Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516923 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16020 on: November 23, 2021, 09:12:43 pm »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:57:10 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #16021 on: November 24, 2021, 08:15:33 am »
If there's a drought with new releases I usually replay old favorites until something interesting pops up.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16022 on: November 24, 2021, 10:49:08 am »
I was looking at getting a PS5 the other day.  Then, I started looking at all the PS4 games I missed. There’s a ton that I never got around to playing them. Now, those PS4 games are cheap!  I’m into this!

« Reply #16023 on: November 24, 2021, 06:16:09 pm »
I was looking at getting a PS5 the other day.  Then, I started looking at all the PS4 games I missed. There’s a ton that I never got around to playing them. Now, those PS4 games are cheap!  I’m into this!

The PS5 is the best PS4 available hands down, now that might sound a bit sarcastic.. but I really mean it. I'm super happy they included backwards compatibility.

« Reply #16024 on: November 25, 2021, 08:15:38 am »
It's funny.  For me, this month has seen me buying more games than Ive bought in years.  Possibly more than I've bought since becoming a parent or a homeowner.

I had to dump my coinbase funds to make me feel better about how much I spent.  I need to post in the pickups thread at some point

telekill

« Reply #16025 on: November 25, 2021, 06:03:03 pm »
I finished up my brother's Christmas gift. I made him one of the shadowboxes I've been doing but for his favorite series... Destiny. For the timeline, it lists all the major DLCs that have dropped as well as customized to his character wearing his favorite armor and favorite sparrow behind. I built it to display where his character was light level wise as well as the class. It also has his PSN username as it would display in Destiny but I blocked it out for posting online. You can check out all my shadowboxes including the Destiny one in my gallery here on VGCollect:

https://vgcollect.com/gallery/Telekill

tpugmire

« Reply #16026 on: November 27, 2021, 07:23:53 pm »
Those shadow boxes are pretty legit, you ever thought of making them to sell?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Warmsignal

« Reply #16027 on: November 29, 2021, 11:39:55 pm »
I almost never order any games from Amazon, but because some publishers only sell their products there such as ININ, I made an exception. Have to say it's a first time for me, receiving a "brand new" copy that was empty. Someone had clearly already broken the seal. When it opened it up, there's no game. I wonder if they're even going to believe me?

I mean, who the f*** steals a copy of Umihara Kawase Bazooka!? People suck. Pay for your damn games, you cheap schmucks it's not even a full price title.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16028 on: December 08, 2021, 05:46:32 pm »
My cat has cancer. He's had 3 skin lumps now, and on this 3rd one they told us its too aggressive, that there's no point in removing it. He has anywhere from 2 months to 2 years left.  :'(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16029 on: December 15, 2021, 05:58:19 pm »
Just so y’all know, I miss you silly fools.
I’ve been crazy busy lately and barely touch the interwebs.

Hope everyone is doing pretty well.

If I don’t talk to y’all before

Merry Christmas!

tripredacus

« Reply #16030 on: December 16, 2021, 12:26:36 pm »
I wanted to post about this someplace but the pickup thread didn't seem appropriate. When I was going through stuff in my basement I came across something I bought last year at a thrift store but had left it in my car and then when I cleaned my car it ended up in the basement. It is this PC version of Shadowrun Returns Boston Lockdown:
https://vgcollect.com/item/178033

Now this has a disc inside and a code card for steam. In my experience, buying PC games with code cards that are loose like this are usually not going to do anything. But this one was an exception apparently, I figured, why not try putting the code into steam and see what happens. Well guess what, it actually worked. There's a first time for everything.

The interesting thing is that there was a hand-written note inside the game case that said the game was "not compatible with our CPU" and either they never actually tried to put the code in, or perhaps they did and got a refund.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16031 on: December 20, 2021, 03:40:42 pm »
Got my wife tickets to Pennywise and Rise Against for Christmas! Can't wait to give it to her.

Had to sell a couple gaming its to pay for it so she couldn't track thr bank account (a GameCube Action Replay, G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor for NES, and a small stack of Retro Gamer issues).

tpugmire

« Reply #16032 on: December 20, 2021, 10:54:54 pm »
Nice, I saw Pennywise back in the day, 20ish years ago.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #16033 on: December 21, 2021, 09:17:45 pm »
Whos starting 52 games for 2022... i need to get on that page one!!!!

« Reply #16034 on: December 22, 2021, 08:36:53 am »
I'm still hoping to get at least 1 or 2 more done this year.