Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1595195 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »
I could say something pervy ... but I wont.

My favorite is the blue one!

foxhack

« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2013, 06:52:01 pm »
Slurpees. Ew. The idea is nice but it's just too syrupy. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2013, 07:29:17 pm »
^ Slurpees are awesome! But only real Slurpees. They're smoother and have this soda-like bubbly to it. The knock-off ones at other gas stations are never as good.

jcalder8

« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2013, 12:25:58 am »
^ Slurpees are awesome! But only real Slurpees. They're smoother and have this soda-like bubbly to it. The knock-off ones at other gas stations are never as good.
Damn right!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2013, 02:02:14 am »
Damn right!

I used to spend hours as a kid at the 7-11 at the front of our neighborhood sipping on Slurpees while playing Street Fighter II: World Warriors, Combatribes, and the last game they had there: The Punisher. As well as reading comics & gaming magazines off the rack and eating chili dogs. We likely would have been run off anywhere else, but me and my friends were probably half of their income, lol. And one of the teenage guys that worked there would school us in metal.

...great memories of a childhood wasted in the 80s & 90s.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:04:30 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2013, 09:26:36 pm »
I remember going to 7-11 for slurpies and then off to the pool or hanging with a friend outside the store...
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

ko1ru

« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:58 pm »
What is your favorite type of slurpee?

Mine is Coke or Pepsi if they don't have coke.

Mine is Cherry on the bottom w/ Coke on top. Then more Cherry ha.

^ YES!

scott

« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »
Great minds!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ko1ru

« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2013, 12:43:44 pm »

darko

« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2013, 12:58:03 pm »
Wasn't there something called an Icee? I grew up with those more than Slurpies. I like them because they had Dr Pepper flavor here in OK. I rarely had one though. My mom was very adverse to me eating junk food.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:02:10 pm by darko »

scott

« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2013, 12:59:49 pm »
Ya. My grandparent's party store had Icee. The only problem I had with them was the syrup went to the bottom and if you used a straw, you got more syrup than ice. ha

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2013, 01:56:04 pm »
Yeah, but Icees had that cool spoon/straw thing. A couple of years ago I bought I saw a place selling Icees so I bought one. I remembered them being awesome. It was not.

scott

« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »
The thing is. Now, the gas station across from my work sells "Icee" but all it is is a knock-off Slurpee. Not even the same thing as the crushed ice & syrup thing I remember from my childhood.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »
Wasn't there something called an Icee? I grew up with those more than Slurpies. I like them because they had Dr Pepper flavor here in OK. I rarely had one though. My mom was very adverse to me eating junk food.

Yep, it was just crushed ice and some Kool-Aid like syrup. Sucks compared to the real frosty smooth and bubbly Slurpees at 7-11.

scott

« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:58 am »
Sigh... still no Etrian Odyssey. Ordered it over 10 days ago and its now where to be seen. The seller never gave me tracking and the estimated arrival date isn't even until Feb 8th-March 8th... I wonder if they guy is hand delivering it to my house... on foot.

This is what I get for dealing with an Amazon seller with a slightly less then perfect feedback record? Worst part is, any negatives left by people all pertain to shipping speed. Ha