Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664650 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6570 on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »
I managed to pass my Microsoft 70-411 Certification Exam earlier this morning! 2 down, 1 more to go for my MCSA. Yay!

Congrats and good luck
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6571 on: March 23, 2015, 03:39:39 pm »
I just found out we have next Friday off from work. Sweet!

argyle

« Reply #6572 on: March 23, 2015, 05:02:36 pm »
So very early Sat. morning, during one of my bouts of insomnia, I got up & went to turn on my PS4. Aaaaannnd - nothing. :( Blue light flashed, no video output and after a min or two even the blue light went out. Tried booting it into safe mode (hold down power button until you hear a second beep), unplugging it - nothing. Finally went back to bed disgusted. Got up later & tried it again, it came right on. But since this isn't the first trouble I've had with this system, I'm paranoid. Add to that that when it wouldn't come on earlier I did some research and read that all of the faulty PS4's pretty came out of one batch that was manufactured Sept/Oct. of 2013 in one specific region in China - supposedly by a combination of child labor & college students forced to do it to keep their credits. And surprise, guess when & where mine was manufactured! >:(

So I decided to cut my losses - traded it into Gamestop while it was still working and got a new one. Had to cough up a difference of $210 after tax, but they had a special where I got a free year of PS+, and mine was set to expire yesterday so that was $50 I was going to have to spend regardless. Anyway, I also cashed in some various store credit to buy the Sony warranty this time (what I should have done the first time....) and only had to come out of pocket an extra $10 for that so....could have been worse I suppose. Still, all the running around, system reloading, etc. shot most of my Sat. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #6573 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
So very early Sat. morning, during one of my bouts of insomnia, I got up & went to turn on my PS4. Aaaaannnd - nothing. :( Blue light flashed, no video output and after a min or two even the blue light went out. Tried booting it into safe mode (hold down power button until you hear a second beep), unplugging it - nothing. Finally went back to bed disgusted. Got up later & tried it again, it came right on. But since this isn't the first trouble I've had with this system, I'm paranoid. Add to that that when it wouldn't come on earlier I did some research and read that all of the faulty PS4's pretty came out of one batch that was manufactured Sept/Oct. of 2013 in one specific region in China - supposedly by a combination of child labor & college students forced to do it to keep their credits. And surprise, guess when & where mine was manufactured! >:(

So I decided to cut my losses - traded it into Gamestop while it was still working and got a new one. Had to cough up a difference of $210 after tax, but they had a special where I got a free year of PS+, and mine was set to expire yesterday so that was $50 I was going to have to spend regardless. Anyway, I also cashed in some various store credit to buy the Sony warranty this time (what I should have done the first time....) and only had to come out of pocket an extra $10 for that so....could have been worse I suppose. Still, all the running around, system reloading, etc. shot most of my Sat.

Wow, that sucks  :-\ Well, at least your new system has more chances of being good, I guess. Or at least, I wish you so!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6574 on: March 23, 2015, 06:30:47 pm »

Sorry to hear about that, Greg :'(

IMO, it's hereditary  :-\

The PS3 had its *Yellow* Light (of death) -and-

I'm hypothesizing that, the 'mixing' and co-mingling of the DNA from the PS3, with the newer, updated, and genetically inferi...(?)"superior"(?) DNA of the PS4; through genetic evolution + a dash of The-Law-o-Murphy + garnished with (the proverbial) "cherry on top" (aka) the ever unpredictable & unfeeling RNG...

...*Evolved* (likely due to recessive genes/certain traits 'skipping' generations - while increasing the likelihood of being passed-on in other generations, etc); resulting in and giving us the new PS4 DNA.

Apparently, through a triumphant merging of the more dominant genes that influence & determine color, hue, and tones...

...simply blended together to change the elderly lethal Yellow Light of Decay, to the
new and improved Blue Light of Non-compliance  ::)

Progress...gotta' love it, huh?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6575 on: March 23, 2015, 10:15:44 pm »
I found some of my shit in a pawn shop. It's a sad day. I didn't think she would sink so low.

At least I got all of my NES games out early. I still have those.

karyann

« Reply #6576 on: March 23, 2015, 10:39:19 pm »
I found some of my shit in a pawn shop. It's a sad day. I didn't think she would sink so low.

