Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1529727 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3045 on: July 28, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »
Not sure how this is all going to work but at this point, it looks this way.  I may have to sell my collection some time soon because my girl just had a long talk with me and after being with each other for over 3 years, even living with each other for over that, she says i need to leave and that its not going to work.  I caught her lying to me about something recently and everything spanned from there.  I don't know if she has this secret life or not but after I caught her lying, she has changed and instead of arguing she just says its best to break it.  I have no money and almost everything is in her name.  I do have my car tho lol!  So I'm saving up to move out and get my own place and I dont want to get rid of my collection but the reality is, I have no where to put it all and I am seriously thinking of just getting in my car and driving north and end up where ever it takes me. 

Maybe I can find somewhere to put my collection but I just dont know yet.  Sorry about all the typing, i just dont really know how to feel at this moment about all this so I'm kind of venting as well but it is what it is.

Brother, sorry to hear that. It's tough.   I don't know what to say. It's never easy to go through a break up. Trust is an easy thing to lose and a tough thing to get back.

scott

« Reply #3046 on: July 28, 2014, 11:16:57 pm »
I've been a member for longer than many of the regulars here, but I've only started going on the forums regularly a couple months ago. :P
I beat you :D

I beat all of you!  ;)
Matt has you beat by 2 hours, 28 minutes, and 34 seconds   8)

:P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #3047 on: July 29, 2014, 01:04:34 am »
Not sure how this is all going to work but at this point, it looks this way.  I may have to sell my collection some time soon because my girl just had a long talk with me and after being with each other for over 3 years, even living with each other for over that, she says i need to leave and that its not going to work.  I caught her lying to me about something recently and everything spanned from there.  I don't know if she has this secret life or not but after I caught her lying, she has changed and instead of arguing she just says its best to break it.  I have no money and almost everything is in her name.  I do have my car tho lol!  So I'm saving up to move out and get my own place and I dont want to get rid of my collection but the reality is, I have no where to put it all and I am seriously thinking of just getting in my car and driving north and end up where ever it takes me. 

Maybe I can find somewhere to put my collection but I just dont know yet.  Sorry about all the typing, i just dont really know how to feel at this moment about all this so I'm kind of venting as well but it is what it is.

Brother, sorry to hear that. It's tough.   I don't know what to say. It's never easy to go through a break up. Trust is an easy thing to lose and a tough thing to get back.

Thanks Turf.  I'm just going to talk to her and just slowly save because thats really all I can do.  Its hard to get trust back but we will see.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3048 on: July 29, 2014, 07:13:01 am »
I don't mind following a guide, so that's no problem with me.

In that case - as long as you're going into it with a guide & have a good understanding of how friendship values, flags (and their windows) work & you make enough saves at the right times - then I think that you should definitely be able to plat it before Xillia 2!

Sorry to hear about your tough times 90's.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3049 on: July 29, 2014, 09:12:19 am »
I've been out of pocket for a couple of days, but I'm back!  :) 

Sorry to hear about your rough patch 90s - hopefully all of that will smooth out for you, whichever way it all goes. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #3050 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:21 am »
Hey dark, quick question for you. Tales of Xillia 2 comes out on August 19th. I need something to play until then. So, I was thinking of finally attempting to get that Rorona platinum by keeping Krystal's guide handy. I emailed her a few times and she said that Rorona was actually easier to 100% than Meruru. I know you got the Rorona platinum, so I was wondering if you thought I had enough time to do it all before ToX2. As you know, once Tales is out, all other games need to take a back seat. XD

Rorona or Rorona Plus?

The original Rorona was the longest, most aggravating, & most annoying Atelier game that I've ever played / platinumed - I hear that the Plus version is much improved.

I do like the fact that a lot of us have remained here still active the whole time.

Believe it or not...Soera was posting here for a long time as a mortal -not- a Mod!  :P

The Intro thread, I think, is another cool one to read through for the same reasons   8)

The original. It just looks wrong having Totori, Meruru and Ayesha (and eventually Escha and Shallie) having 100% perfection and Rorona being at a sad 11%. XD

I did not fully understand this by what you mean 11% for the original.  I'll have to ask again for more details on Rorona or Rorona Plus?  I dont want to get into Rorona being my first one to play, if Plus is the way to start

kashell

« Reply #3051 on: July 29, 2014, 12:02:42 pm »
@90s: I see you're headed to Nashville. That's where I live now. It's been pretty kind to me so far, but the job market is really tough unless you know someone and have inside information. Good luck.

