Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664565 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6555 on: March 22, 2015, 11:20:03 am »
So, I'm about 1/2 way through the last issue of Game Informer that I got.  Man; I really like it when:

a).  Darth Clark pops his head up - signifying that,

b).  the Game Infarcer issue has rolled around once again.  And, that's also not even taking into account

c).  the lol-worthy parodies & *shots* that are taken at (all 3) of the "Big Three" -but- as it ever has been & ever should be:

d).  The best and funniest is saved for last; when

e).  The idiots -and- yes, unbelievably...there are always, sadly, a bunch of these idiots who - even though the title Game Infarcer should be a pretty clear indicator of the lovely

f). Parodies to follow *but*, just to play it safe, whilst accounting for & trying to cater to all intelligence (or lack therof) levels by plastering the word "Parody" on each of the 4 or 5 pages...in the following months' issue - there is always a plethora of intellectually-challenged, subscription-cancelling and/or threatening to cancel their subscriptions, verbally-bereft, vocabulary-lacking, vitriolic "readers"/subscribers; and, yes - they are indeed the rage-filled remnants of those who used to possess a brain & had at least a nursery school-level of education...who took every word of it *seriously* and are now here to represent :P and, even willing to sacrifice both their subscriptions (intentionally) AND (unintentionally, and probably forever unrealized:) they're also unwittingly sacrificing the world-wide 'presumption of having a brain' that most of us, by default, grant to others we meet, see, and read what they write online  :o

...All in the "defense" of a game that they (think that everyone else should) like :(

Does it make me a horrible person that I

g). lose just a little bit more of my faith in civilization, humanity, and intelligence on this planet each & every time that this happens...

*YET*

h).  at the same time, I just can't help/stop laughing at -and- being amused by these grunts?

KASH -

I'd love to hear your 1st/beginning impressions of + thoughts on HDN: Noire!

It's pretty cool!  The next trophy that I (unintentionally & unexpectedly) got, after getting my "9,999,999 money" trophy - was the "9,999 damage one", and, since the trophies are relevant to their requirements - the last time that I saw my profile on PSN (on the bottom - where it shows your last 8 trophies); the 2 newest trophies formed a continuous string of *eleven* nine's; yeah - it doesn't take much to amuse me  ???

LASTLY -

Anyone heard of or know anything about an upcoming game called Darkest Dungeon?

I hadn't even heard of it before seeing it previewed in GI, but - it's looking & sounding exactly like my kind of game!

/editorial
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:25:28 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #6556 on: March 22, 2015, 11:31:51 am »
Darkest Dungeon is currently open for Early Access on Steam and it looks fantastic. I'm waiting for the final version, but IIRC Desocietas has played it.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6557 on: March 22, 2015, 11:48:10 am »
Darkest Dungeon is currently open for Early Access on Steam and it looks fantastic. I'm waiting for the final version, but IIRC Desocietas has played it.

Thanks.

I don't have a gaming pc or do pc gaming, so - if you ever give the beta a try, let me know what you think!

I see that it's coming to the PS4 & Vita too, so...looks like this is one roguelike that I won't have to miss due to pc-exclusivity  ;D

d-sis!

Be sure to let me know if you've tried it & how you liked it!

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6558 on: March 22, 2015, 12:02:11 pm »
So, I'm about 1/2 way through the last issue of Game Informer that I got.  Man; I really like it when:

a).  Darth Clark pops his head up - signifying that,

b).  the Game Infarcer issue has rolled around once again.  And, that's also not even taking into account

c).  the lol-worthy parodies & *shots* that are taken at (all 3) of the "Big Three" -but- as it ever has been & ever should be:

d).  The best and funniest is saved for last; when

e).  The idiots -and- yes, unbelievably...there are always, sadly, a bunch of these idiots who - even though the title Game Infarcer should be a pretty clear indicator of the lovely

f). Parodies to follow *but*, just to play it safe, whilst accounting for & trying to cater to all intelligence (or lack therof) levels by plastering the word "Parody" on each of the 4 or 5 pages...in the following months' issue - there is always a plethora of intellectually-challenged, subscription-cancelling and/or threatening to cancel their subscriptions, verbally-bereft, vocabulary-lacking, vitriolic "readers"/subscribers; and, yes - they are indeed the rage-filled remnants of those who used to possess a brain & had at least a nursery school-level of education...who took every word of it *seriously* and are now here to represent :P and, even willing to sacrifice both their subscriptions (intentionally) AND (unintentionally, and probably forever unrealized:) they're also unwittingly sacrificing the world-wide 'presumption of having a brain' that most of us, by default, grant to others we meet, see, and read what they write online  :o

...All in the "defense" of a game that they (think that everyone else should) like :(

Does it make me a horrible person that I

g). lose just a little bit more of my faith in civilization, humanity, and intelligence on this planet each & every time that this happens...

*YET*

h).  at the same time, I just can't help/stop laughing at -and- being amused by these grunts?

KASH -

I'd love to hear your 1st/beginning impressions of + thoughts on HDN: Noire!

It's pretty cool!  The next trophy that I (unintentionally & unexpectedly) got, after getting my "9,999,999 money" trophy - was the "9,999 damage one", and, since the trophies are relevant to their requirements - the last time that I saw my profile on PSN (on the bottom - where it shows your last 8 trophies); the 2 newest trophies formed a continuous string of *eleven* nine's; yeah - it doesn't take much to amuse me  ???

LASTLY -

Anyone heard of or know anything about an upcoming game called Darkest Dungeon?

I hadn't even heard of it before seeing it previewed in GI, but - it's looking & sounding exactly like my kind of game!

