Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599877 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #540 on: April 15, 2013, 09:49:35 pm »
The PS1 thing was something to do w/ the spindle wearing out, or the PS1 overheating. I think. I'm not exactly sure though, since I never had that problem.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #541 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:59 pm »
Yeah, I loved our PS1 but had never seen or heard of anyone flipping it upside down...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:05 am »
Received e-mail shipping-confirmation this morning that 2 copies of Soul Hackers are on the way...

:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2013, 09:09:27 am »
Yup, I have my copy of Soul Hackers and Pandora's Tower in the mail and out for delivery right now too! This, Super Dungeon Explore stuff and the stuff I am ordering with my change money is gonna make my mail carrier hate me (walking route).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #544 on: April 16, 2013, 09:19:12 am »
Yup, I have my copy of Soul Hackers and Pandora's Tower in the mail and out for delivery right now too! This, Super Dungeon Explore stuff and the stuff I am ordering with my change money is gonna make my mail carrier hate me (walking route).

Scott -

Who did you order/pre-order Soul-Hackers from?

I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop's on-line store...and...I'm not remembering what (if any) pre-order extras/bonuses/swag there may/may not have been  :o

scott

« Reply #545 on: April 16, 2013, 10:14:24 am »
I pre-order 99% of my games through Amazon now a days.

Soul Hackers pre-order bonus was a arranged soundtrack, and I'm guessing it will be shipped in a outer box, similar to Code of Princess.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2013, 12:25:50 pm »
Soul Hackers pre-order bonus was a arranged soundtrack, and I'm guessing it will be shipped in a outer box, similar to Code of Princess.

Yeah - that sounds about right, and makes sense :)

desocietas

« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2013, 12:50:48 pm »

Yeah - that sounds about right, and makes sense :)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this will be the case, too.  I preordered through Amazon as well - if it was a bonus to be given out to limited preorders, I would've done it through Gamestop.  Better guarantee of actually getting the bonus rather than waiting the few days from Amazon to see if I was one of the lucky few.

UPDATE: Atlus just posted on FB about the bonus, calling it a "first-run only" bonus.  So any launch copies should have the included soundtrack, like Code of Princess.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:52:50 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #548 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:10 pm »
While I *LOVE* my home state (N.J. (and living in it)) -and- this is coming from someone who has (at various different times & ages in my life) spent considerable amounts of time living in different states all over the country (I've lived in the NE, SE, SW, and mid-west); who...while away from N.J., would always find myself missing aspects of Jersey and/or counting-down the time and *eagerly* looking forward to being able to get back to living in N.J. again...A.S.A.P. -

*SOMETIMES*

...I just have to say that my beloved state of residence...can...just...*Infuriate* me, *Disappoint* me, and -worst of all- just make me ashamed of some of their (the people "running" the state/state-governmnent) ideas, choices, decisions, blindness, and stupidity.

/mini-rant!

Just had to vent a bit...see link below to see what's got me currently pissed-off at 'em.

I mean, it would be different *IF* we were a state that had just been ravaged by some bitch named "Sandy", causing *BILLIONS* of dollars in damages -and- creating a glut of newly homeless people & families...oh...wait...and had nothing better or more important to invest time, study, help, and resources into  :o

http://www.gamespot.com//news/nj-task-force-recommends-game-regulation-6407035?

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

*E.D.I.T.*

@Redblaze -

Had you already seen/heard anything about this bullshit?!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:39:06 pm by disgaeniac »

soera

« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2013, 02:46:20 pm »
Isn't that the exact reason games already have a rating on them? If a child under the recommended age gets the game, its not the fault of other gamers ... its the fault of parents/relatives/friends/etc. To add a regulation to laws about games is silly. These are the same groups who think that people who listen to Metallica and Slayer and others are destined to in life to be murderers and psychopaths. That anyone who watches documentaries on History channel about cults and satanic rituals are in turn going to perform those same details themselves. Its paranoia, plain and simple. The world is honestly full of people who have no idea of anything outside of their closed world and cant spend a single moment to understand another point of view or even try to imagine there is something other than what they know and believe in.

foxhack

« Reply #550 on: April 16, 2013, 03:01:50 pm »
But I am seriously confused about 18. Did a lot of people break the door latch or something.
Uh...

Early PS1 models overheated, and that tended to melt down the plastic around the lens and CD motor, which made the system have trouble reading discs. Turning the system on its side or upside down made it work.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #551 on: April 16, 2013, 03:02:52 pm »
Isn't that the exact reason games already have a rating on them? If a child under the recommended age gets the game, its not the fault of other gamers ... its the fault of parents/relatives/friends/etc. To add a regulation to laws about games is silly. These are the same groups who think that people who listen to Metallica and Slayer and others are destined to in life to be murderers and psychopaths. That anyone who watches documentaries on History channel about cults and satanic rituals are in turn going to perform those same details themselves. Its paranoia, plain and simple. The world is honestly full of people who have no idea of anything outside of their closed world and cant spend a single moment to understand another point of view or even try to imagine there is something other than what they know and believe in.

Well said -and- I agree!

ko1ru

« Reply #552 on: April 16, 2013, 04:16:31 pm »
... Its paranoia, plain and simple. The world is honestly full of people who have no idea of anything outside of their closed world and cant spend a single moment to understand another point of view or even try to imagine there is something other than what they know and believe in.

Well said -and- I agree!

Well said indeed.

pacpix

« Reply #553 on: April 16, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
... Its paranoia, plain and simple. The world is honestly full of people who have no idea of anything outside of their closed world and cant spend a single moment to understand another point of view or even try to imagine there is something other than what they know and believe in.

Well said -and- I agree!

Well said indeed.

This
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #554 on: April 16, 2013, 09:51:12 pm »
I'm an officially official home owner! Got the keys to the house, and promptly bought a new lock set for the door. Haha.