That's harsh  :'(  I'm sending good vibes to you during these hard times. I hope everything settles soon for you  :-\

foxhack

« Reply #6577 on: March 23, 2015, 11:07:21 pm »

Uh, can't you file charges on her for doing this? If she bailed on you and took stuff without your consent...

Sorry, I didn't read the specifics of how things went down a while ago.

kashell

« Reply #6578 on: March 24, 2015, 08:22:19 am »

Did you buy them back? Either way, that's low. When it comes to divorce, I think of what Camille Grammar said in an interview when she was going through hers with the slimiest of slimeballsKelsey.

"Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed. Well, let me tell you, I have yet to be disappointed."

kashell

« Reply #6579 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:01 am »
And time for a double post. Because dark deserves his own. He's worth it, I'll have y'all know.

I asked this question on the GameFAQs board, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this. I just got Poona, Maru and Ai. I'm wondering if I should stop with the story (for now) and max the Lily Ranks for the 12 (!!!!) characters I have now. Or, would it be better to carry on with the story and do all of this nonsense when I have all of the lovely ladies?

What are your thoughts?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6580 on: March 24, 2015, 09:12:42 am »
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart/262414-help-please.html#post5057876

So i don't have to retype it, can anyone answer this?

I've come to the conclusion that it's 6 of one & 1/2 a dozen of the other, Kash

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6581 on: March 24, 2015, 01:07:50 pm »

Ouch. Can't claim it as stoken property, either, since it's a divorce, huh?

kashell

« Reply #6582 on: March 24, 2015, 02:15:30 pm »

I've come to the conclusion that it's 6 of one & 1/2 a dozen of the other, Kash

Very well. I'll give the grind a go now before I get further in the story to see how it goes.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6583 on: March 24, 2015, 02:37:21 pm »

Ouch. Can't claim it as stoken property, either, since it's a divorce, huh?

Depending on local laws, most pawn shops *have* to (and, in the areas where they don't legally *have* to) they always...repeat *always* will still let you buy back the exact items...for exactly the amount that they paid for them (no. you shouldn't ever *have* to do this), -but- this is going to be the one & only time that their cheapness will be on your side.

Here's how:

- if you can, bring the receipt for the transaction; if you can't, try to bring her (as the "seller") with you...obviously, having both her & the receipt wouldn't hurt!

- read, adapt, and improvise accordingly for the person & their attitude

- if necessary (and even if not), it never hurts to (nicely but firmly) demand to speak/deal with only a boss/manager.

Here, you can do whatever is the most comfortable for you (and the most appropriate); you may have to pick & choose or use them in a escalating order:

* Tell the truth. Bring her with you, say what she did & why, and nicely let them know that you're expecting no hassle in repaying what they gave her,

* don't bring her with you (or do - it doesn't really matter), and say that they were mistakenly sold/the wrong items pulled out of a box or something,

* stay civil, polite, and unwavering,

* say they were stolen - none of these stores want to be tagged with that.  Decide beforehand (if you're unwilling to bring/blame your wife) *who* did it OR you don't know who did it but it happened when...(you didn't lock your doors, nobody in the house, etc)

* If/when all else fails (I've never heard of it going beyond this bit...it could);

- If you're friends, related to, or know any cops,civil/gov't law enforcement, bring em with you

- If not...

...*convince!* them that - in spite of being very reluctant to/and having really hoped that you wouldn't have had to...that you're going directly to the police (to inform them of a store that buys (*Receives*) stolen property.

It's never (that I've ever heard of or known) went to the point of anyone actually having to do this...just *Sell* them on that well enough so that they're thinking that you're serious and will actually do so

Obviously - the sooner the better, before it's been long enough for them to sell (or even plausibly *say* that they've) resold any/all of it!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6584 on: March 24, 2015, 03:10:48 pm »
Kash/Anyone else who has played FFT

Just finished Part III.

How does Part IV compare? I know its the last chapter and there are a bunch of battles and sidequests (finally). But part III flew by in the matter of only a few hours. Am I looking for another long haul like part I or will this be over relatively quickly?