Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1530759 times)

dhaabi

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15510 on: January 04, 2021, 12:29:32 am »
Checks have STARTED to be sent out. You may have gotten yours and that's good for you but not everyone has yet. I don't do direct deposit with the IRS so I know I'm on the back end of getting a payout because I opt for physical checks (that's how it went for the first one). As for the teenager thing, was any mention made for dependents? Would they get half the amount like last time?

On that note, some people have yet to even receive the first stimulus check. As for dependents, parents to children under age 17 receive an additional $600 for each child whereas all dependents over age 17 receive nothing. College students were overwhelmingly dealt a terrible hand.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 01:06:28 am by dhaabi »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15511 on: January 04, 2021, 09:23:37 pm »
I just went to play the copy of Double Dragon for Master System I picked up yesterday, and After Burner comes on the screen instead.

Well then, how does this make you feel?

Jipped.

Can you return or nah?

I'm gonna find out tomorrow after work.

It's weird. It's not like Double Dragon is an expensive game or anyrhing, so why did someone bother?

I was able to take it back. And since Friday, he had gotten a boxed copy of the same game, lucky me. Only a $5 difference.  He also let me keep the screwed up one, so I now own a copy of After Burner that looks like Double Dragon.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 09:34:29 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15512 on: January 04, 2021, 11:28:33 pm »
I just went to play the copy of Double Dragon for Master System I picked up yesterday, and After Burner comes on the screen instead.

Well then, how does this make you feel?

Jipped.

Can you return or nah?

I'm gonna find out tomorrow after work.

It's weird. It's not like Double Dragon is an expensive game or anyrhing, so why did someone bother?

I was able to take it back. And since Friday, he had gotten a boxed copy of the same game, lucky me. Only a $5 difference.  He also let me keep the screwed up one, so I now own a copy of After Burner that looks like Double Dragon.

Same thing happened to me once. Not even expensive games. I have a copy of Super Punch-Out!! that looks like The Death and Return of Superman for the SNES. Weird.

pzeke

« Reply #15513 on: January 05, 2021, 08:55:18 am »
Same thing happened to me once. Not even expensive games. I have a copy of Super Punch-Out!! that looks like The Death and Return of Superman for the SNES. Weird.

Well, The Death and Return of Superman goes for double what Super Punch-Out!! usually goes for, so...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #15514 on: January 05, 2021, 10:03:34 am »
I remember there were lots of stories regarding swapped PCBs on carts when Gamestop started buying the older games again.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15515 on: January 05, 2021, 11:45:23 am »

Well, The Death and Return of Superman goes for double what Super Punch-Out!! usually goes for, so...

Yeah, but good luck finding someone who wants to pay for a switched out cart.

pzeke

« Reply #15516 on: January 05, 2021, 03:51:19 pm »
I remember there were lots of stories regarding swapped PCBs on carts when Gamestop started buying the older games again.

This has been a rather common occurrence for the longest time now, before the Internet I would venture to guess even; it tends to happen occasionally, or frequently depending with who you talk to on eBay, and then GameStop somewhat recently given their abysmal quality control. It's odd seeing these posts, as I thought this was a known fact, especially since it kind of/sort of goes in tandem with all the cartridge knockoff/bootleg stories, and this being a video game driven website and all one would think it'd be common knowledge. But I digress, I guess.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #15517 on: January 12, 2021, 12:26:45 pm »
Xbox is doing a Gamerscore challenge thing where they give you reward points 1 - 1 for earning gamerscore to a max of 10,000.  1,000 = ~$1, so can come out of the month with $10 in rewards for playing games.

Lance McDonald over on twitter did a video covering a newly discovered cheat for Nier Automata that basically beats the game.  I didn't see anybody writing a guide or anything and tons of folks asking how to take advantage of this to get the 1000g.  So I spent the last day or so figuring it out and managed to get the full 1000g with like 5 hours of effort, some of which was just figuring out what's the most efficient way to do certain things.  That plus a little ingenuity and like 4 hours and you can wind up with the full 1000g for the game.  It's dumb, but I'm proud to have figured out the process on my own after seeing that cheat.

« Reply #15518 on: January 14, 2021, 09:08:36 am »
Per Wario64 on Twitter:
Best Buy is ending all current Gamers Club Unlocked memberships on March 1, 2021. Refund checks to be mailed out for unexpired memberships

Good night, Sweet Prince.  You truly were the best deal in gaming.

tripredacus

« Reply #15519 on: January 14, 2021, 10:16:12 am »
Hockey season is here, so my game playing time will be going down quite a bit.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15520 on: January 14, 2021, 11:19:51 am »
Per Wario64 on Twitter:
Best Buy is ending all current Gamers Club Unlocked memberships on March 1, 2021. Refund checks to be mailed out for unexpired memberships

I let mine lapse and wasn't able to renew it in time but surprisingly I had spent a lot more with Best Buy last year over the holidays and right before though probably half or more of that was to sate my Steelbook movie addiction.  :P

(P.S. - I forgot to post in the SS thread before it got locked but thanks for the games!  ;D)

« Reply #15521 on: January 14, 2021, 12:45:24 pm »
Per Wario64 on Twitter:

I let mine lapse and wasn't able to renew it in time but surprisingly I had spent a lot more with Best Buy last year over the holidays and right before though probably half or more of that was to sate my Steelbook movie addiction.  :P

(P.S. - I forgot to post in the SS thread before it got locked but thanks for the games!  ;D)

Mine expired either right before or right after the original cut-off that they gave, so I haven't had it in like two years, unfortunately.

You are welcome!  Easy to find games when someone has a wishlist with hundreds of titles to choose from  ;D

kashell

« Reply #15522 on: January 15, 2021, 07:52:24 am »
I never partook in the Best Buy Gamer Club. Alas.

azure

« Reply #15523 on: January 15, 2021, 12:30:06 pm »
My GCU ran out midway 2020, rest in peace.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15524 on: January 19, 2021, 01:33:41 am »
16k resolution can be yours...for $5 million:

https://robbreport.com/gear/tvs/sony-16k-crystal-led-tv-2869489/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:03:17 am by burningdoom »