/editorial

It's kinda the same thing some people do on Facebook when they take an article from the Onion and comment on it like it's actual news. Which always cracks me up when I come across it. It's funny to me that in this day and age, when simple fact checking is literally one of the easiest things you can do, that people neglect to even google a seemingly strange story they come across before making themselves look like morons.

desocietas

« Reply #6559 on: March 22, 2015, 03:24:37 pm »

Thanks.

I don't have a gaming pc or do pc gaming, so - if you ever give the beta a try, let me know what you think!

I see that it's coming to the PS4 & Vita too, so...looks like this is one roguelike that I won't have to miss due to pc-exclusivity  ;D

d-sis!

Be sure to let me know if you've tried it & how you liked it!

It's good!  I think folks have mentioned a few bugs with the game, but it doesn't stop people from going back and continuing with their game.

I love the art. The game is pretty easy to learn. It's a side-scrolling turn-based roguelike.  You build a small team of up to 4 players, naming them and such.  There are many classes that become available (a healer type, a mage type, a barbarian type, a grave robber type, etc) and you send them to a dungeon to complete a task such as "find the boss" or "explore all rooms" or something.  The interesting thing about the game is that your characters have a stress meter. Stress is effected by critical hits, the amount of light in the rooms, and time spent in the level, among other things.  Once a character's stress level maxes out, they may start to act uncontrollably in positive or negative ways.  Once you get out of the dungeon area, you can head back to town and relieve their stress by praying, drinking, visiting a brothel, gambling... ;)  Another interesting thing is that characters develop afflictions that may mess with how they fight or can or can't relieve their stress.

It's all presented pretty clearly, I think, and the game can be pretty addictive and intense.  I'm glad they're releasing it to several platforms - I can imagine it being fun on the go with a Vita.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6560 on: March 22, 2015, 09:50:29 pm »
So I know there aren't many sports fans here, but there was a big thing that happened today lol. I'm from Wichita, and I've been a Wichita State Shockers basketball fan for as long as I've been a basketball fan. In my 25 years of life, the Shockers have played Kansas University once in 1993. Kansas never plays us, because they are a highly ranked, prestigious team that would gain nothing from playing us in the regular season, so we never get scheduled to play them... Well today, with the way the tournament bracket was setup it forced a WSU/KU matchup, which is a game I've been wanting my whole life... And we fucking won. by 13. on national television. One of the top sports fan moments for me in my life. I was going nuts during the game lol. Made my damn day!

kashell

« Reply #6561 on: March 23, 2015, 08:58:42 am »
Another weekend has come and gone. *sigh*

On Saturday, my alumni association volunteered at Second Harvest Food Bank in downtown Nashville. All I can say is, thank whichever higher power is trendy these days that I had the foresight to wear warm clothing. Most of our group was put in this giant cooler to inspect and package food, break down old boxes and move palettes. It was frigid as Cocytus in there. However, we all ended up having a great time and in 2.5 hours we managed to pack 8000 pounds of food for those in need. Afterwards, we checked out a new restaurant that was just built. AND THEN my partner and I went to a friend's house to help set up their new phones which resulted in them taking us to dinner. Needless to say, Saturday was non-stop.

I just got to Chapter 5 in HD Noire. That means I recruited three more characters. *sigh* So many characters, so little space to put them in the battle field. I already have my Netflix marathons set up for when I start going for maximum Lily Points.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6562 on: March 23, 2015, 10:06:33 am »
All I can say is fuck snow. 70 degrees 2 weeks ago in chicago and 50 something on Friday. Went for a 3 mile walk with my GF and did 6 miles last week when it was 70. Today it decides to snow in late March, and not just a sprinkle. Nope, huge flakes that stick and have 5+ inches on the ground, and all of the plows took the day off. Ugh. At least like half of my coworkers are gone so its pretty dead today.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6563 on: March 23, 2015, 10:57:56 am »
All I can say is fuck snow. 70 degrees 2 weeks ago in chicago and 50 something on Friday. Went for a 3 mile walk with my GF and did 6 miles last week when it was 70. Today it decides to snow in late March, and not just a sprinkle. Nope, huge flakes that stick and have 5+ inches on the ground, and all of the plows took the day off. Ugh. At least like half of my coworkers are gone so its pretty dead today.

I've just about had it with that cold, white shit myself >:(

Same deal here; warmed-up, had a couple of beautiful (nothing under 50-55 degrees) days, looks like it's all done, then...

...March 20th (aka the 1st day of Spring)-->

---> AND - we're getting a few inches of it again (of the "the wet & heavy; anti-snowblower" variety) :-\

GOD does, indeed, have a sense of humor --and-- if you ever want to tell him a "good one" so you can hear his loud and uproarious laughter...

...tell him all about what you *plan* on doing & happening; it gets him every time!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6564 on: March 23, 2015, 11:56:55 am »

Come over here to So Cal, its warm and sunny here, we can game all day :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6565 on: March 23, 2015, 12:27:08 pm »

Come over here to So Cal, its warm and sunny here, we can game all day :D

bobster

« Reply #6566 on: March 23, 2015, 02:11:05 pm »
I managed to pass my Microsoft 70-411 Certification Exam earlier this morning! 2 down, 1 more to go for my MCSA. Yay!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6567 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:23 pm »
can someone check if thecoverproject.net is down for them too? Been down for me all day so far.

bobster

« Reply #6568 on: March 23, 2015, 02:53:39 pm »
can someone check if thecoverproject.net is down for them too? Been down for me all day so far.
Looks like it. Not connecting on my end.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6569 on: March 23, 2015, 03:08:12 pm »
Looks like it. Not connecting on my end.

Thanks bob.