Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517427 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4545 on: November 15, 2014, 09:33:51 am »
I've actually read that review already.

Honestly, I found it pretty meh; some of it was good enough & some of it was pretty average.

It wasn't terrible, mind you -but- my impression was that the author (or at least his review) was conflicted and kinda undecided...like he was both trying to sell the game and bash it, back & forth, throughout the review.

IMO, it's very much a "Let me get the 1st review up there" review.

The 'non-user' reviews (I refuse to call them "professional") have all seemed pretty positive (especially considering the genre & the niche-ness of the game:) so far though  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:36:21 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4546 on: November 15, 2014, 10:47:32 am »
You'll also notice that it's a "full-review" which means he only wrote 800 words as opposed to the "detailed review" which requires 1200. I usually find people that take the time to write detailed reviews to be more reputable. Now, for a game that's simple like Tetris, there is only so much you can write. However, for  game as deep as Tears to Tiara, a detailed review seems necessary.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4547 on: November 15, 2014, 11:27:05 am »
sent you a PM Kash, since I had more that I wanted to say to you than I could/would cover in a post here  8)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4548 on: November 15, 2014, 11:43:00 am »
On another forum, a guy is selling all his xbox/360 games for $135 and is throwing in a free 360 system..... and he had a bunch of games i needed... problem is, he hasnt bumped this thread since June but only has 2 post...... So I pmed him and see if he still has it and will let me just buy the games i want......

$4 per game is a good deal!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #4549 on: November 15, 2014, 01:38:19 pm »
sent you a PM Kash, since I had more that I wanted to say to you than I could/would cover in a post here  8)

Read and responded!

Time to play more Tales of Hearts. Also, question for the community. Anyone here play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? If so, I'll have some follow up questions for you.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4550 on: November 15, 2014, 02:12:04 pm »

Read and responded!

Time to play more Tales of Hearts. Also, question for the community. Anyone here play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? If so, I'll have some follow up questions for you.

It's been too long for me to be able to reliably answer anything about it.

That said, I know that argyle played it, and that scott is like our in-house Castlevania expert!  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4551 on: November 15, 2014, 03:33:26 pm »
Well!

I certainly wasn't expecting to find this (especially *here* before anywhere else) but - since I don't mind sharing & because I know that some of you are already planning on playing it...

...enjoy this Tears to Tiara 2 Trophy FAQ/Roadmap (by "Alyri"):   ;D

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/1847-Tears-to-Tiara-II-Heir-of-the-Overlord-Trophy-Guide

AND...not that I'd suggest putting a lot of faith in Gamespot - I thought that this was a pretty interesting (Nintendo) read; so, if you like, give it a read.

Or not.   8)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-s-plan-to-quietly-kill-the-wii-u/1100-6418177/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:44:21 pm by disgaeniac »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4552 on: November 15, 2014, 04:03:57 pm »
DUDE!!! One of my stupid videos is in the Featured Community Videos on RetrowareTV.com!  It's on the front page! 

It doesn't take much to excite me.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4553 on: November 15, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »
Right now streaming our latest video!:
http://www.twitch.tv/koemo12
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

karyann

« Reply #4554 on: November 15, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »
DUDE!!! One of my stupid videos is in the Featured Community Videos on RetrowareTV.com!  It's on the front page! 

That's awesome! I'd be excited too :) Congrats!

tpugmire

« Reply #4555 on: November 15, 2014, 06:37:06 pm »
I beat Castlevania:  SOTN a while back with 200.6%.  I think I can answer some questions.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

davifus

« Reply #4556 on: November 15, 2014, 06:38:07 pm »

Gratz tuff
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #4557 on: November 15, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »
I beat Castlevania:  SOTN a while back with 200.6%.  I think I can answer some questions.

I'm wondering how high Alucard's LUCK needs to be in order to get...well...get -EVERYTHING- from all of the monsters. I know that there are tons of rare drops from most of the enemies and I'd like to get them all if possible. It's something I have never done before despite going through the game a few times.

pacpix

« Reply #4558 on: November 15, 2014, 07:32:16 pm »

Congrats Turf! 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tpugmire

« Reply #4559 on: November 15, 2014, 07:44:11 pm »

I'm wondering how high Alucard's LUCK needs to be in order to get...well...get -EVERYTHING- from all of the monsters. I know that there are tons of rare drops from most of the enemies and I'd like to get them all if possible. It's something I have never done before despite going through the game a few times.

Oh hell, I have no idea about that. I thought you meant general gameplay type stuff.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com