Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650195 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3510 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen!  Can I get a round of applause for the 2014 Batesville Bone Collector Champion!

I am a silly bastard. I entered a wing eating competition and fooled around and won. That's $500.

That may be Little Samson

pacpix

« Reply #3511 on: September 13, 2014, 10:23:02 pm »
Conglaturation !!!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3512 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:57 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen!  Can I get a round of applause for the 2014 Batesville Bone Collector Champion!

I am a silly bastard. I entered a wing eating competition and fooled around and won. That's $500.

That may be Little Samson
congrats
by the way...
Am I the only one who hears peewee hermen When he's screaming

kashell

« Reply #3513 on: September 14, 2014, 09:20:48 am »
So, after playing the demo some more for the new Smash Bros on the 3DS, it's started to grow on me. (Still don't like the 3DS' circle pad though) One thing I've been wondering the whole time though is, are they going to give it a proper name? The release is less than a month away now and it's still just Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS. ???

I must be blind. I couldn't find the 3DS demo. Has Nintendo changed stuff around since I last went on their shop?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3514 on: September 14, 2014, 10:01:18 am »
So, after playing the demo some more for the new Smash Bros on the 3DS, it's started to grow on me. (Still don't like the 3DS' circle pad though) One thing I've been wondering the whole time though is, are they going to give it a proper name? The release is less than a month away now and it's still just Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS. ???

I must be blind. I couldn't find the 3DS demo. Has Nintendo changed stuff around since I last went on their shop?

I think you had to get a special invitation to get early access to it. Doesn't release to the public until the 19th.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3515 on: September 14, 2014, 12:44:22 pm »
If anyone could do it I figured you'd be the one. I remember you playing that non-stop back in the day.

yep, I played a lot of it when it 1st came out.

I'm sure that I *could* plat it -but- it would require too much time + repetition...*After* it stopped being fun.

'do you know what I am saying'?  8)

All too well. I almost snapped back when I was going for the Star Ocean 4 platinum.

...almost.

How long did the SO4 plat take?

Was it really difficult *OR* just really time-consuming?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3516 on: September 14, 2014, 01:36:52 pm »

I think you had to get a special invitation to get early access to it. Doesn't release to the public until the 19th.

Oooh, ok. Well that's lame. Nintendo is now playing favorites! How dare they!

@dark: It took me almost 400 hours. Granted, this was during a time when I was out of work so I had more time to commit to games. It was both difficult and time consuming. One time consuming task(s) that really tested your patience were earning 255 drops for Edge, Meracle, Myuria, Lymle, Bacchus, Reimi, Sarah and Arumat. Even with the right skills, earning these took around 5 hours a piece. Difficult tasks were abundant, too. You had to finish the Ethereal Queen in under 10 minutes and make sure that Lymle dealt the final blow. That's just one example. Most of the battle trophies were ridiculous, but there were time sensitive tasks that you had to worry about as well. It was a demanding platinum but still a lot of fun because of all the battles.

One more thing I should mention. While I was grinding or farming battle trophies, I was able to set up my TV so it could do a dual display. I was able to finish the entire season of Slayers, Slayers NEXT and Magic Users Club and still have more trophies to grind. Also, when I had the turbo-controller doing the work for me, I had my Sega Saturn set up in the other room. I was able to finish both Albert Odyssey and Magic Knight Rayearth and -STILL- have more stuff to do in SO4. @_@

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3517 on: September 14, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »
If I haven't said it in a while, I want to throw out a little reminder.

I really like you people.

Edit: Except soera. He's a dick.

kashell

« Reply #3518 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:10 am »
First, thanks to argyle for letting me use the extra 3DS Smash redemption code. Second, I wasn't impressed with it. I used both Mega Man and Link, but using the control stick was awkward and the controls to block/throw were screwy. I'm glad I didn't pre-order the game because I doubt I'll get it now.

90snostalga

« Reply #3519 on: September 15, 2014, 11:07:05 am »

Turf!! Go in the kitchen and get you a turkey sandwich  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3520 on: September 15, 2014, 11:44:46 am »

^ Insists on stating & repeating the obvious  :P

edit - so, who else got, is getting and/or is thinking about getting Fairy Fencer F?

Got my LE a few hours ago, and I'm happy with what I've been hearing & reading about it  8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:48:27 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #3521 on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:09 pm »

edit - so, who else got, is getting and/or is thinking about getting Fairy Fencer F?

Got my LE a few hours ago, and I'm happy with what I've been hearing & reading about it  8)

Mine is getting delivered atm.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

90snostalga

« Reply #3522 on: September 15, 2014, 12:16:20 pm »
Which beer would be your guys' choice? Duff or Pawtucket Patriot?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3523 on: September 15, 2014, 12:59:35 pm »
Which beer would be your guys' choice? Duff or Pawtucket Patriot?

If we're asuming Duff is the equivalent to bud and Pawtucket is the equivalent to Sam Adams,  I'd go pawtucket.

abe

« Reply #3524 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:30 pm »

I'm waiting on my copy of the LE of Fairy Fencer F, but since I'm in Canada it'll probably be the end of the week before I get it. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)