Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653242 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4755 on: November 25, 2014, 07:37:01 am »
Congratulations karyann! That's awesome

Indeed!

As expected - I would never have thought otherwise ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4756 on: November 25, 2014, 08:18:57 am »
Damn, my avatar is looking fly. Thanks to the person that found it for me! It's making me want to go back and play Valyrie Profile for the 100th time. Not that I'm counting.

Regarding the riots, I'm not surprised in the least. This was one of those situations that would be damned if you do and damned if you don't. Either way, there were going to be some problems.

I think folks can protest all they want. Rioting is when I lose more faith in the human race.

karyann

« Reply #4757 on: November 25, 2014, 11:09:30 am »
What happened yesterday?  I missed something big it seems  :o

(and thank you again for the congratulations!)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4758 on: November 25, 2014, 11:43:42 am »

Grand Jury decided not to indict an officer in Ferguson Missouri for the shooting of an unarmed black teen a few months ago. And apparently the people of Ferguson felt that fast, affordable pizza must pay so they burned down a Little Caesars (and a bunch of other stores apparently). I'm not a lawyer or legal analyst or anything, and I'm not gonna read through the transcripts because A) I wouldn't know what the hell to do with all the information in there and B) fuck, it's long. But whether or not this was a sham/coverup/whatever, you will never convince me the appropriate reaction is to riot.

bobster

« Reply #4759 on: November 25, 2014, 11:45:15 am »

Grand Jury decided not to indict an officer in Ferguson Missouri for the shooting of an unarmed black teen a few months ago. And apparently the people of Ferguson felt that fast, affordable pizza must pay so they burned down a Little Caesars (and a bunch of other stores apparently). I'm not a lawyer or legal analyst or anything, and I'm not gonna read through the transcripts because A) I wouldn't know what the hell to do with all the information in there and B) fuck, it's long. But whether or not this was a sham/coverup/whatever, you will never convince me the appropriate reaction is to riot.
Well put!

While there is plenty of reason to be angry about the apparent rash of police brutality in this country, rioting is never the solution.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4760 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:33 am »
that's what was pissing me off about twitter last night, the amount of people defending the rioting... I'll be interested to see if they still defend it if an innocent bystander gets killed during the riots. Which, when you are burning down stores and shit, is not that far out of the realm of possibility.

karyann

« Reply #4761 on: November 25, 2014, 12:01:26 pm »
I see, thanks for the explanations.  That's pretty stupid  :-\ Riots rarely (if ever) have any positive impact at all...

kashell

« Reply #4762 on: November 25, 2014, 12:02:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure that an officer was already killed in the line of duty. I know that law enforcement has to deal with risks on a daily basis, but rioting is just ridiculous becaues it was so unnecessary.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4763 on: November 25, 2014, 12:12:34 pm »
on a brighter note...

just picked up my Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth "Wild Cards" LE -and- man, is it sweet-looking!

btw - I've added/updated everything in the LE's entry so, no need to do so if it's still blank...until it gets approved ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4764 on: November 25, 2014, 12:12:54 pm »
I hate getting into political discussions. But it's really hard to sympathize with those calling racism when they have no problem hurting other people and property in riots.

« Reply #4765 on: November 25, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »
that's what was pissing me off about twitter last night, the amount of people defending the rioting... I'll be interested to see if they still defend it if an innocent bystander gets killed during the riots. Which, when you are burning down stores and shit, is not that far out of the realm of possibility.

Oh yeah, that will always happen. People think of it as "sticking it to the man" and stuff, even though it just destroys their community, their cause, and their integrity. Also, there have been a couple of rumors of deaths, but nothing is clear yet.

Speaking of these people hating the cops... one of the biggest protesters and livestreamers, with nearly 100K people watching him had his phone (that he was using to stream) stolen. Just a few minutes after he was shouting stuff at the so-called "militarized" officers. I'd love to imagine him trying to talk to them later on to get it back. ;D Karma's a bitch.

kashell

« Reply #4766 on: November 25, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »
I don't really believe in karma, but I do love it when unfortunate coinicedental things happen to people that deserve it.

EDIT: Oh-ho, this is rich. That rapper who looks like Roger Klotz from Doug joined in the protesting. I love it when one-hit wonders try to stay relevant.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:06:58 pm by kashell »

« Reply #4767 on: November 25, 2014, 02:12:48 pm »
I don't really believe in karma, but I do love it when unfortunate coinicedental things happen to people that deserve it.

Oh yeah, of course, I just use it as a saying. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4768 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:39 pm »
We need a modern-day update of Golden Axe. And I want to see it with that Frazetta-fantasy art-style that the original emulated. I want to see an entirely new, modern game. Not a re-release or a remastered version. Make it like Ninja Gaiden or Viking: Battle For Asgard. I would be all over that! And it better have epic, Lord of the Rings style music.

Come on Sega!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4769 on: November 25, 2014, 02:17:30 pm »
We need a modern-day update of Golden Axe. And I want to see it with that Frazetta-fantasy art-style that the original emulated. I want to see an entirely new, modern game. Not a re-release or a remastered version. Make it like Ninja Gaiden or Viking: Battle For Asgard. I would be all over that! And it better have epic, Lord of the Rings style music.

Come on Sega!

Have you tried Dragon's Crown on?  It has that fantasy look and it's a beat 'em up.  It's a blast.