Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517314 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #765 on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
both computer crashed at home at the same time and didn't have internet for 3 months at work... But I am back and will be updating all the new games I've gotten. Also I found out what was wrong with the Zaxxon Arcade Cabinet I have The CRT is blown pretty much and will need another 19" this was all thanks to Player 1 video games in directing me to the right person. was thinking of using lcd screen instead of the crt so It will weight less :)
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

soera

« Reply #766 on: June 11, 2013, 05:56:10 pm »
Im tired. I started Saturday washing my kids' carpet to see if I can get the stench/grossness out ... after spending all day Saturday working on it and nothing, I convinced my landlord to let me get new carpet. Monday the carpet arrived as well as a new pad. I ripped out all the old stuff and tore their room down to nothing but 4 walls. I fixed every hole I could physically see and set out to buy some paint. Got a weird color that my son likes (looks like calamine lotion) and painted the entire room ... repadded and carpeted the room and put all their stuff back. Now they have a brand new room but Im beat!

desocietas

« Reply #767 on: June 11, 2013, 06:12:01 pm »
Im tired. I started Saturday washing my kids' carpet to see if I can get the stench/grossness out ... after spending all day Saturday working on it and nothing, I convinced my landlord to let me get new carpet. Monday the carpet arrived as well as a new pad. I ripped out all the old stuff and tore their room down to nothing but 4 walls. I fixed every hole I could physically see and set out to buy some paint. Got a weird color that my son likes (looks like calamine lotion) and painted the entire room ... repadded and carpeted the room and put all their stuff back. Now they have a brand new room but Im beat!

Congrats! I bet it looks great!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #768 on: June 11, 2013, 06:33:23 pm »

Painting sucks. I get real nervous every time my wife starts wanting to go to Home Depot. It means I'm planting or painting something.

scott

« Reply #769 on: June 11, 2013, 07:29:35 pm »
I did home improvement all weekend too. Which is why I now have like 300 posts to catch up on.

When I was cutting the grass the other day I went up near the front of the house. While looking down watching where I was pushing I saw some of that plastic landscaping border popping up from under the ground. So Friday after work I took home a shovel and started trying to scrape the dirt away from it.

It was all there and laid out in a nice shape. So I got the bright idea to dig up the dirt and weeds that had overgrown it and fill it in w/ stone. So we spent part of Saturday, and all of Sunday digging dirt. Then I went and bought some stone to fill it, my GF's nieghbor had some flowers from her garden that she was thinning out and gave her for free. And I moved some other plants from a falling apart planter to it. I even managed to get some large rocks from around the yard to put in there too. And now the front of the house looks much nicer.

But, I didn't do my math correctly and shorted myself on stone. So next weekend I need to buy a little bit more to fill in where you can still see the weed fabric.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #770 on: June 11, 2013, 08:57:52 pm »

Congrats! I bet it looks great!

Ill probably take pics of it soon. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #771 on: June 14, 2013, 01:15:23 pm »
I teach a computer class for disabled adults looking for job skills. Basic stuff like typing, how to use the internet and email, word processing, and making cover letters and resumes.

They are a lot like kids in many aspects. So on Fridays, as a reward, I give them free time as long as they work well for me during the rest of the week.

I had recently brought in some games for free time, and among them was the Sega Smash Pack.

I just wanted to share, that right now, one of my clients is playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the first time. And it's amazing to watch him. He's having an absolute blast! He's got a grin from ear-to-ear and he is very verbal and expressive as he's playing. Wish my phone could do video right now to share. I may have just created a new gamer.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #772 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:29 pm »
I teach a computer class for disabled adults looking for job skills. Basic stuff like typing, how to use the internet and email, word processing, and making cover letters and resumes.

They are a lot like kids in many aspects. So on Fridays, as a reward, I give them free time as long as they work well for me during the rest of the week.

I had recently brought in some games for free time, and among them was the Sega Smash Pack.

I just wanted to share, that right now, one of my clients is playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the first time. And it's amazing to watch him. He's having an absolute blast! He's got a grin from ear-to-ear and he is very verbal and expressive as he's playing. Wish my phone could do video right now to share. I may have just created a new gamer.

That's Awesome!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

sin2beta

« Reply #773 on: June 14, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »

That is great! I used to teach (just quit about 2 weeks ago at the end of the school year). And when I was just starting out I worked for a before and after school program. There was a group of kindergarteners that discovered the sonic mega collection on gamecube. They played either sonic 1 or sonic 2 every day for basically the entire year. They got really good at it too!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

sin2beta

« Reply #774 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:42 pm »
So, I've been playing a lot of compilation discs on the original xbox lately. Has anyone heard the song played in the Intellivision Lives! collection?

"And now I'm bleeding from this incision... I really want my Intellivision... And so I sit here without ambition... I really need my intellivision"

Man, this song is SO weird.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #775 on: June 15, 2013, 10:50:18 am »
That is the most 80's thing I've seen/heard today, and I'm wearing a Donkey Kong shirt.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #776 on: June 15, 2013, 01:44:13 pm »
So, I've been playing a lot of compilation discs on the original xbox lately. Has anyone heard the song played in the Intellivision Lives! collection?

"And now I'm bleeding from this incision... I really want my Intellivision... And so I sit here without ambition... I really need my intellivision"

I haven't, but it's been on my wishlist for a long time. I really want to play it. I think the games would actually be better on the collection than in their original form, because that Intellivision controller is just a hand-cramp waiting to happen. My dad used to have one, I couldn't stand the freaking controller as a kid. So unintuitive and uncomfortable.

htimreimer

« Reply #777 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45:56 pm »
i found this song from the early 80s and i can't believe this thing exist but its video game related. what do you guy think of it 

« Reply #778 on: June 15, 2013, 10:51:36 pm »

Holy shit, I've been looking for this for 5 years. "My mother sold mine at a garage sale"

sin2beta

« Reply #779 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:43 pm »
i found this song from the early 80s and i can't believe this thing exist but its video game related. what do you guy think of it 

I actually had just found out about this song as well. I heard it in the "Video Game Years 1978". I had no idea it existed. I knew of the Pac Man Fever song, but not SPace Invaders. It's an interesting piece. Nice!

Just because, here is Pac-man fever...