Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531745 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2970 on: July 25, 2014, 12:05:53 am »
I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS IN 144P ANYMORE!

I know it's first world problems but that's brutal... Once the switch over happens your head just might explode.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2971 on: July 25, 2014, 12:27:38 am »
When I went to college, I moved up from 28.8k to cable. Wow. It blew my mind!  My parents live in extremely rural Arkansas. I was lucky to even have internet. But dat cable!  It was a miracle!

pacpix

« Reply #2972 on: July 25, 2014, 12:50:13 am »

Why were you in the first place? Are you still rocking your 486 PC?
My connection was usually not fast enough to play anything higher.  Every once in a while I could watch in 240p and on a really good day 360p.  My computer is by no means super high tech, but only a few years old.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2973 on: July 25, 2014, 08:56:23 am »
I cant wait for Turf to comment on all these weather comments lol

slow day?   :P

Disgaeniac, I have to ask a serious question and forgive me in advance if I should know for sure, but is your slogan "Pay the burnt bridge toll" a drug reference?

Ah, I really wasn't thinking about how you meant that question in my other post where I told you where the line was from -but- certainly, drugs could be one way (of many) to burn bridges/have costs ("tolls") to pay...

I think its so awesome that theres so many new comers to the site (welcome to all btw); however, theres so many new users and comments and avatars that I'm starting to get confused lol.  It's getting tougher for me to keep up with all the users now.   Anyone else with me or am I alone on this one?

and then you got those who decide to change their profile pic every once and a while just to confuse you

*Guilty*!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:57:58 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #2974 on: July 25, 2014, 11:52:45 am »

My connection was usually not fast enough to play anything higher.  Every once in a while I could watch in 240p and on a really good day 360p.  My computer is by no means super high tech, but only a few years old.

So, would it take like 3 hours to preload a video stream on YouTube? :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #2975 on: July 25, 2014, 11:58:52 am »

Most people can't preload streams at all, Youtube won't let you preload more than 20 seconds. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2976 on: July 25, 2014, 12:58:25 pm »

I didn't even know you could still get dial-up (in modern countries like the U.S.). Learn something new everyday.

I don't live way out in the boonies, but I also don't live anywhere near a big city. We've had cable/DSL available for a long time.

scott

« Reply #2977 on: July 25, 2014, 01:04:14 pm »

Most people can't preload streams at all, Youtube won't let you preload more than 20 seconds. :P

I meant buffer.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2978 on: July 25, 2014, 01:06:31 pm »
So could you still play Dreamcast online? That's at least a bonus of having dial-up, still.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2979 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:35 pm »
Since I Know some of you are big Ni No Kuni Fans you should click the link before today ends
http://www.theyetee.com/

90snostalga

« Reply #2980 on: July 25, 2014, 03:10:19 pm »
So could you still play Dreamcast online? That's at least a bonus of having dial-up, still.

This is something I never did back in the early 2000s, and for some reason, I've always wanted to experience the Dreamcast online. 

soera

« Reply #2981 on: July 25, 2014, 05:17:26 pm »
Since I Know some of you are big Ni No Kuni Fans you should click the link before today ends

Thanks! Ive been wanting another neat gaming shirt.

scott

« Reply #2982 on: July 25, 2014, 05:19:40 pm »

Oh man.

kashell

« Reply #2983 on: July 25, 2014, 05:26:10 pm »
Ah, NNK. I gave that game a 6/10 on GameFAQs.com and earned review of the month for it. Such a mixed bag, that title.

All of this talk of weather made me want to chime in. I love the heat and I don't mind the cold. However, I loathe snow. Snow is the worst thing ever.

Oh, and 3D Dot Game Heroes platinum acquired!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2984 on: July 25, 2014, 09:18:08 pm »

This is something I never did back in the early 2000s, and for some reason, I've always wanted to experience the Dreamcast online.

It actually was surprisingly smooth. There wasn't as much lag as you'd expect from a dial-up gaming network. Used to play a lot of Quake III: Arena and this motorcycle-racing game that for life of me I can't remember what it was, now. It was my best-friend's, he also played a lot of Phantasy Star Online, too, but that was when he was alone.

I had a Dreamcast back then, but I also had AOL back then, and AOL just wasn't compatible with Sega's network.