Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1567797 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2535 on: June 07, 2014, 05:44:24 pm »

*Ahem*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kash!

Any questions on the how/where/why's of the site; don't hesitate to ask.

Some things aren't always as intuitive & easy to find as you might think.

Kinda' like iF/CHs' true endings  :o

Thanks a bunch!! ^__^

That's wonderful news about the Tales of Xillia 2 strategy guide. It's about time the series got some love in terms of quality guides. The ones for Symphonia and Legendia were just awful.

90snostalga

« Reply #2536 on: June 08, 2014, 12:28:11 am »
It's so tempting not to roam the Good will bin in the back of the store for good merchandise...

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2537 on: June 08, 2014, 09:22:29 pm »
Recently, I've been checking and realized that some items on my lists were missing, definitely need to make some fixes/changes/updates.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #2538 on: June 08, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »
So I was browsing through the Nintendo Wii category and seen a game called "Mario Kart Black" unofficial release.  What the heck is that?  Is it fun?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2539 on: June 09, 2014, 12:28:01 am »
So I was browsing through the Nintendo Wii category and seen a game called "Mario Kart Black" unofficial release.  What the heck is that?  Is it fun?

Sounds like the name/start of a shitty creepypasta. You know the ones when people pick pickup a game from the flea market/found in the trash grab it because of nostalgia boner, only to find find out it's not that game and it's got all of this "ULTRA-HYERREALISTIC BLOOD" everywhere, beloved characters dying left and right, then there's a Sonic plushie behind the player holding a knife and it ends right there... I've been watching a lot of Yuri of the wind and someordinarygamers lately.

foxhack

« Reply #2540 on: June 09, 2014, 12:32:43 am »

Something that's getting deleted as soon as I tell scott to nuke it. We do not accept hacks like those being listed here. Period.

That said...

http://gamemusic4all.com/wordpress/2011/03/hack-in-black-a-look-at-mario-kart-black/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:35:57 am by foxhack »

karyann

« Reply #2541 on: June 09, 2014, 11:02:47 pm »
Salvation Army got me AGAIN. It's the third time I've bought a PS2 controller there, and it's the third time it's not functional. $4 a piece for scrap controller is not fun.  >:( Not buying controllers there again. And obviously, they don't accept returns on electronics, so I'm stuck with 3 useless controllers. Dunno if I can fix one or two, I guess I'll try later this summer.

kashell

« Reply #2542 on: June 10, 2014, 12:04:47 pm »
The hard part about Mind Zero is that I'm trying to hold off on playing it until I travel. It's really good so far!

amauriel

« Reply #2543 on: June 10, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »
Salvation Army got me AGAIN. It's the third time I've bought a PS2 controller there, and it's the third time it's not functional. $4 a piece for scrap controller is not fun.  >:( Not buying controllers there again. And obviously, they don't accept returns on electronics, so I'm stuck with 3 useless controllers. Dunno if I can fix one or two, I guess I'll try later this summer.

They usually need a good cleaning more than anything. Pop 'em open, q-tips and cotton pads and alcohol and I've only thrown away a couple controllers from thrift stores. Now, if they were Atari 5200 controllers, I'd tell you that you were screwed. Those things have one heck of a failure rate, in my opinion.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

karyann

« Reply #2544 on: June 10, 2014, 01:08:49 pm »

They usually need a good cleaning more than anything. Pop 'em open, q-tips and cotton pads and alcohol and I've only thrown away a couple controllers from thrift stores. Now, if they were Atari 5200 controllers, I'd tell you that you were screwed. Those things have one heck of a failure rate, in my opinion.

Even with PS2 controllers? I heard they're a pain to repair, especially when it's the board that's broken  :-\ And let's not forget that they're a pain to put back together haha. I'm even more enclined to try since you say you've had luck, though!

90snostalga

« Reply #2545 on: June 10, 2014, 11:55:39 pm »
Well, no more thrift shopping for a long time for me  :(  Car all a sudden stop cranking even trying to jump off and still wont crank.  Towed it to 3 different shops and they all say the timing chain has broken off in the motor which is causing it to not crank and they said there are several parts in the motor that need to be repaired and its going to cost on average 2500 to 3000.  UHHH     :'(  That sucks.

Additionally, there are 3 recalls on my car and of course when I tried to get Cheverlot to fix the car under the recall, they are refusing to fix it.  Don't have me to put my self on one of the hundreds of GM lawsuits so I'm screwed.

argyle

« Reply #2546 on: June 11, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »

Even with PS2 controllers? I heard they're a pain to repair, especially when it's the board that's broken  :-\ And let's not forget that they're a pain to put back together haha. I'm even more enclined to try since you say you've had luck, though!

Well if it isn't working now, what do you have to lose? :)  My only advice would be to find a good video on YouTube first that shows someone disassembling & reassembling the controller and watch that to familiarize yourself with it, then keep it handy in case you run into issues. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #2547 on: June 11, 2014, 06:51:40 pm »
I can't decide if I should buy Batman: Arkham Origins or not. I have enough credit at a store to buy it with the season pass for $12.50, but I've heard horror stories about the game being glitchy as hell...

argyle

« Reply #2548 on: June 11, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »
I can't decide if I should buy Batman: Arkham Origins or not. I have enough credit at a store to buy it with the season pass for $12.50, but I've heard horror stories about the game being glitchy as hell...

I didn't play enough to comment on whether or not it's glitchy, but I will say as a big fan of the series it's apparent Rocksteady didn't make it.  It's not bad, it just doesn't live up to the standard they set. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2549 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »

They did generally patch it, not completely, but I only had two moments of severe glitching while playing.  Sure, it's not nearly as good as City, but it's not bad.  Actually, I think I love the game for the main story really.  The Joker is amazing in it.  The Assassin's thing they talked about falls apart really hard, but I still enjoyed the game.  "Bad" Batman is still pretty good lol