Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654465 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5070 on: December 11, 2014, 04:48:53 pm »
Glad that everything on the emulation topic has been clarified.

In other news, I just love listening to video game OSTs at work. Right now I'm going through the Grandia OST and it is such a pleasant little collection of music. That dinner theme is so dang catchy!

You know, I never cared that much for vgm, but my bf likes it quite a bit, and I found that I needed more of it for streaming (I prefer to play the game's music before and after the gameplay), so now I find myself being more interested in it.

Better late than never, I guess :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #5071 on: December 11, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »
Glad that everything on the emulation topic has been clarified.

In other news, I just love listening to video game OSTs at work. Right now I'm going through the Grandia OST and it is such a pleasant little collection of music. That dinner theme is so dang catchy!
I really enjoy vgm as well! I usually go out of my way to get  the physical soundtrack if the game's ost  is worth it. The only problem is find is finding certain soundtracks in lossless format since the digital route is much cheaper for getting this stuff, especially when certain soundtracks go for $100 due to rarity. Besides that, I just track those songs down for listening and showcasing to other people, as well as use them for creating compositional arrangements of certain osts for piano.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5072 on: December 12, 2014, 12:50:59 am »
I have a bunch of SNES soundtracks downloaded that I listen to quite often. the music on that system was so damn good. especially for the time.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5073 on: December 12, 2014, 01:54:22 am »
I have a bunch of SNES soundtracks downloaded that I listen to quite often. the music on that system was so damn good. especially for the time.

I always enjoyed getting Ace Combat Songs and listening to them myself.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #5074 on: December 12, 2014, 08:31:37 am »

Excellent, excellent system for some great music. I'm biased towards RPGs, so I'll always recommend folks listen to Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and FF IV. However there are some other great compositions out there that...I don't have time to list right now. XD

scott

« Reply #5075 on: December 12, 2014, 09:05:14 am »
I have a bunch of game music, mostly freebie bonus discs. But I did hunt down the Chrono Trigger OST and want to find a decent copy of FFVIs OST.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5076 on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:49 am »

Excellent, excellent system for some great music. I'm biased towards RPGs, so I'll always recommend folks listen to Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and FF IV. However there are some other great compositions out there that...I don't have time to list right now. XD

There are some just fantastic soundtracks on that system. All the RPGs on that system generally had awesome ones, but also stuff like DKC1 and 2, Star Fox (Corneria theme <3), Sparkster (underrated soundtrack AND game), all the Mega Man games, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Super Bomberman 2, Wild Guns, Super Castlevania/Dracula X... I could go on forever. the step up from NES to SNES was amazing, and hell, even the step sideways from Genesis to SNES was mind blowing.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5077 on: December 13, 2014, 10:21:25 am »
My good friend is gonna have a child soon, so i made a bet with him, I had a feeling him and his gf were gonna have a girl, and he had a feeling it was gonna be a boy, so I bet him one video game on it on the sex of the baby. Well I guess they found out yesterday and guess who was right :D?

Looks like ill be getting The Crew for Ps4 :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5078 on: December 14, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »
Nice job on the prediction!

Also...  All this talk about soundtracks and suddenly I'm listening to Final Fantasy VI and Wild Arms themes.   :o

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5079 on: December 15, 2014, 12:04:04 am »
Nice job on the prediction!

Also...  All this talk about soundtracks and suddenly I'm listening to Final Fantasy VI and Wild Arms themes.   :o

Dude.... Wild Arms. That may be my all time favorite video game soundtrack. It is up there for sure. You got me listening to it now too lol

kashell

« Reply #5080 on: December 15, 2014, 08:01:08 am »
The Wild Arms soundtrack is fantastic. But, I like the Wild Arms 2 soundtrack more. That's partially because Wild Arms 2 is a favorite game, but yeah, the music in WA2 is one I can listen to endlessly.

bobster

« Reply #5081 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:22 am »
All this talk about the Wild Arms soundtracks just remind me that I haven't played them but probably should  :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5082 on: December 15, 2014, 09:24:35 am »
All this talk about the Wild Arms soundtracks just remind me that I haven't played them but probably should  :(

Le what? You should! I think you'd enjoy them. However, I'm not sure whether or not the original Wild Arms has aged well. I would say play them in this order: Wild Arms: Alter Code F, Wild Arms 2, Wild Arms 3, Wild Arms 4, Wild Arms 5.

But, that's just me. Maybe some other folks can give some insight.

bobster

« Reply #5083 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:07 am »

Le what? You should! I think you'd enjoy them. However, I'm not sure whether or not the original Wild Arms has aged well. I would say play them in this order: Wild Arms: Alter Code F, Wild Arms 2, Wild Arms 3, Wild Arms 4, Wild Arms 5.

I definitely want to play them! While they're not particularly expensive, I am a cheap bastard so I've yet to invest in the series lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5084 on: December 15, 2014, 09:35:05 am »

I definitely want to play them! While they're not particularly expensive, I am a cheap bastard so I've yet to invest in the series lol.

That's something that always annoyed me about being a fan of RPGs: price. Like, I went game shopping this past weekend to my favorite game store and most PS1 games range from 99 cents to three dollars. Yet, when it comes to RPGs, they're behind protective casing and can cost a pretty penny.

They still have the copy of Shining in the Darkness for 99 dollars...man that'd be a neat piece of video game history to own but I doubt I'd ever play it since I'm not a fan of most SRPGs.