Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597731 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1935 on: March 23, 2014, 11:33:18 am »
The only thing I love about this, is the fact that a trade-in REQUIRES original packaging. If stores like GS or Best Buy did this, people would stop throwing away game cases.

Apparently BB has just started requiring them.  I've been trading in my games disk-only to BB because most of them I plan on picking back up when they get cheap, and if I end up buying used odds are I'll either find a disk-only copy or a copy with a damaged insert/manual - so since they didn't care, I just kept them.  Went to trade something the other day, and the guy that's been handling my trades told me that their GM just came in and told them they now have to have them.

... but most games these days don't have printed manuals anymore.

...ok?   ???  If it wasn't there to begin with, then I don't care that it's "missing".   :P

I meant: How are they going to require a case and manual when there are no manuals in games anymore? That's a HUGE loophole and enough of a reason to turn folks away.

argyle

« Reply #1936 on: March 23, 2014, 11:42:33 am »
The only thing I love about this, is the fact that a trade-in REQUIRES original packaging. If stores like GS or Best Buy did this, people would stop throwing away game cases.

Apparently BB has just started requiring them.  I've been trading in my games disk-only to BB because most of them I plan on picking back up when they get cheap, and if I end up buying used odds are I'll either find a disk-only copy or a copy with a damaged insert/manual - so since they didn't care, I just kept them.  Went to trade something the other day, and the guy that's been handling my trades told me that their GM just came in and told them they now have to have them.

... but most games these days don't have printed manuals anymore.

...ok?   ???  If it wasn't there to begin with, then I don't care that it's "missing".   :P

I meant: How are they going to require a case and manual when there are no manuals in games anymore? That's a HUGE loophole and enough of a reason to turn folks away.

Ah, I see what you're saying now.  :)  Yeah, and with Wal-Mart employees who know nothing about games, good luck trying to explain to them that the game never had a manual. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1937 on: March 23, 2014, 12:19:35 pm »
Usually there's at least a 2-page manual that has little more than the cover image, safety warnings, and their contact info in games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1938 on: March 23, 2014, 12:20:49 pm »
MAN!

That shit is catchy?!

(Was driving around w/ the girl & that Crazytown song "Butterfly" came on:) - haven't heard it in ages -but- *Again* SO Catchy!

@anruiukimi -

Pfft!

My "display" is on my walls, on my mirrors & blinds, on my desks & dressers, several closet shelves, + 2 dresser's worth of drawers  :o

@ANY G-N-R FANS -

Thoughts/Opinions on Chinese Democracy?

Butterfly is one of the worst songs EVER written. Complete shit. Even worse than Nickelback or Puddle of Mudd trying to pose as real rock bands.

foxhack

« Reply #1939 on: March 23, 2014, 12:25:36 pm »
Butterfly is one of the worst songs EVER written. Complete shit. Even worse than Nickelback or Puddle of Mudd trying to pose as real rock bands.
I knew I liked you for a reason.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1940 on: March 23, 2014, 12:28:54 pm »
MAN!

That shit is catchy?!

(Was driving around w/ the girl & that Crazytown song "Butterfly" came on:) - haven't heard it in ages -but- *Again* SO Catchy!

Butterfly is one of the worst songs EVER written. Complete shit.

"complete shit"; eh?  I suppose...'cuz, ya' know *opinions* are indeed like ass-holes -SO-, I guess that "shit" is relevant  ;D

Something doesn't need to be "good" at all to be "catchy"   :P

In fact, i'd bet that the majority of "catchy" shit isn't technically and/or subjectively good at all  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

anruiukimi

« Reply #1941 on: March 23, 2014, 12:41:18 pm »

@anruiukimi -

Pfft!

My "display" is on my walls, on my mirrors & blinds, on my desks & dressers, several closet shelves, + 2 dresser's worth of drawers  :o

...blinds? How does that work? xD Yeah, we all have dreams of fancy shelves and what not, I have a feeling.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1942 on: March 23, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »

@anruiukimi -

Pfft!

...blinds? How does that work?

Heh, Assorted Growlanser & other 'buttons' (w/ the pin in the back) attached at various locations on the vertical strings on both sides of the blinds...facing inside + plushie prinnies on the top rail of the blinds & walls covered in Giclees  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1943 on: March 23, 2014, 01:01:03 pm »
MAN!

That shit is catchy?!

Butterfly is one of the worst songs EVER written. Complete shit.

"complete shit"; eh?

Absolutely. Can't believe that passed for "Rock". First time I heard it I was wondering why it wasn't on the pop station. Just because the lead singer has some tattoos, does not make it rock.

I've been wondering the same lately about my local rock station playing dubsteb sometimes. I mean, if you like dubstep, fine, but what the hell is it doing on the rock station?

90snostalga

« Reply #1944 on: March 23, 2014, 06:57:49 pm »
@disgaeniac, just curious are you trying to change your avatar every day lol  ;D  I like yours today tho'  ;)

90snostalga

« Reply #1945 on: March 23, 2014, 09:46:25 pm »
Help me out guys.  I got Fallout Trilogy pack fro the PC today thrift shopping.  I've never played any Fallout.  Whenever I do get around to playing it, should I play my PC version, or is it better on the 360?  Thanks for any help...

foxhack

« Reply #1946 on: March 23, 2014, 09:51:22 pm »
Help me out guys.  I got Fallout Trilogy pack fro the PC today thrift shopping.  I've never played any Fallout.  Whenever I do get around to playing it, should I play my PC version, or is it better on the 360?  Thanks for any help...

Uh. Fallout 1 / 2 / Tactics aren't on the 360. Those are the older games.

« Reply #1947 on: March 23, 2014, 09:55:57 pm »
I think even the PC versions of the old ones are gonna be better cause aren't there are mods and newer improvements to the game you can get for the old games? That's more than enough of a reason to me.  I know I'd only recommend Fallout 3 and New Vegas on PC if the option is available lol

foxhack

« Reply #1948 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:15 pm »
I just dug through one of my storage boxes and put a bunch of game controllers in baggies for storage. I found:

Two PS1 Justifiers
One clone PS1 / Saturn gun (with a plug to insert a PS1 video cable, wow)
Four NES pads
One NES Dogbone pad
One Wico Command Stick NES pad
Four third party Genesis pads
Two 3 button Genesis pads
One 6 button Genesis pad
One JVC Genesis pad (WTF is this from? The X-Eye?)
One third party Dreamcast gun (I have many more in a box somewhere)
One GunCon 2

And a bunch of video cables. Huh. Trade fodder?

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1949 on: March 23, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
One JVC Genesis pad (WTF is this from? The X-Eye?)

Yup. Pioneer had some branded Genesis pads for the LaserActive, too.