Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517172 times)

sworddude

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15765 on: May 22, 2021, 04:49:47 pm »
I’ve been watching disc only copies of Rogue Squadron 2 on eBay.
Well, I made a couple of offers on one for $10 and $12 that the dude wouldn’t accept. He wanted $20.
Well, no one bid on his auction. I won the auction for $1.04. Should’ve taken the offer.
Point, Ole Papa Turf.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #15766 on: May 25, 2021, 09:45:29 am »
Man, I really miss the days of walking into a GameStop and the place being just full wall to wall with games, and you could pick up just about anything current gen you were looking for at almost any location. It was a truly cool experience and probably the last time anything like that will ever happen in a retail environment, ever again, as physical media dies out. Going into one of their stores is such a drag now. There's relatively little games to be found there, and they most likely don't have the one you're hoping to pick up. It's also apparent how much less business the stores get now, compared to then. It's a ghost town, and nobody is browsing the trinkets. That stuff is a total waste. People come in looking for games, can't find them, and leave. Sad state of affairs.

« Reply #15767 on: May 25, 2021, 11:30:50 am »
Man, I really miss the days of walking into a GameStop and the place being just full wall to wall with games, and you could pick up just about anything current gen you were looking for at almost any location. It was a truly cool experience and probably the last time anything like that will ever happen in a retail environment, ever again, as physical media dies out. Going into one of their stores is such a drag now. There's relatively little games to be found there, and they most likely don't have the one you're hoping to pick up. It's also apparent how much less business the stores get now, compared to then. It's a ghost town, and nobody is browsing the trinkets. That stuff is a total waste. People come in looking for games, can't find them, and leave. Sad state of affairs.

Their stores have turned to giant loot boxes with the amount of toys and merchandise that they as oppose to games. I will say in the last year or so that I have gone to Gamestop less and less. It feels empty now and atleast for me, I used to have good time going to a nearby one to browse and usually come out with a few things. Not the case anymore.

kashell

« Reply #15768 on: May 25, 2021, 02:18:00 pm »
I don't stop into Game Stops as much as I used to, but the last couple of times I did I left with at least one game. But, it's true that their stores aren't what they used to be. It feels like walking into a cheap toy store instead of a store focused only on games. Fortunately, there are a couple of retro game stores near me (anomalies, really) that are still going strong.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15769 on: May 25, 2021, 06:14:13 pm »
I got attacked by a toilet, today.

I go to use the bathroom at work and find water all over the floor. So I open the back of the toilet to see what's going on and a stream of black water sprays me down. Everyone found it pretty amusing.

But I did get out of work a little early to go clean-up, so there's that at least.

kashell

« Reply #15770 on: May 25, 2021, 06:17:17 pm »
Oh my. That is quite disgusting. Yay for leaving work early, I suppose?

covfefe2020

« Reply #15771 on: June 01, 2021, 10:54:15 am »
At gamestop you can either get rick and morty t shirts, dragon ball z candies, or a full price original xbox one. I got all of my original gba games there and its sad to see their retro stuff go online only. At least they still have the ds game sections where I go.

Anyway. I´m about to recieve a Game boy advance e-Reader from my cousin, he has had it sitting around for a few years and never uses it. From there I will go through the ordeal of figuring out how to print the cards because the eon ticket is $99 and theres no way latios is worth that. .
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:56:32 am by covfefe2020 »
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15772 on: June 01, 2021, 11:25:47 am »
Oh my. That is quite disgusting. Yay for leaving work early, I suppose?

Have to look on the bright side of things.  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15773 on: June 03, 2021, 04:00:56 am »
The biggest thing about the N64 that had me selling mine and not looking back was that damn controller. I hate it.

