told it to run all plugins at this time and then the video player started working.

Hope that helps!

BTW, I'm running it on Chrome and my usual settings are to not allow Flash unless I allow it to do so.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9740 on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:19 pm »
Thanks, l'il sis!  I'll try it again.

I do have a cable service - what difference does that make?

Does "logging in" = having to pay/subscribe?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9741 on: March 01, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »
Thanks, l'il sis!  I'll try it again.

I do have a cable service - what difference does that make?

Does "logging in" = having to pay/subscribe?

Ah, I don't have cable service, so I couldn't access the newer episodes but was able to look at the first episode of the season (which doesn't require logging in).  If you have cable service, you're already paying for the streamable feature as part of your cable package, so you're all good to go!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #9742 on: March 01, 2016, 01:30:15 pm »
So I have a VERY major question.. Do any of you fine people know anything about books?

I have a pre-1900 edition of "The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" It is the "Advance edition" hardcover that I found at a goodwill but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere I search. one of the major issues stopping me from knowing is that the copyright page is ripped out but I am 100% sure it was made before 1900. I will post a picture of it when I get off work.

Any Idea of when it was published? or know any tools for figuring it out would be very appreciated.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9743 on: March 01, 2016, 01:34:54 pm »
If it's anything like comics, then I'd imagine that having a page ripped out would drop the value of it SIGNIFICANTLY. So if that's why, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But it is cool just to have a book that old to have as a conversation piece.

desocietas

« Reply #9744 on: March 01, 2016, 01:36:49 pm »
I wish I could help. I only know that the copyright page is really important in showing the publication date/edition unless there are other features/changes made to the book after that particular printing.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #9745 on: March 01, 2016, 01:42:53 pm »
If it's anything like comics, then I'd imagine that having a page ripped out would drop the value of it SIGNIFICANTLY. So if that's why, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But it is cool just to have a book that old to have as a conversation piece.

I know that it is basically worthless at this point but just the fact that I literally can find ZERO information about this publication is bugging me. I have no intentions of selling it as of yet. This isn't my oldest book by far but I like to organize my books by print date.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9746 on: March 01, 2016, 01:43:44 pm »

If you haave Uverse, go to demand and they have 2 eps of season 6 up. "No way out" and "the next world" and its free to watch
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9747 on: March 01, 2016, 01:54:26 pm »
Have you tried LibraryThing.com? It's a book collecting site (kind of like VGCollect is for video games). You might be able to find it there.

gf78

« Reply #9748 on: March 01, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »

It could still have significant value depending as with everything on rarity, condition, reprint, etc.  Just look at a copy of Action Comics #1 without a cover.  A lot less value than a complete copy, but you are still talking thousands of dollars.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9749 on: March 01, 2016, 02:46:30 pm »

It could still have significant value depending as with everything on rarity, condition, reprint, etc.  Just look at a copy of Action Comics #1 without a cover.  A lot less value than a complete copy, but you are still talking thousands of dollars.

Well yeah, but that's because it's Action Comics #1, though. That's like having a damaged copy of Earthbound.