Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663983 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6465 on: March 17, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »
Man, I want to play GTA V because I hear about all the cool new options they added. But then whenever I look at gameplay videos, it just looks like "gang-banger, the game". And I'm just not into that scene.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to buy the game? Is there enough to keep you busy outside of the main story? I'm seeing it for about $25.

argyle

« Reply #6466 on: March 17, 2015, 03:32:14 pm »
Man, I want to play GTA V because I hear about all the cool new options they added. But then whenever I look at gameplay videos, it just looks like "gang-banger, the game". And I'm just not into that scene.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to buy the game? Is there enough to keep you busy outside of the main story? I'm seeing it for about $25.

I'm pretty much the same, so let me give you my personal experience. I've tried to get into the game twice now because of wanting to explore the world more than wanting to play the "super serious foul-mouthed crooks" story. And both times I've ended up putting it down & trading it in - this last time for good I imagine. The open world stuff may be in there somewhere, but it's buried under the other stuff so if that's not your thing you probably won't enjoy the game.

I prefer Saints Row, for a similar style game that doesn't take itself NEARLY as seriously, or just a good Western RPG to get that open world goodness without all the other gang crap.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6467 on: March 17, 2015, 04:02:55 pm »

I'm pretty much the same, so let me give you my personal experience. I've tried to get into the game twice now because of wanting to explore the world more than wanting to play the "super serious foul-mouthed crooks" story. And both times I've ended up putting it down & trading it in - this last time for good I imagine. The open world stuff may be in there somewhere, but it's buried under the other stuff so if that's not your thing you probably won't enjoy the game.

I prefer Saints Row, for a similar style game that doesn't take itself NEARLY as seriously, or just a good Western RPG to get that open world goodness without all the other gang crap.

Thanks, sounds like I'll give it a pass, at least until it's in the $10 and under bin.

kashell

« Reply #6468 on: March 17, 2015, 04:08:37 pm »
Dear sweet gods this day refuses to end. @_____@

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6469 on: March 17, 2015, 04:46:29 pm »
Heh, my day actually ended up going pretty well  ;D

Remember that Mario Bros. Wii U Bundle + the Bayonetta 2 game (both sealed) that I had -and- was looking to sell and/or trade for something else that I'd be happier with & better able to use?

Whelp...

...I'm glad that I held onto them & didn't open them up!

I just traded my Wii U Bundle + game, straight-up

for a PS4 (500GB / The Last of Us Bundle; sealed) + a sealed copy of the Day One Edition of FF Type Zero  8)

the cherries on top?

Awakened Fate Ultimatum arriving & some more time for playing HDN Noire  ;D 8)  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #6470 on: March 17, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »
Dear sweet gods this day refuses to end. @_____@

Srsly.

Heh, my day actually ended up going pretty well  ;D

Remember that Mario Bros. Wii U Bundle + the Bayonetta 2 game (both sealed) that I had -and- was looking to sell and/or trade for something else that I'd be happier with & better able to use?

Whelp...

...I'm glad that I held onto them & didn't open them up!

I just traded my Wii U Bundle + game, straight-up

for a PS4 (500GB / The Last of Us Bundle; sealed) + a sealed copy of the Day One Edition of FF Type Zero  8)

the cherries on top?

Awakened Fate Ultimatum arriving & some more time for playing HDN Noire  ;D 8)  ;D

Awesome! :D So whatcha doing w/ your second Quad? Second room, or is it for your girl?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6471 on: March 17, 2015, 06:22:59 pm »
^

undecided.

most likely, I'll either:

a).  do the same thing that I've been doing with my 2 PS3's and use it as a spare/backup console, or - more likely

b).  since it's all nice -n- fresh, sealed, and unopened + since it was a limited/collector's edition/bundle...it probably wouldn't be the very worst idea that I've ever had, to just leave it alone & the way it is...and 'forget' all about it for the next 5-10 years and, possibly...

=

profit

(maybe) ::)

pacpix

« Reply #6472 on: March 17, 2015, 09:01:47 pm »
b).  since it's all nice -n- fresh, sealed, and unopened + since it was a limited/collector's edition/bundle...it probably wouldn't be the very worst idea that I've ever had, to just leave it alone & the way it is...and 'forget' all about it for the next 5-10 years and, possibly...

=

profit

Why wait 5-10 years to get money when I have $5 I am willing to give you in trade for the PS4 right now?  :D
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #6473 on: March 17, 2015, 09:34:58 pm »
Argyle and abe always have the best animated GIFs. I just finished FFVII Crisis Core. Now I need to figure out what to play next.

I want impressions on FF 0, people!

foxhack

« Reply #6474 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:41 pm »
Happy Irish Cinco de Mayo, y'all.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6475 on: March 17, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »
GTA 5 online is a good game, if you played from the start when online opened up and you have a good crew. I play with a bunch of guys from my gun forum. We set up our own private lobbys.  and work together to make money. Most of us wont play on public servers. A lot of us did a lot of RP and money boosting in the early days. and Since we are all high ranks, we often get targeted online.

But now its really hard to make money and buy all the fun toys. Unless you discovered  or look up any type of money glithes. and this game has been full of money and RP glitches. (not that i advice doing so). If you are just starting now. you wont have fun.

Also finding 3 other guys to join you on heist is hard unless you are finding people on forums.

If you are on ps4 and want heist guys. add me and ill bring you in onto our private server and you can play with us and we will help you.

PSN: fighterpilot562
Crew: Calguns
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:25:08 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #6476 on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »
I hope everyone is having a secular St. Patrick's Day  ;)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6477 on: March 17, 2015, 11:04:50 pm »
Retro Reload podcast starts in 30 mins. get ready :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #6478 on: March 18, 2015, 04:12:26 am »
Been down out and out lately. Something triggered a sudden bout of depression, and excessive rumination. :(  When you are in this state of mind, nothing makes sense. Game collecting seems silly, in a what are you doing with your life? kind of way. Just haven't been much for games lately. Even still, not selling - these copies will perish with me. Although I am as always pennyless, and desperately trying to save up for a much needed car. Games are lower priority.

I've contemplated trimming the fat in my wishlist and collection goals by a lot, since I've lost drive. One thing I'm sure of, I'm throwing in the towel on collecting as far as new games, with the exception of first party Nintendo. Because I've come to the conclusion that I really don't have any interest in modern (current) games, I feel like modern games have outgrown me. Besides, I have more than enough games for one lifetime as it is.

I know games/collecting shouldn't feel like any sort of obligation, but it does. I've invested so much into this stuff, and I want to "finish" it in a way that makes sense to me. You know? I don't want to just quit, but I do have this yearning to sort-of move on / close a chapter. This stuff is great, but it doesn't define me. It's not what I was meant to spend all my time on Earth doing, and to be honest for a long time it has seemed that way.

Sorry to be a total buzz kill, my mind is just zapped right now. Has been for several weeks. Trying to get back into a pattern of doing more than lying around, trying to figure out what it is I'm "supposed to do".  :-\

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6479 on: March 18, 2015, 07:50:53 am »

=

profit

Why wait 5-10 years to get money when I have $5 I am willing to give you in trade for the PS4 right now?  :D

make it $10 and consider it on its way

==>

;) :P