I recently got the Retro fighters Dreamcast controller, and love it. Seen here:

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-StrikerDC-Dreamcast-Controller-Sega/dp/B0891L7RYY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=dreamcast+retro+fighter+controller&qid=1622707240&s=videogames&sr=1-3

I've learned that they also made an N64 one. So I think I might be taking the plunge into another mainstream console when I get the extra cash. Hopefully the controller can change my attitude towards the N64 and give me some good games in the process. Here's the link to the N64 controller:

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-Brawler64-Next-Controller-Game/dp/B078KHKHPX

doafan

« Reply #15774 on: June 03, 2021, 08:16:55 am »
The biggest thing about the N64 that had me selling mine and not looking back was that damn controller. I hate it.

Have been trying to sell mine without any luck, already sold all the games that I had for it but it seems that nobody cares about that damn Cruis'n USA.

Holly shit, kinda expensive but gotta love the design, honestly I don't have any issue with the original design but wouldn't mind to have one of this as well  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Warmsignal

« Reply #15775 on: June 03, 2021, 04:51:50 pm »
You guys are freaking psycho. N64 is top notch and Cruis'n USA is ACE.

That stuff is probably the last in my collection I'd ever come to part with.

doafan

« Reply #15776 on: June 03, 2021, 05:42:53 pm »
Got a Wii a couple of weeks ago, right now I don't have so much free time but I do plan in releasing "the true power" of this console, that way I can play again Mario 64, Smash, Mario Kart and even Cruis'n but with a Game Cube controller  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #15777 on: June 03, 2021, 06:50:47 pm »

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-StrikerDC-Dreamcast-Controller-Sega/dp/B0891L7RYY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=dreamcast+retro+fighter+controller&qid=1622707240&s=videogames&sr=1-3

I've learned that they also made an N64 one. So I think I might be taking the plunge into another mainstream console when I get the extra cash. Hopefully the controller can change my attitude towards the N64 and give me some good games in the process. Here's the link to the N64 controller:

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-Brawler64-Next-Controller-Game/dp/B078KHKHPX

yes the retro brawlers brand Nintendo 64 controller is an excellent game controller for almost all racing games for the N64, but it kind of sucks when it comes down to both 3rd and 1st person shooter video games. I would not recommend it for a game like Duke Nukem 64 or Duke Nukem Zero hour.

Because, just like the off brand normal Nintendo 64 controllers it hard to aim with the joystick because the game is too sensitive, trying to aim straight to defeat enemies in most FPS and 3rd PS games can be quite a challenge.

and Duke Nukem Zero Hour is an EXTREMLY difficult Nintendo 64 game to play even with a standard controller with spot on sensitivity

(edit) I don't there is another preset that lets you change the control scheme to move and aim with the d-pad I know you can't use the d-pad for all + movement only side to side or to aim up and down on Duke Nukem 64 I know
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 06:53:11 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #15778 on: June 03, 2021, 07:03:16 pm »

Love the Nintendo 64 it's my favorite Nintendo console of all time followed by the Nintendo GameCube as my 2nd favorite Nintendo game console of all time.

A lot of people depend on Nintendo 64 ROM' site for the games now. but those people are going to be sorry if the gaming industry cracks down on piracy, the way the gaming industry has become I'm surprised  you can even still download free ROMS. Retro is dead, and anyone is crazy to sell there own Nintendo 64 cartridge's because they don't and they won't ever make those games ever again. and Nintendo just might hammer down piracy and force people into buying a Switch or something else to enjoy those games with.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15779 on: June 03, 2021, 07:26:44 pm »

Love the Nintendo 64 it's my favorite Nintendo console of all time followed by the Nintendo GameCube as my 2nd favorite Nintendo game console of all time.

A lot of people depend on Nintendo 64 ROM' site for the games now. but those people are going to be sorry if the gaming industry cracks down on piracy, the way the gaming industry has become I'm surprised  you can even still download free ROMS. Retro is dead, and anyone is crazy to sell there own Nintendo 64 cartridge's because they don't and they won't ever make those games ever again. and Nintendo just might hammer down piracy and force people into buying a Switch or something else to enjoy those games with.

Nintendo can try as hard as they want. You can’t scrub anything from the internet. If you want anything, you just have to look.