Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516940 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15090 on: March 28, 2020, 10:15:49 am »
We've been asked to WFH until the end of April. It's nuts. You used to have to beg, borrow and steal to get permission to work from home. Now, the company is demanding it.

Oh, and shout out to all the healthcare workers that are on the front lines.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15091 on: March 28, 2020, 02:46:29 pm »
Work in Trucking/Logistics/LTL so we're about as essential as it gets. That said, truckers/drivers are NOT the cleanliest of people. Had a guy sneeze into his hands three times and then walked out a door touching the knobs on both sides instead of asking someone in the office to let him out.  :o

Other terminals got shut down/fumigated once it was determined that someone tested positive. I figure it's a matter of when, not if, before it happens to us.  :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15092 on: March 29, 2020, 10:47:11 am »
Watched the whole weekend the Stay at Home Comic Con  8)

https://stayhomecomiccon.nl/

kashell

« Reply #15093 on: March 30, 2020, 01:26:23 pm »
Did anyone else binge Tiger King. It's a national treasure.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15094 on: March 31, 2020, 07:36:08 pm »

Sweet baby Jesus!  You know I did. I hope you’re ready for me to blow your phone up with memes!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:37:46 pm by turf »

kashell

« Reply #15095 on: April 01, 2020, 08:06:52 am »

Sweet baby Jesus!  You know I did. I hope you’re ready for me to blow your phone up with memes!

All the memes. There are more memes for Tiger King than there were teeth from the cast.

soera

« Reply #15096 on: April 01, 2020, 08:16:59 am »
Before anyone asks, no I dont know anyone on the show.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15097 on: April 01, 2020, 09:28:06 am »
I thought everyone in Oklahoma was related?

« Reply #15098 on: April 01, 2020, 12:10:35 pm »
I thought the show was in Florida (I've not watched, but the lack of teeth left assumptions)

kashell

« Reply #15099 on: April 01, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »
I thought the show was in Florida (I've not watched, but the lack of teeth left assumptions)
Part of it takes place in Trampa I MEAN Tampa.

« Reply #15100 on: April 06, 2020, 06:11:15 pm »
So today was kinda dead at work and since I'm working from home, I decided now would be a great time to clean my PS2 slim. This thing has been making all sorts of noise and sometimes it'll act like I removed the disc in the middle of playing. So I pulled it apart and honestly, it really wasn't that dirty, however I did notice that the grease on the lens rail and lens motor was kinda gross and looked worn down. I've taken apart and cleaned my fair share of consoles before, but the one thing I've never done is mess with the laser assembly, been to nervous to mess with it. I just happened to have some silicon grease laying around from dreamcast controller repairs I've been doing so I figured now is as good a time as any to try to figure this out. I spent a good 2 hours reading about the tear down of the entire lens assembly and then about 30 minutes breaking it all down, cleaning, and reassembling with fresh grease, and to my surprise everything came out great! the drive is almost dead silent, you can still hear the disc spinning but the grinding that the motor and assembly was making is totally gone. I know this was pretty long winded and kinda pointless lol but I was really excited and needed to share it with someone who might care.. the wife sure wouldn't haha.

« Reply #15101 on: April 07, 2020, 08:30:00 am »
So today was kinda dead at work and since I'm working from home, I decided now would be a great time to clean my PS2 slim. This thing has been making all sorts of noise and sometimes it'll act like I removed the disc in the middle of playing. So I pulled it apart and honestly, it really wasn't that dirty, however I did notice that the grease on the lens rail and lens motor was kinda gross and looked worn down. I've taken apart and cleaned my fair share of consoles before, but the one thing I've never done is mess with the laser assembly, been to nervous to mess with it. I just happened to have some silicon grease laying around from dreamcast controller repairs I've been doing so I figured now is as good a time as any to try to figure this out. I spent a good 2 hours reading about the tear down of the entire lens assembly and then about 30 minutes breaking it all down, cleaning, and reassembling with fresh grease, and to my surprise everything came out great! the drive is almost dead silent, you can still hear the disc spinning but the grinding that the motor and assembly was making is totally gone. I know this was pretty long winded and kinda pointless lol but I was really excited and needed to share it with someone who might care.. the wife sure wouldn't haha.
Neat.  I might need to give that a try some day.

« Reply #15102 on: April 07, 2020, 12:36:32 pm »
Neat.  I might need to give that a try some day.

If you have any questions hit me up! I had to use info from several different sources, I couldn't really find all the info I needed on one site.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15103 on: April 10, 2020, 02:58:46 am »
I actually did something kind of neat for once in all my years of collecting games. Instead of being dead last to know something and too little too late, I had some foresight and was ahead of the curve. I bought a physical copy of the stealth released Cooking Mama on Switch, then the game was promptly recalled - as in ceased production. Now of course it's all the rage with scalpers R@RE RE$ALLED GAME!!$$

Something told me when I saw that it just popped up for sale out of nowhere, that I need to snag one. It's absolutely staying in my collection, and I'm going to play it eventually. So the publisher took the liberty of releasing it before the dev was satisfied with it, leading to the recall and now apparently, a lawsuit. So there's a chance this game might never again see the light of day after all this fiasco.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15104 on: April 10, 2020, 01:04:08 pm »
I actually did something kind of neat for once in all my years of collecting games. Instead of being dead last to know something and too little too late, I had some foresight and was ahead of the curve. I bought a physical copy of the stealth released Cooking Mama on Switch, then the game was promptly recalled - as in ceased production. Now of course it's all the rage with scalpers R@RE RE$ALLED GAME!!$$

Something told me when I saw that it just popped up for sale out of nowhere, that I need to snag one. It's absolutely staying in my collection, and I'm going to play it eventually. So the publisher took the liberty of releasing it before the dev was satisfied with it, leading to the recall and now apparently, a lawsuit. So there's a chance this game might never again see the light of day after all this fiasco.

That’s the one. It’ll be the Stadium Events of the Switch library. Well done!