Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597373 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »
Happy Birthday htimreimer!...well belated :) ...

As for raising the smoking age from 18 to keep underage.. it wouldn't stop them.. You still have theiving cigeratte smokers.. when I was 14 I remember being peer pressured into stealing ciggerattes with my friends(thinking back they weren't my friends really...) smoking with them (didn't like it remember it made me feel really green) did I smoke after that.. well no I stopped smoking when I left those friends when they where finally caught stealing from the store that had easy access to those ciggerattes (I mean where anyone could get them and pocket level so you could swipe it really quick into your pocket) picked the habbit up again at 19 and in the militery(You get a break for being a smoker) and smoked on and off from there..

As for the canadians having an army... An army where they can grow a beard... or maybe that was the officers.. when i went training with them once there where two things I noticed.. Beards and the best food out in the field that you could ever have..
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

scott

« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2013, 12:58:58 am »
I think I've graduated to the next tier of Pyro skill level in TF2 tonight. I was beast today, and ended up on the top 3 of my team the last 5 matches I played, with a couple top spot honors. And I was playing on my normal server where I always seem to be hit or miss.

Now if only I could get up to the level of consistency I had back in my Halo 2 PvP days. Though, its pretty sweet watching a Soldier panic when one of their rockets comes flying back at them. But demoman grenades are a totally different story.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2013, 03:26:38 pm »
REJOICE, FOR SCOTT HAS FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO PRESS THE SECOND MOUSE BUTTON!

scott

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »
pfft. I never truly ran around puffing flame willy nilly. :P

I always tried using my Shotgun out of range of my Flamethrower. AND even when I was using the Backburner I was always attempted to flank and sneak up on enemy positions. And I would airblast in order to get people away from me.

But now, I use the stock Flamethrower. Juggle people, reflect rockets/grenades, protect points, extinguish people (who don't run away), flank and various other things.

The only thing I don't do is puff 'n sting. But that's because I mainly carry the Homewrecker for dealing with sappers and enemy buildings.  8)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #304 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:21 am »
I agree. I think alcohol and cigarettes should both be illegal if marijuana is illegal.

I see your point...but...we saw what happened (well in history books/old movies) when Mr. Al Co. Hol was made illegal in the past...

Just 'cause I (sometimes:) like to be "that guy"...I'll add my own (admittedly not popular/well-received) opinion to the mix...and say that I think the U.S. needs to just...fucking...legalize *EVERYTHING* already.

Look at our fucking debt & economy...

...yet...we keep throwing *Billions* away on our "War on Drugs".

(Well past) time to give up & raise the white flag on that one; don't ya' think?!

There's just as much (if not more) illegal drug sales now as there was when we started this war.

People die from "bad/impure" 'cuts' the dealers use as 'filler' to dilute & add to what they're selling.

Well, damnit...legalize it all, monitor *AND* ("sin") *TAX* it all...all that money = less od's/deaths from dangerous chemicals, etc...take the wind out of a lot of street/gang violence/violent crime (no need for them when you can get it cheaper, safer, and legally:) AND add to that ALL of the $ we're no longer throwing away on the "war on drugs"...face it - we lost it...face it...we'll *Never* win it  :o

Not to mention that Prescription Meds are now (iirc) the (one of the) fastest-growing & most abused drugs, anyways.

So, we have legal "heroin" (pretty much, any opiate drugs),
legal benzo's (Xanax & Valium),
legal "speed"/amphetamines (Focalin, diet pills, ADHD meds/Ritalin, etc),
legal "pot" (If it's *really* worth the trouble for ya' to jump through this state's hoops to get it),
and, yep...believe it or not...we also already have legal & pharmeceutical-grade cocaine!
(-not even counting the abuseable anesthetic-type of abuseable drugs (which was legally obtained & killed michael Jackson).

What a joke...*I* know how many doctors, nurses, pharmecists/techs, drug co reps/sales-people, manufacturing, ATF, DEA agents, cops, etc end up in rehabs...(Hint - they just go to their "own" where they can only mingle amongst their "own kind"...

...What I'm getting at is that w/ the supply of illegal "legal" drugs slipping through these "legal" cracks...why do we keep throwing our $ away on this?!

