Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650630 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3825 on: October 08, 2014, 04:02:11 pm »
Even if there's no content/graphical difference in a game (like Natural Doctrine) I still prefer to get it on the PS4 because of the system's interface bells & whistles - ability to capture video/screenshots, ease of switching to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon & watching something and then switching right back to where I paused the game, etc.

+ the better controller too, no?

for Pier Solar - w/ all things being equal between the PS3 & PS4, shouldn't the 'same' HD graphics still (theoretically) look better on the machine showing it @ more FPS?

I don't really know and/or understand shit about tech, comps, AV, etc but, I thought that was the *idea* or rule; isn't it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3826 on: October 08, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »
Even if there's no content/graphical difference in a game (like Natural Doctrine) I still prefer to get it on the PS4 because of the system's interface bells & whistles - ability to capture video/screenshots, ease of switching to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon & watching something and then switching right back to where I paused the game, etc.

for Pier Solar - w/ all things being equal between the PS3 & PS4, shouldn't the 'same' HD graphics still (theoretically) look better on the machine showing it @ more FPS?

I don't really know and/or understand shit about tech, comps, AV, etc but, I thought that was the *idea* or rule; isn't it?

Pier Solar is a 2D game, right?  I doubt there's any kind of graphical difference if so, framerate or otherwise.  But yeah, the controller would play into it as well (tho I've used the PS3 controller so much over the years that that isn't a HUGE issue for me).

Unrelated random question for anyone who knows...

Is $37 a good price for a Guncon 2 w/ Time Crisis 2, boxed complete & in like-new condition? I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger...  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #3827 on: October 08, 2014, 07:54:47 pm »
Holy cow, Tomba 2 is worth a decent amount of money? Since when? ???

I think I'll end up selling it to pay for my dentist appointment. Ugh.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3828 on: October 08, 2014, 07:58:27 pm »

Pier Solar is a 2D game, right?  I doubt there's any kind of graphical difference if so, framerate or otherwise.  But yeah, the controller would play into it as well (tho I've used the PS3 controller so much over the years that that isn't a HUGE issue for me).

Is $37 a good price for a Guncon 2 w/ Time Crisis 2, boxed complete & in like-new condition? I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger...  :-\

I got my guncon 2 in a lot with Endgame, Ninja Assault, Resident Evil Dead Aim, Vampire Night and Time Crisis 3 for $45

argyle

« Reply #3829 on: October 08, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »

I got my guncon 2 in a lot with Endgame, Ninja Assault, Resident Evil Dead Aim, Vampire Night and Time Crisis 3 for $45

Yeah, I think I've decided to keep waiting for a REALLY good deal.  If I have to ask, there's probably a better deal to be had. ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3830 on: October 08, 2014, 09:32:45 pm »
Going to be at the New York Comic-con on Saturday  ;D Anyone else going?

« Reply #3831 on: October 08, 2014, 11:47:22 pm »
I've decided tonight that I am retiring from For Glory mode in Smash 3DS. It is way too addictive for me to handle and has been taking over my life since the game came out last week. I can handle playing pretty much anything else for limited periods of time, but when I start For Glory I cannot stop. It's been getting in the way of other important things in my life and I won't let anything, a game or otherwise get in the way of those things. Take care For Glory Smashers, it was fun :)

pacpix

« Reply #3832 on: October 09, 2014, 12:13:52 am »
I've decided tonight that I am retiring from For Glory mode in Smash 3DS. It is way too addictive for me to handle and has been taking over my life since the game came out last week. I can handle playing pretty much anything else for limited periods of time, but when I start For Glory I cannot stop. It's been getting in the way of other important things in my life and I won't let anything, a game or otherwise get in the way of those things. Take care For Glory Smashers, it was fun :)
As someone who does not usually like no items and non changing stages in Smash Bros, I have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed For Glory.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

davifus

« Reply #3833 on: October 09, 2014, 01:46:36 am »

Come on... one more match won't hurt.....
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #3834 on: October 09, 2014, 02:37:08 am »

Come on... one more match won't hurt.....

Twist my arm why don't ya lol

argyle

« Reply #3835 on: October 09, 2014, 09:09:55 am »
So apparenlty Hatsune Miku performed on Letterman last night.  ??? I didn't watch the show, but from what I'm reading they didn't really give any kind of explanation for "her" either.  ??? ??? So...well...ok.  :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3836 on: October 09, 2014, 10:33:56 am »
Going to be at the New York Comic-con on Saturday  ;D Anyone else going?

Almost, im going to the dutch version  ;D

http://www.stripfestivalbreda.nl/ its in dutch do.

karyann

« Reply #3837 on: October 09, 2014, 10:34:40 am »
So apparenlty Hatsune Miku performed on Letterman last night.  ??? I didn't watch the show, but from what I'm reading they didn't really give any kind of explanation for "her" either.  ??? ??? So...well...ok.  :P

I really want to see one of these shows. The holograms look really awesome on video, and I'd love to see them for real!

argyle

« Reply #3838 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:23 am »
So starting any minute now (8 am PST) Amazon is going to have a lightning deal up for the Zelda strategy guide collection - 6 hardbound guides in a very cool "chest" box for $80.  I have the set and can vouch for its quality.

EDIT: Link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0804161380/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_5882_e33c4233?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=0MAV4PJXBW0D41PHH9F3&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1920875882

Good for 4 hours, but they won't last that long - 18% claimed already!  :o 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:02:00 am by argyle »

karyann

« Reply #3839 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:27 am »
So starting any minute now (8 am PST) Amazon is going to have a lightning deal up for the Zelda strategy guide collection - 6 hardbound guides in a very cool "chest" box for $80.  I have the set and can vouch for its quality.

EDIT: Link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0804161380/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_5882_e33c4233?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=0MAV4PJXBW0D41PHH9F3&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1920875882

Good for 4 hours, but they won't last that long - 18% claimed already!  :o

52% claimed as of 11:15, I think it won't make it to 11:30 haha. I own it too and it's indeed an awesome set! No wonder it sells so quick.