Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517519 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15585 on: February 23, 2021, 11:55:46 pm »
Well I’ll be a monkey’s bare-assed uncle!
They slipped around and announced Tony Hawk for the Switch. I think I might even drop full price on that one.

kashell

« Reply #15586 on: February 24, 2021, 07:43:35 am »
Tony Hawk is one of those franchises I wish I enjoyed. I was so bad at it that it was comical so I would quit, haha.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15587 on: February 24, 2021, 12:06:30 pm »
Tony Hawk is one of those franchises I wish I enjoyed. I was so bad at it that it was comical so I would quit, haha.

I'm not great at it, but I still have fun with it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15588 on: February 24, 2021, 12:13:34 pm »
Tony Hawk is one of those games where it's kind of therapeutic for the mind. You just turn your brain on autopilot and try to combo through the whole level as you mash buttons. I do like the older more challenge based ones though. Went back and tried some of the story based adventure ones, and it's a corn-ball fest of raditude. It was somewhere in that mix where the series was lost on me. Taking it back to the basics could be interesting.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15589 on: February 24, 2021, 12:16:13 pm »
Tony Hawk is one of those games where it's kind of therapeutic for the mind. You just turn your brain on autopilot and try to combo through the whole level as you mash buttons. I do like the older more challenge based ones though. Went back and tried some of the story based adventure ones, and it's a corn-ball fest of raditude. It was somewhere in that mix where the series was lost on me. Taking it back to the basics could be interesting.

You haven't tried the remake, yet? It's the first 3 games remastered. Done quite well.

scott

« Reply #15590 on: February 24, 2021, 04:49:35 pm »
I saw that Tony Hawk announcement. Held off on it, but might have to get it for Switch.

In other news I decided to search Brown Sauce for a laugh and found an old thread asking about what VGC was like when it was new ( https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9355.0.html ), didn't want to necro that thread. But def want to say thanks again for everyone who makes this place feel Alive. Feels good, man.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Warmsignal

« Reply #15591 on: February 25, 2021, 07:30:24 pm »
In case anybody else was wanting to know....

« Reply #15592 on: February 25, 2021, 08:20:37 pm »

I don't think pro skateboarding is a thing in real life anymore, I often wonder if younger people will even know what pro skateboarding is about anymore. or if the younger gamers, would even know how to play a game based off the late 1990's pro skateboarding circuit. Strange that Tony Hawk himself was 31 years of age when he got his vary first Tony Hawk Pro Skater game released back in 1999.

Tony Hawk is 52 years old as of this post

birthday according to google
May 12, 1968
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #15593 on: February 25, 2021, 11:59:01 pm »

I don't think pro skateboarding is a thing in real life anymore, I often wonder if younger people will even know what pro skateboarding is about anymore. or if the younger gamers, would even know how to play a game based off the late 1990's pro skateboarding circuit. Strange that Tony Hawk himself was 31 years of age when he got his vary first Tony Hawk Pro Skater game released back in 1999.

Tony Hawk is 52 years old as of this post

birthday according to google
May 12, 1968

It is. You just dont see spotlighted like it was back in the day

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15594 on: February 28, 2021, 11:41:07 am »
I'm a pro now! Thanks, VGCollect.

pzeke

« Reply #15595 on: March 02, 2021, 08:29:55 am »

Yeah, I came accross a seller from Germany on eBay that was selling those and they had a cartridge instead of a code—I was too busy to relay the info, unfortunately. But hey, everything worked out in the end.

I don't think pro skateboarding is a thing in real life anymore, [...]

Pro skateboarding is still very much a thing, and has seen a resurgence in popularity recently, plus the sport was also part of the 2020 Olympics. With meccas like Brazil, Spain, and California, just to name a few, skateboarding won't die anytime soon.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Flashback2012

« Reply #15596 on: March 02, 2021, 11:11:50 am »

That is helpful.  :)

pzeke

« Reply #15597 on: March 03, 2021, 10:08:47 pm »
As of April 1st eBay bucks are coming to an end...or at least the 1% bonus. They state they'll continue to send "bonus offers" to those still in the program, as well as the accumulated points will be extended to a full year before expiring.

Another big brain move by eBay, as far as I'm concerned.

PS: Yeah, I see the irony in the date they chose.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15598 on: March 05, 2021, 02:08:05 pm »
Damn gamers can get salty. I posted in a Facebook group if people think Zelda games could be considered a Metroidvania. People are getting straight pissed that I could even suggest such a thing. It's crazy.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15599 on: March 05, 2021, 05:33:51 pm »
Damn gamers can get salty. I posted in a Facebook group if people think Zelda games could be considered a Metroidvania. People are getting straight pissed that I could even suggest such a thing. It's crazy.

People take this stuff way too seriously.
Folks might need to unplug Ang go outside for a minute. And that’s coming from a gamer from way back.