Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517083 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15735 on: April 28, 2021, 01:18:59 pm »
Just a question: is there any appetite for a dedicated "reviews" thread, where we post our own reviews of games we've played, or is it considered part of the "what games are you playing?" thread and leave it at that?
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

dhaabi

« Reply #15736 on: April 28, 2021, 05:09:29 pm »
Just a question: is there any appetite for a dedicated "reviews" thread, where we post our own reviews of games we've played, or is it considered part of the "what games are you playing?" thread and leave it at that?

People tend to review games they've played at-length in the 52 Games Challenge threads, as well. I'm not so sure if a dedicated review thread is necessary.

Edit: If you were meaning your own thread dedicated to just your reviews: do it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:27:58 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #15737 on: April 28, 2021, 05:50:49 pm »

People tend to review games they've played at-length in the 52 Games Challenge threads, as well. I'm not so sure if a dedicated review thread is necessary.

I did link all the 52 challenge threads together in one thread, you should be able to make your own like call the thread "bunnybear's game reviews" maybe? the moderators and admins are not picky and it's not against the rules so :-\

(HERE IS THE MAIN THREAD TO FIND ALL THE 52 CHALLENGES FROM THE BEGINNING)

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11301.msg186748.html#msg186748
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:54:27 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #15738 on: April 28, 2021, 07:46:56 pm »

There is also the "Recently Completed" thread, but it's kind of been phased out in lieu of the 52 games one.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15739 on: April 28, 2021, 10:20:00 pm »

Man, knock yourself out.
If you want to make a post making reviews, have fun.
That’s what this place is all about. Having fun.

kashell

« Reply #15740 on: April 29, 2021, 09:00:45 am »
Feel free to make a new thread. It gives me another opportunity to plug my website!

pzeke

« Reply #15741 on: May 02, 2021, 10:12:31 am »

mrkonasoni has been posting his reviews/thoughts on games and other video game stuff since he joined, so as turf aptly put it: knock yourself out.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Flashback2012

« Reply #15742 on: May 02, 2021, 11:33:16 am »
With the subjects changing to mowing lawns and not game review posts, I'm guessing no one else does "field research" for the site. :P

pzeke

« Reply #15743 on: May 02, 2021, 04:15:57 pm »
Does anyone else do "field research" for the site? I was looking at the gallery on my phone and I have hundreds of photos of game cases I'll spot in the wild that I'll think are either not listed or are devoid of information. Most are PC games but I have pics of a lot of DS games and such that I found have the bare minimum listed. I usually snap these pics so I can at least get the UPCs for the games.

I just cleaned out a bunch of pictures and there's images for at least a dozen games that don't have entries yet.  :(  :o

That's what I used to do back when I joined up until a year or so ago after losing interest. Knock yourself out editing whatever entry you deem needs it. This database is a user-driven endeavor after all.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15744 on: May 02, 2021, 07:17:32 pm »
That's what I used to do back when I joined up until a year or so ago after losing interest. Knock yourself out editing whatever entry you deem needs it. This database is a user-driven endeavor after all.

I'm coming up on 21K edits since I joined. I think the only people with more are Trip and Silverbow.  :P

I can see the burnout occurring because there is SO MUCH data that needs to be filled in on existing entries not to mention the stuff out there that's yet to be entered.  :o

pzeke

« Reply #15745 on: May 03, 2021, 07:01:43 pm »
Here's a gem that was shared with me a couple of days ago. It's a long and boring story, but for context, this person was having problems during checkout and messaged the seller about it, specifically stating that it was a recurring issue and that they would be contacting customer support for help. Shortly after they got the following message...

'Murica, bitches!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:17:42 pm by pzeke »

« Reply #15746 on: May 03, 2021, 10:40:11 pm »
Here's a gem that was shared with me a couple of days ago. It's a long and boring story, but for context, this person was having problems during checkout and messaged the seller about it, specifically stating that it was a recurring issue and that they would be contacting customer support for help. Shortly after they got the following message...

'Murica, bitches!

This is america was the best part.

pzeke

« Reply #15747 on: May 04, 2021, 09:37:59 am »
The whole thing was a hot mess, but that was definitely the pièce de résistance. It sucks that there was no build up to it, but starting with such a high note like that still made for an enjoyable read.

« Reply #15748 on: May 04, 2021, 11:11:26 am »
The whole thing was a hot mess, but that was definitely the pièce de résistance. It sucks that there was no build up to it, but starting with such a high note like that still made for an enjoyable read.

Definitely. Makes me wonder who the seller is and their grandiose stand towards this buyer.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15749 on: May 04, 2021, 12:56:27 pm »
Saw that there was a sale on Square Enix's website.

Final Fantasy Origins on PS1 immediately caught my attention. I go to buy it, and it says you have to be put on a waiting list.

...helluva sale  ::)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:19:04 pm by burningdoom »