/rant

/my 2 cents  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #305 on: January 24, 2013, 10:25:18 am »
I agree disgaeniac, lets start a mass intervention on the united states.. move to Texas claim Ourselves a country and then start the legalizing! oh we have to become good friends with Japan for entertainment, and technology imports....
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2013, 10:55:29 am »
I agree disgaeniac, lets start a mass intervention on the united states.. move to Texas claim Ourselves a country and then start the legalizing! oh we have to become good friends with Japan for entertainment, and technology imports....

No idea wtf you're saying here :)

« Reply #307 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:50 am »
well an Intervention to stop the United States taking control of everything.. Texas is actually big enough to be its own country and is the only state that can become a country from what I've heard... Then of course making good with Japan means entertainments (import of games we don't get to play, movies and animes too... then of course with technology you can't leave out mass cloning.. pew pew lasers, and sabers that go wuwuaaaaa and ships that go rueeeewwwwww...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2013, 12:08:46 pm »
well an Intervention to stop the United States taking control of everything.. Texas is actually big enough to be its own country and is the only state that can become a country from what I've heard... Then of course making good with Japan means entertainments (import of games we don't get to play, movies and animes too... then of course with technology you can't leave out mass cloning.. pew pew lasers, and sabers that go wuwuaaaaa and ships that go rueeeewwwwww...

oooh-kay; gotcha' :)

Didn't realize you weren't American :P
Where are you from, btw?

If "size-matters" is your criteria for a state being big enough to be its own country...shouldn't you also list Alaska?!

Drat :(

Forgot to use my "prohibition going over like gangbusters" joke, before  :o

Also forgot to mention/include the $ thrown away on housing non-violent, 1st time offenders in jails (over-crowding...and hey...speaking from personal experience here...most/Many of these 1st-timers are subjected/exposed to much worse things/punishments than, what, IMHO, 'fit-their crimes' - you *need* to be big, strong, brave, and/or...*connected*...to come out of these places w/o being broken; aside)...

...iirc, in my state (NJ) it's ~$30,000 - $40,000 per year/per inmate.

Now, $30,000 - $40,000 is probably a "High-low-end" to a "moderate-medium-end" average annual salary for single workers in my state (base salaries)...see where I'm going w/ this?

An important part of fighting a war is not continuing to fight it after you've already lost it: me

« Reply #309 on: January 24, 2013, 01:14:40 pm »
just a person living in Texas... I was really meaning Texas is the only country I know of that can secession from the united States... sits on one-quarter of the nation’s oil reserves and one-third of the nation’s natural gas reserves. Even more, fully 95% of the country receives its oil and gas courtesy of pipelines that originate within Texas. This is what one might call leverage. and their is more below.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/13/secession-yall-why-texas-can-pull-it-off/#ixzz2IuwaOZBf

I was kinda jesting the idea because I've heard how many people who do not wish to be apart of the US because of alot of issues that seem to be apart of it.. The Other being is that Japan is one of my favorite countries and so making a pact with them technology, being some of the amazing stuff I've seen. plus If you want Alaska you can try and work that battle..but I don't think it would stand an ultimate chance..... Of course Independence of Texas use to be bigger eh I'm reaching now....

desocietas

« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2013, 01:50:07 pm »
disgaeniac, congrats on the 666 items ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2013, 01:50:49 pm »
Nah, don't get me wrong - I love me some Japanese games, animes, etc, too :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2013, 01:53:04 pm »
disgaeniac, congrats on the 666 items ;)

Yeah, thanks :P

I'm doing a "Scott" / "Sora" by letting it hover there before adding anything else...Once it starts feeling too *creepy*...I'll add some other things :)

« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »
it would have been awesome if you add Devil May Cry, one of the Persona, or the Shin Megami Tensei series for the 666 :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2013, 04:36:06 pm »
it would have been awesome if you add Devil May Cry, one of the Persona, or the Shin Megami Tensei series for the 666 :)

Heh - you're right...didn't even think of that ;)

Looks like you'll be there before long, too!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:37:43 pm by disgaeniac »