Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517140 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »
Yeah...thinking about it, it doesn't really matter to me if it's in "general" or if it's in "off-topic".

Maybe if/when we move it to "off-topic"; we could re-name it something that I like better than my original title...like..."Collector's Corner"?!

Also, sure, I agree w/ everyone just using their common sense to avoid religious/political arguments, etc.
Actually, more along the lines of what desocietas said, like a "social"/"chat"-type of community thread.

@Soera:

What was Advent Children & The Spirits Within about?

I have NO idea why the movie was called Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It had absolutely zero correlation with any Final Fantasy game. It took place on a damn space station or something! I had no idea what I was watching! I kept asking myself, "Where are the swords?! Where are the epic battles?!"

Advent Children was cool though.

soera

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 03:36:08 pm »
I have NO idea why the movie was called Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It had absolutely zero correlation with any Final Fantasy game. It took place on a damn space station or something! I had no idea what I was watching!

That fits the movie exactly. Advent Children, however, has a lot to do with the game. I would recommend that movie to anyone who likes FF7 in any form.

As far as Xbox discussions, I loathe that system but so many people like it that I simply dont talk about it cause one of us gets frustrated and pissed off.

foxhack

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »
As far as Xbox discussions, I loathe that system but so many people like it that I simply dont talk about it cause one of us gets frustrated and pissed off.
Hey, just like me with the N64.

soera

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »
Dont worry, I absolutely loathe the N64 too.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:59 am »
***Welcome To The Site:***

*****KASHELL*****
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:17 am »
So, I've been seeing quite a few "Code of princess" games recently added to people's collections here.

Anyone playing it yet?

What do you think of it?

What (other games) is it like?

Think it'd be playable one-handed?

On another note - I received shipping-confirmation from NIS America yesterday stating that my pre-ordered/LE copies of Mugen Souls are on their way...

While NIS America *is* one of my favorites - it *is* somewhat disappointing that those who pre-ordered (here in the USA, at least) the game are getting it *after* those who just strolled into a game store & picked up a copy and/or pre-ordered it from places like Gamestop.

Oh well, I hear that the "art-book" that's included w/ the GS "pre-order package" is just the liner of the OST package w/ like 4 or 5 images on it.

So, I'll take my solace in the superior "LooT" & "extras" that will be arriving w/ my LE's :)

To be honest, I probably need 3-5 more days to knock-out the rest of Cross Edge's post-game before I'll actually start *playing* it anyway...

jcalder8

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
So, I've been seeing quite a few "Code of princess" games recently added to people's collections here.

Anyone playing it yet?

What do you think of it?

On another note - I received shipping-confirmation from NIS America yesterday stating that my pre-ordered/LE copies of Mugen Souls are on their way...

While NIS America *is* one of my favorites - it *is* somewhat disappointing that those who pre-ordered (here in the USA, at least) the game are getting it *after* those who just strolled into a game store & picked up a copy and/or pre-ordered it from places like Gamestop.

Oh well, I hear that the "art-book" that's included w/ the GS "pre-order package" is just the liner of the OST package w/ like 4 or 5 images on it.

So, I'll take my solace in the superior "LooT" & "extras" that will be arriving w/ my LE's :)

To be honest, I probably need 3-5 more days to knock-out the rest of Cross Edge's post-game before I'll actually start *playing* it anyway...
Isn't this better served in it's own topic? Then everyone who is interested in the game will be able to talk about it?

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 11:29:00 am »

Anyone playing it yet?

What do you think of it?

*nudges http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,1917.msg19179.html towards you*  ;)

I responded to you on the other thread so as to keep that thread about CoP.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, 11:35:21 am »

Anyone playing it yet?

What do you think of it?

Isn't this better served in it's own topic? Then everyone who is interested in the game will be able to talk about it?

Well, yeah...if I didn't want to also talk about other topics that would have been completely off-topic in a CoP topic :P

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, 08:36:50 pm »
I'm going out of town tomorrow to a Children's Miracle Network 24-hour gaming marathon on Saturday morning, and I'll be on the retro team, and I'll be bringing NES, SNES, and Atari 2600 games. I've raised $160ish in donations! I'm so excited!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 10:10:07 am »
I'm going out of town tomorrow to a Children's Miracle Network 24-hour gaming marathon on Saturday morning, and I'll be on the retro team, and I'll be bringing NES, SNES, and Atari 2600 games. I've raised $160ish in donations! I'm so excited!

NICE!!!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 10:33:12 am »

Pat the NES Punk is doing his 24 hour NES Marathon this weekend too.  He is raising money for Child's Play.  It's a charity that buys games and toys for children's hospitals.  Check it out at nesmarathon.com

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 04:57:24 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

...To Me :P

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/19/disgaea-dimension-2-warps-to-playstation-3-in-2013/

Hearing this *4* days before my B-Day...got me *really* excited (and, I haven't "done"/been *really* excited about a game in ages :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 05:21:27 pm »
Heh -

I just noticed that the article/comments weren't specific about what this is...

...it's an HD, PS3 sequel to the original Disgaea game (Afternoon of Darkness) w/ the same main characters (Laharl, Etna, Flonne, etc); supposedly picking up where D1 left-off!

jobocan

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:02 am »

Pat the NES Punk is doing his 24 hour NES Marathon this weekend too.  He is raising money for Child's Play.  It's a charity that buys games and toys for children's hospitals.  Check it out at nesmarathon.com .

Oh damn, I forgot about that, usually I watch his marathons and donate a bit... might have to follow whatever remains of it.