By 11%, I mean I have 11% of the trophy collection in the original Atelier Rorona. All of the other Ateliers I've played have been fully completed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3052 on: July 31, 2014, 12:03:47 pm »
I'm playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I'm pretty dang sure I was fighting the end-boss (don't know for sure, I don't use strategy guides/walkthoughs). You fight the guy and the girl from the empire that are antagonists through the entire game along with some huge wolf-Beastman. Then after you beat them, they combine together into this uber-powerful combined form.

I played that boss battle for 2-freaking hours. 2 HOURS!!! And then I died anyways. I was up until 1 o'clock last night because of it. And now I'm like the walking dead today with only 6 hours of sleep in me. So frustrating!  >:(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3053 on: July 31, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »
KASH -

Playing RoRo?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3054 on: July 31, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »
KASH -

Playing RoRo?!

I am and, actually, maybe I can get your input on how I'm doing so far. I emailed Krystal some questions, but it doesn't hurt to have more opinions. I'll just copy and paste what I emailed her.

"Right now, I'm on year 3. I did as you suggested and made a couple of extra saves. As it stands now, every character and NPC has 100 friendship except for Cole. He is resting at 79. His friend requests are the most annoying sine he always wants me to make armor or weapons, but I'm sure I can get him to 100 without much trouble. My town popularity is at 80%. I already got my 100% popularity trophy and reverted back to an old file. Finally, I only got 8 stars on each assignment so far. Now for some questions.

1. Do I have enough time to level Rorona and Cordy to 50? Sterk still hasn't unlocked the Ortha dungeon yet, but I think you said he does that starting 3/1.

2. My next question is about Sterk's flag with the dragon. If I beat him, does that lock me into his ending? If it doesn't, I'll go back and beat him.

3. Esty has Cordy's request for the Shimmering Sand. If I turn it in, does that lock me into Cordelia's ending? I saw somewhere that you need to actually finish five of these to do that. If I do this one now, it would make four.

4. I have a request from Hagel to make a wig. Does doing that mess up any of the character flags?

5. I'm getting a bit worried about Bounty Quests. There was this one I wasn't ready for before regarding a Gang Leader (I think). Esty hasn't been showing it for a while. Is there some method to getting Bounty Quests to appear?"

What do you think? Am I doing alright?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3055 on: July 31, 2014, 09:39:30 pm »
Just hit the 5 dollar movie bin at wal-mart pretty hard...

Ninja Turltes
Space Jam
Three Amigos
The Shining
Batman/Batman Forever
Friday
The Departed

My movie collection is fairly lame, lol.

foxhack

« Reply #3056 on: July 31, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »

Ninja Turltes
Space Jam
Three Amigos
The Shining
Batman/Batman Forever
Friday
The Departed

Brother, I'm with you. Though I usually want all those Echo Bridge multipacks really hard... I've only managed to buy one for the Puppet Master series, and they came out with another one with the newer movie a few months later! You might want to return that Batman set, you can get all four for like ten bucks over there in a budget pack.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3057 on: July 31, 2014, 09:52:51 pm »

Ninja Turltes
Space Jam
Three Amigos
The Shining
Batman/Batman Forever
Friday
The Departed

Brother, I'm with you. Though I usually want all those Echo Bridge multipacks really hard... I've only managed to buy one for the Puppet Master series, and they came out with another one with the newer movie a few months later! You might want to return that Batman set, you can get all four for like ten bucks over there in a budget pack.

True. But the only one you'll ever really want to watch again is the first one.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3058 on: July 31, 2014, 10:21:55 pm »

Ninja Turltes
Space Jam
Three Amigos
The Shining
Batman/Batman Forever
Friday
The Departed

The Batman one was actually Batman and Batman Returns (The Keaton ones) and those are really the only 2 I care for. so 5 bucks for the 2 I like is better to me than 10 for 2 I like and 2 I don't lol but thanks for the heads up! I counted my movies the other day and I only have like 20. most of my DVDs are TV series. I've just never been big on owning movies.

foxhack

« Reply #3059 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:59 pm »
The Batman one was actually Batman and Batman Returns (The Keaton ones) and those are really the only 2 I care for. so 5 bucks for the 2 I like is better to me than 10 for 2 I like and 2 I don't lol but thanks for the heads up! I counted my movies the other day and I only have like 20. most of my DVDs are TV series. I've just never been big on owning movies.

*points to signature links*

I might have a problem there. :p